Gaston Ramirez - Signs 4 Year Deal

Clunge

Ramirez, will he sign Y/N  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Ramirez, will he sign Y/N

Lawrenson is supposed to be employed as an objective, impartial, knowledgable punter.

Not really - he's a football pundit. All he said was he won't sign for us. Much like you did. He probably gave it a milisecond of thought before he offered that opinion. It certainly wasn't layered with the layers of paranoid schizo meaning you have given it...

his dismissive, patronising and arrogant tone clearly is saying "No f**king way will a player like that go to a little club of scummy no-hopers like that".

Oh effing pur-lease you freaking mentalist.

You said he wouldn't sign, and that's a-o-kay. Lawrenson says it and it's crime of the f u cking century.

And being that you didn't even want the kid to sign - let's remember this, everyone - you'd rather he didn't sign - why do you care that some pundit on an internet only mini opinion show said he thought he wouldn't sign. You don't want him here anyway.

You are mental. Utterly mental.

Why dont you and any other sad little people who go back and dredge up quotes get it ?

I am emotionally attached to this club; I have an emotional investement in it; that means sometimes I post emotive outbursts.

We're all "emotionally attached to this club" and we all "have an emotional investment in it" but we don't all keep wading in here with batsh*t-crazy overreactions on just about everything that happens here.

If you're not responsible in what you post, and you certainly aren't, don't bleat when it comes back to haunt you.

I still stand by my comments on Billy Sharp. If I were NA, I would not have been so eager to cast him aside for the likes of Ramirez and Rodriguez.

That's why he's managing a Premier League club, after two successive promotions, and you're sitting on a mountain in Austria or wherever the hell you are.

We're all "emotionally attached to this club" and we all "have an emotional investment in it" but we don't all keep wading in here with batsh*t-crazy overreactions on just about everything that happens here.

If you're not responsible in what you post, and you certainly aren't, don't bleat when it comes back to haunt you.

That's why he's managing a Premier League club, after two successive promotions, and you're sitting on a mountain in Austria or wherever the hell you are.

And you are doing whatever it is you are doing, arsewipe. I dont see you holding back on your opinion.

Not really - he's a football pundit. All he said was he won't sign for us. Much like you did. He probably gave it a milisecond of thought before he offered that opinion. It certainly wasn't layered with the layers of paranoid schizo meaning you have given it...

Oh effing pur-lease you freaking mentalist.

You said he wouldn't sign, and that's a-o-kay. Lawrenson says it and it's crime of the f u cking century.

And being that you didn't even want the kid to sign - let's remember this, everyone - you'd rather he didn't sign - why do you care that some pundit on an internet only mini opinion show said he thought he wouldn't sign. You don't want him here anyway.

You are mental. Utterly mental.

This is funny, coming from one of the biggest sociopaths on this site... :lol:

And you are doing whatever it is you are doing, arsewipe. I dont see you holding back on your opinion.

No, Alpine, because I've truly had enough of the negative impact you have on this forum - day in and day out. You're not alone but you really are a league apart.

You whine constantly about the abuse you take and then turn around and call me an "arsewipe" for daring to disagree with you - and I've defended you in the past, including yesterday.

To be brutally honest, I think you need some professional help. You endlessly invite criticism and even contempt, and when it inevitably comes you go running for cover behind your pathetic persecution complex.

No, Alpine, because I've truly had enough of the negative impact you have on this forum - day in and day out. You're not alone but you really are a league apart.

You whine constantly about the abuse you take and then turn around and call me an "arsewipe" for daring to disagree with you - and I've defended you in the past, including yesterday.

To be brutally honest, I think you need some professional help. You endlessly invite criticism and even contempt, and when it inevitably comes you go running for cover behind your pathetic persecution complex.

You went a bit further than disagreeing with me. Suggest you read your aggressive post again.

And I need help...:lol:

Once again, he ruins a thread. Why is he being allowed to run riot on here as he is?

