The Ramirez Off Topic Thread

maysie

They outed you on POL from memory, that's where I saw it.

ps Mods cannot read PM's and I am fairly sure this applies to Admins as well.

A likely tale.

How did you know it was me? They didn't. My usernames were completely different. There was no connection from that login to mine here.

Just got a 4 point infration for that post. What was I saying about it all being very serious on here. All because Chalet didn't like it. Even though this icon :spaz: features on the smileys. Odd.

Yikes. For the MungBean thing? Because the rest of what you said is pure sense. This site is not a news outlet, it's a forum. And despite certain people, usually an entertaining and fun one to read and be a part of.

Should we separate serious 'news' threads, from open discussion ones?

I know the rules about keeping on topic but NOTHING IS HAPPENING! NOTHING EVER HAPPENS UNTIL THE SIGNING IS ANNOUNCED! If we were all sat waiting in the press conference room at St Mary's for 2 weeks would we talk to each other, or sit on our hands and stare straight ahead in silence?

. I sometimes put a smiley and sad face on the board for year 7 pupils who are being good or naughty, this is not too dissimilar.

In my day at the old juvenile learning emporium it was a gold star on your exercise book for the former and a couple of whacks

with mr Whippy for the latter (Mr Whippy being a cane not an Ice Cream Vendor).

Yikes. For the MungBean thing? Because the rest of what you said is pure sense. This site is not a news outlet, it's a forum. And despite certain people, usually an entertaining and fun one to read and be a part of.

Should we separate serious 'news' threads, from open discussion ones?

I know the rules about keeping on topic but NOTHING IS HAPPENING! NOTHING EVER HAPPENS UNTIL THE SIGNING IS ANNOUNCED! If we were all sat waiting in the press conference room at St Mary's for 2 weeks would we talk to each other, or sit on our hands and stare straight ahead in silence?

Because I said this was a m***board. Even though people have been saying m*** on here for years. Apparantly this is a rascist, sexist or discriminatory comment. Even Mrs Turkish now asks me if I am on the m***board these days! Spaz is fine though.

Because I said this was a m***board. Even though people have been saying m*** on here for years. Apparantly this is a rascist, sexist or discriminatory comment. Even Mrs Turkish now asks me if I am on the m***board these days! Spaz is fine though.

You can't say mong now? I thought Ricky Gervais definitively established recently that that is an inoffensive word.

Nope. One of the 3 worst in fact.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/may/10/matthew-wright-disability-slurs-tv-poll

I would like to know this. Mostly I would like to know why Turkish got an infraction for his common sense post. Most of all I would like a screenshot of where it says Turkish was crushing people's dreams (as I wrote that I just cracked up.)

I got an infraction for a sarcastic comment and Jimmy D sent me a long rambling email saying I was Stamping on people's dream because I'm argue against champions league and all that. Then he posted something about the Olympic torch and the Marcus Liebherr trophy so I replied "I don't want to stamp on your dreams but the tournament is to honour Marcus Liehberr, the torch is a sideshow" and he infracted me for it.

Well MLG, he isn't far wrong here, in Uruguay and also in and around Buenos Aires (Argentina), they speak a form of Spanish that is very different to the Spanish spoken in mainland Spain and the rest of the Spanish speaking world. It's called Rioplatense, but some people refer to it as Uruguayan, or Argentine, depending on which side of the Rio de la Plata you happen to be.

I struggle to understand Geordies, they still speak English. :p

Can everyone please just talk about Ramirez FFS. I've managed to add 160 high quality Ramirez related posts to this thread, the rest of you jokers are just annoying the lurkers who only want ACTUAL news!

OK, I'll add some on the ground news. I just swam across the river from Buenos Aires to Uruguay and spoke to the club president of Peñarol and Gaston's family. They both confirmed he has signed, awaiting confirmation from Cortese of a life supply of Fray Bentos pies for Gaston's dog.

OK, I'll add some on the ground news. I just swam across the river from Buenos Aires to Uruguay and spoke to the club president of Peñarol and Gaston's family. They both confirmed he has signed, awaiting confirmation from Cortese of a life supply of Fray Bentos pies for Gaston's dog.

This is clearly not true and a pointless post. Mods admistor suitable punishment please. This board is for serious discussion only.

Turkish

I'm sorry that you got infracted for a response to one of my posts.

I agree that there are other options for Saints news but find It's normally on here first and other pep's seem to have more time on their hands than me to post Saints related stuff.

It's just a bit frustrating that most threads seem to turn into a BS or **** swinging contest.

This is clearly not true and a pointless post. Mods admistor suitable punishment please. This board is for serious discussion only.

I'm outraged at your slander against my my character. Unless you can prove my swimming excursion to Uruguay is a lie, I fully expect the mods to punish your baseless accusations against me.

Turkish

I'm sorry that you got infracted for a response to one of my posts.

I agree that there are other options for Saints news but find It's normally on here first and other pep's seem to have more time on their hands than me to post Saints related stuff.

It's just a bit frustrating that most threads seem to turn into a BS or **** swinging contest.

If you go onto a thread looking for news and people are talking garbage or having some banter, it's a good indication that there is no news. As soon as anything newsworthy appears, the thread goes back on topic (mostly!)

What's his dog's name?