The Ramirez Off Topic Thread

maysie

Like this you mean?

And some are natural c u nts eh Ginge, as you'd well know.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?39568-HCDAJFU-The-transfer-deadline-countdown&p=1449672#post1449672

Ah yes, you throwing a proper, proper kiddie tantrum. Talk about bed-wetting!!

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?39568-HCDAJFU-The-transfer-deadline-countdown&p=1451597#post1451597

He's just trying hard to maintain his forum hard man image Timmy.

Edited by Turkish

Why are you so close-minded to people having their own opinions? Pretty small-minded if you ask me.

Alpine doesnt post his opinion he posts for a reaction.... I dont have any issue with that but dont then start crying when you get abuse!

Alpine is like one of them cheeky kids at school..... All lippy and smart-ass but as soon as someone slaps him, he runs to the teacher, calls the police and plays all innocent!

Why do some of you posters...including the fluuucking WUM spoil this site...

We are meant to be on the same side FFS...

It seems some people just can't get on :rolleyes:

It would be much better if everyone respected everyone's views :D

But sadly when you've got power hungry mods and forum hardmen with a rep to maintain its a tough job to be friends with everyone :scared:

It seems some people just can't get on :rolleyes:

It would be much better if everyone respected everyone's views :D

But sadly when you've got power hungry mods and forum hardmen with a rep to maintain its a tough job to be friends with everyone :scared:

AND that is another thing:rolleyes:......You and your silly Fluuuucking crayons:p.....hOW CHILDISH IS THAT fffs:uhoh:

I think I may be wrong. It turns out the reactions to Alpine are completely within reason to the fact that he posts negatively on a FOOTBALL forum, and that the personal insults are completely fair and in complete proportion to the posts he writes on this forum.

No they are not, and are dealt with.

You and Alpine cruise SWF posting comments for a reaction - when you get that reaction you cry foul and start insisting infractions are handed out!

PATHETIC!!

I got an infraction for calling Dibden a boring c*nt. I thought this was grossly unfair as it was a statement of fact.

I reckon the snide went crying to the mods.

I've never understood why people get so upset over someone on the internet. It's easy to pretend they aren't there, that they don't exist. Infractions on an internet forum don't mean anything, they don't make you a bad person and the person doesn't feel like they have the weight of the world on their shoulders when they get one. I'm betting that the majority who get infractions don't cry themselves to sleep over it. It's laughable that someone would think that they're a hard-hitting punishment and it's even more laughable that someone feels the need to carry on acting like a total tool until they get their own way. Everywhere else in life they are the same person with or without these little black dots next to their name, or whatever. They mean absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. A lot things are said to get a reaction, if you're biting at every possible opportunity you're just feeding the numpties.

You could probably discard a number of pages of this thread just because of the sheer amount of bickering. At the end of the day this is all about a bloke who plays football. If we don't get this one then we move on to another, then another, then another. There's plenty of them out there. If someone comes to the thread to add valuable discussion or say that they know something then fair enough - not everyone has to be right 100% of the time.

I'm not going to be drawn further into this, and yes, I understand the irony of getting involved in the first place, but I come to this site for discussion about football (and I choose to post whenever I feel I can contribute), not to see some people with thousands upon thousands of posts getting upset over some words on a screen. An internet forum is a place for discussion, I understand this, but when it turns from clear, reasonable talk into bickering over pointless, meaningless words from someone you don't know, it goes too far.

If it gets to that point then just ignore them, don't feed the trolls or the keyboard warriors and they'll go away.

For what it's worth, I only saw Ramirez at the Olympics but he was clearly a stand-out player for the Uruguayan side.