Now if the comment about him preferring Sharp over Rodriguez/Ramirez isn't to attract ''bites'', then I don't know what is. He's a troll. and he's been allowed to troll for a good 7 years now. Why he is still allowed to do it is beyond me.

I can accept peoples opinions, but what I can't accept is the continuous trolling of negatives, and turning positive situations into a negative by twisting it all over the place. He's turned the signing of Ramirez into a negative and turned the thread into an argument, in the only way he can.

I did give him the benefit of doubt a while ago and accepted that he may just be a passionate fan who wants us to succeed as much as the next fan, but I don't see that anymore. The obvious nature of his posting pattern is a telling sign, when things are going well he's not around - 1 or 2 posts a week possibly. But when there's a slight problem, or a situation that may be negative, he's here. Daily. 10/20's posts a day.

If we were in the CL, he would still be exactly the same. I don't know why he's being allowed to continuously wind people up, because that's what he does. He attracts abuse because that's what he wants, and he takes threads off tangent because that's what he wants.

Define: Troll. = alpine. Should put it on wiki.

Listen to the comment again. He interrupts the presenter, and delivers the comment as a FACT. And his dismissive, patronising and arrogant tone (edit)

I recall often when I have expressed my opinion how annoyed it makes some because they interpret it as me stating a fact. And that is what Lawrenson did.

He seems to be communicating much in the same manner that you do. As you say some of us have picked you up on it. You may not intend you posts to sound that way but they often do. You can see it as persecution or you could re-read your posts and accept that some of us have a point. Then again you could just stick your head in the sand.

FWIW I know where you are coming from. He came across as a ****. Luckily he got his comeuppance as we did end up signing him. Hopefully Colin Murray will take him to task tomorrow night.

as sure as shyt, the MODs do nothing...I even heard that there is no facility at the moment to be able to infract Alpine.....seems he is here to stay regardless

Alpine, you go on about Sharp's talents but if you actually were at a game live and watched him it would soon be obvious that he is not Premiership material. Sometimes you do actually have to be in the stadium watching to get the whole picture. Not a criticism because i know you live a long way away which makes it hard to get to games, but you must respect the views of those that go who are lucky to get the broader picture. Trust me Sharp, great bloke and all that notwithstanding is NOT a Prem player. He knows it as well - that is why he went back to his comfort zone, where he will do an excellent job. And if we go down I sincerely hope we recall him, because he will get us back up.

Now he is here, he might as well show us what we are paying for.

But I would still have Sharp back in an instant. Its not me who has decided one-or-the-other...

You say it as though we've been lumped with him. He's one of the most promising talents in world football..... or Billy Sharp, the 'fat lad from Sheffield'.

Alpine, you go on about Sharp's talents but if you actually were at a game live and watched him it would soon be obvious that he is not Premiership material. Sometimes you do actually have to be in the stadium watching to get the whole picture. Not a criticism because i know you live a long way away which makes it hard to get to games, but you must respect the views of those that go who are lucky to get the broader picture. Trust me Sharp, great bloke and all that notwithstanding is NOT a Prem player. He knows it as well - that is why he went back to his comfort zone, where he will do an excellent job. And if we go down I sincerely hope we recall him, because he will get us back up.

I'm not sure you have to be at the games to make the judgment call but it certainly helps.

His biggest weakness for me was one I hoped would be resolved in pre-season training - his pace over the first ten yards, which is crucial for a "predatory striker." I noticed it on the TV coverage but it was even more apparent that he was lacking in this regard when I went to some games last year. From what I've seen of him this year, the problem is still there, and it's one of those things that will stop him from making the step up to PL standard.

FF, the problem I have is I come on here during/after a game and read posts from people that claim to have been there, with opinions about players that are 180deg apart. Being at a game for me is not a reliable method for judging the accuracy of an opinion. Look at the HUGE abuse Guly gets whenever we play badly. It is ALWAYS his fault in some poster's eyes.

My opinon on Billy is simply based on the critical and timely contributions he made to our promotion campaign last year. For me, combined with his good form in pre-season, means he was fully entitled to expect his shot at PL glory.

I'm not sure you have to be at the games to make the judgment call but it certainly helps.

His biggest weakness for me was one I hoped would be resolved in pre-season training - his pace over the first ten yards, which is crucial for a "predatory striker." I noticed it on the TV coverage but it was even more apparent that he was lacking in this regard when I went to some games last year. From what I've seen of him this year, the problem is still there, and it's one of those things that will stop him from making the step up to PL standard.

And there are absolutely no other aspects to his game that compensate, are there ?

Every player has his weaknesses.

Thanks for that.

We certainly seem to have signed players made for that 4-2-3-1, so I'd say it's going to be a lot more than an experiment.

Exactly, the way we played at city was tailor made for a player like him. He would have slotted right in, as in a weird way, we alrady seem to be built for him. Possibly sightly early to say, but he looks perfect for us

Don't tell MLG.

You can't really call 4231 a variation of 433, which is what Adkins constantly refers to the formation he is currently using as.

I haven't said we wouldn't use 4231 in the future or that I wouldn't want to see it. On the face of it Ramirez seems ideal for the 10 role in a 4231, he even has the shirt! :D

This.

FF, the problem I have is I come on here during/after a game and read posts from people that claim to have been there, with opinions about players that are 180deg apart. Being at a game for me is not a reliable method for judging the accuracy of an opinion. Look at the HUGE abuse Guly gets whenever we play badly. It is ALWAYS his fault in some poster's eyes.

My opinon on Billy is simply based on the critical and timely contributions he made to our promotion campaign last year. For me, combined with his good form in pre-season, means he was fully entitled to expect his shot at PL glory.

Totally agree, I don't know how people can categorically state that a guy who has scored 1 in 2 in the division below for three years, has a great pre-season and has just scored in the prem definitely wont make it in the prem. Based on his record he was entitled to a crack at it, it only suggest that NA believes he has better players for the has plans he has for the team and can be ruthless in order to see it through.

Im sad to see Sharp go, but I'm pleased that the gaffer has a plan and we seem to be getting players in to enact it.

Has potential homesickness written all over it - hope the club has got that side sorted. In footballing terms, building a side around him will help.

He's already spent 2 seasons playing away from his homeland so I don't see any problems in this regard by him moving here. The way he spoke about his contract, and how it was important for his family etc I'd imagine they'll be moving here with him too.

Totally agree, I don't know how people can categorically state that a guy who has scored 1 in 2 in the division below for three years, has a great pre-season and has just scored in the prem definitely wont make it in the prem. Based on his record he was entitled to a crack at it, it only suggest that NA believes he has better players for the has plans he has for the team and can be ruthless in order to see it through.

Im sad to see Sharp go, but I'm pleased that the gaffer has a plan and we seem to be getting players in to enact it.

When did he score in the Prem?

FF , you sum up perfectly my frustration during conversations with work colleagues who watch the football through a TV camera.

All the effort off the ball, unused runs off the ball dragging players out of position,encouragement or otherwise for team mates, leadership , team shape etc cannot be explained to those not there.

Oh, and Billy Sharp is a fine championship player but is not mobile or quick enough to catch out premiership defenders.

I had it in my head he scored against Man City, I watched the game but I was ****ed up in a bar in France, that's my excuse. Anyway I stand by what I said, it's difficult to write him of prem wise.

Well it seems Adkins already has?

Sorry St Chalet that this is on the Ramirez thread but Alpine made the link by saying it might have been better to not to have signed him and perservered with Sharp instead. Although I have not seen Ramirez play I am truly excited at his arrival (bit worried about the lack of defenders but that is another thread) and fully expect him to be a far better player than our Billy.