I've never understood why people get so upset over someone on the internet. It's easy to pretend they aren't there, that they don't exist. Infractions on an internet forum don't mean anything, they don't make you a bad person and the person doesn't feel like they have the weight of the world on their shoulders when they get one. I'm betting that the majority who get infractions don't cry themselves to sleep over it. It's laughable that someone would think that they're a hard-hitting punishment and it's even more laughable that someone feels the need to carry on acting like a total tool until they get their own way. Everywhere else in life they are the same person with or without these little black dots next to their name, or whatever. They mean absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. A lot things are said to get a reaction, if you're biting at every possible opportunity you're just feeding the numpties.

You could probably discard a number of pages of this thread just because of the sheer amount of bickering. At the end of the day this is all about a bloke who plays football. If we don't get this one then we move on to another, then another, then another. There's plenty of them out there. If someone comes to the thread to add valuable discussion or say that they know something then fair enough - not everyone has to be right 100% of the time.

I'm not going to be drawn further into this, and yes, I understand the irony of getting involved in the first place, but I come to this site for discussion about football (and I choose to post whenever I feel I can contribute), not to see some people with thousands upon thousands of posts getting upset over some words on a screen. An internet forum is a place for discussion, I understand this, but when it turns from clear, reasonable talk into bickering over pointless, meaningless words from someone you don't know, it goes too far.

If it gets to that point then just ignore them, don't feed the trolls or the keyboard warriors and they'll go away.

For what it's worth, I only saw Ramirez at the Olympics but he was clearly a stand-out player for the Uruguayan side.

very well put.

They are both the Forums equivalent to Busquets, they kick, cheat, moan and winge to the officials and as soon as anyone reacts or even goes near then the over the top theatrics come out.

and then try and post a few matey jokey posts as if eveyone will forget the normal pattern of the previous five years

and then try and post a few matey jokey posts as if eveyone will forget the normal pattern of the previous five years

I'm not sure if you are referring to me, but have I really been like this for 5 years. It has only been since the end of July that I have become worried and expressed that, so I think 5 years is a little excessive.

They are both the Forums equivalent to Busquets, they kick, cheat, moan and winge to the officials and as soon as anyone reacts or even goes near then the over the top theatrics come out.

Is Busquets a hard man though? We need someone who is a real enforcer but also moans and whinges waving imaginary cards at the referees to truely represent DPS on here.

Coriander Lounge isn't cheap. I feel for whoever picked up the tab...

If they were a rich, successful businessman they could probably write it off against tax as entertainment expenses. That's if they were running their own buiness and declaring the tax of course.

I see I'm off ignore again.

No, just knew you'd be responding to me as you like to follow me around and throw the hard man thing at me, so I thought I'd look. I think 7 of your last 10 posts responding to me have said that though, so at least you're consistent, if very hypocritical. At least I try to mix mine up by changing your name.

For what it's worth, I only saw Ramirez at the Olympics but he was clearly a stand-out player for the Uruguayan side.[/quote

Very well put. Maybe there should be a section of the forum only for football and a section perhaps called "childish abuse".

I really like the idea of a Ramirez off topic thread. Feels a bit like a fringe venue, where instead of discussing the merits of the transfer, it's more about calling each other c*nts and suchlike. This would be a red button option on any digital channel. For c*nts.

I really like the idea of a Ramirez off topic thread. Feels a bit like a fringe venue, where instead of discussing the merits of the transfer, it's more about calling each other c*nts and suchlike. This would be a red button option on any digital channel. For c*nts.

It's the Bestival of mongboards, yes?

It's the Bestival of mongboards, yes?

I have never been, Turks. I see they have Stevie Wonder, Florence and The Machine and New Order headlining this year. Are they all going to the IoW to call each other c*nts? If so, that is an intriguing clash of styles. Might just get me over to the Isle of Wight again.

I have never been, Turks. I see they have Stevie Wonder, Florence and The Machine and New Order headlining this year. Are they all going to the IoW to call each other c*nts? If so, that is an intriguing clash of styles. Might just get me over to the Isle of Wight again.

FFS get Google Maps.

IOW rofl

Bestival is MUCH harder to get to