The Ramirez Off Topic Thread

maysie

No one accused you of anything. You were asked a question, to which your only response was "you've gone off on a tangent".

If it was just people arguing with Alps, that'd be fair enough. But it's not. People are jumping on with "me too" responses calling for him to be banned. They are reacting to the reaction, not to Alps' posts.

Okay, you asked me a question. I still don't quite understand how you got there, but go on: 'That your endgame, is it? Would you like people to think of you instead?'.

Er, No. Hope that helps.

I think some people really are reacting to his posts, you are claiming they aren't. That's ridiculous.

You think everyone is just caught up in a frenzy, and really they don't have an issue with what he posts? I think everyone would beg to differ.

Pap, Socal - peace brothers - as a neutral 'blue beret' (as opposed to blue helmet - which could be misinterpreted as some sort of smutty double entandre its is indeed cold up here) it is clear that Alps divides opinion - he is either a) a genuinely miserable reactionary - who just needs to vent his spleen when something goes wrong, or b) does it deliberately to wind folk up

If a=TRUE, THEN=live and let live as hidden under the eeyoresque cloud of doom are some valid points and opinion

if b=TRUE, then hes not the only one NB. I dont actually think this is true - I believe he is just 'tired and emotional' when he posts ;)

Pap, Socal - peace brothers - as a neutral 'blue beret' (as opposed to blue helmet - which could be misinterpreted as some sort of smutty double entandre its is indeed cold up here) it is clear that Alps divides opinion - he is either a) a genuinely miserable reactionary - who just needs to vent his spleen when something goes wrong, or b) does it deliberately to wind folk up

If a=TRUE, THEN=live and let live as hidden under the eeyoresque cloud of doom are some valid points and opinion

if b=TRUE, then hes not the only one NB. I dont actually think this is true - I believe he is just 'tired and emotional' when he posts ;)

Fair enough, I just find it hard not to reply to specific lines of reasoning that seem off to me.

Anyway. Peace be with you all, And may we have a productive thurs / fri in the transfer market. Amen.

Okay, you asked me a question. I still don't quite understand how you got there, but go on: 'That your endgame, is it? Would you like people to think of you instead?'.

Er, No. Hope that helps.

I think some people really are reacting to his posts, you are claiming they aren't. That's ridiculous.

You think everyone is just caught up in a frenzy, and really they don't have an issue with what he posts? I think everyone would beg to differ.

I'm not disputing the fact that some people reply directly to Alps. Most don't. It's a sad little "me too" response that only occurs because people feel empowered by what others have said.

Look at the post I weighed in on, for example. Not a reply - just a call for a ban.

FREE the Alpine One!

Banning is like 'Burning Books' - we may not like the opinion, we may not like the individual, we may know its a deliberate attempt to WUM or at least provoke a response, some may even post distateful comments... but it does allow us to respond, laugh at ignorance and in a rare case educate and 'cure' the simpletons of their naive or worse ignorant opinions (see I can be patronizing - almost as good a Fry ;)) Even Dune, we can all point out the ridiculous extremist views and hope that it puts off others from being interested in such crap as they see us wise fine intellects cast him back down into the mire of shiedt from which he sprung unheralded...or words to that effect. Now I must get on with work!

FREE the Alpine One!

Banning is like 'Burning Books' - we may not like the opinion, we may not like the individual, we may know its a deliberate attempt to WUM or at least provoke a response, some may even post distateful comments... but it does allow us to respond, laugh at ignorance and in a rare case educate and 'cure' the simpletons of their naive or worse ignorant opinions (see I can be patronizing - almost as good a Fry ;)) Even Dune, we can all point out the ridiculous extremist views and hope that it puts off others from being interested in such crap as they see us wise fine intellects cast him back down into the mire of shiedt from which he sprung unheralded...or words to that effect. Now I must get on with work!

I wholeheartedly agree with most of these sentiments, although I take slight umbrage with your slip from the mother tongue.

Bring out your mad, I say - and let's do battle.

Right boys and girls

Time for me to properly wade in on this, basically I am fed up with messing about, going back and forth and pleading to god that this will end

I am invoking the bouncing breasts rule, never used in a situation of such seriousness but deffo worth a go

Bare with it guys

bounce.gif

Is this Mrs Ramirez ?

• 2 weeks later...

I've got this little niece, she's like 5 and she was asking me today bout how plants make babies. I weren't sure but i didn't want to look stupid so I said that the man plant rubs his spunk in a bumblebees face, and the bumblebee takes it to a girl plant. My niece was like well what if there's no bumblebees? and then i remembered bout how some plants throw their spunk in the wind and hope it goes and lands in the girl plants vagina. Then my niece said well what if there's no wind? I didn't know what to say bout that. I think they have sex with their sister but i didn't want to tell her that. She's only 5.

Bearsy, your performance in this thread reminds me of watching a crap film with a good actor in it.

The movie goes off course, gets boring, caught up in dialogue etc, etc - then the one good actor pops up, does something different - and keeps everyone interested for a bit longer.

Bravo little bear! You are that respected thespian!

I've got this little niece, she's like 5 and she was asking me today bout how plants make babies. I weren't sure but i didn't want to look stupid so I said that the man plant rubs his spunk in a bumblebees face, and the bumblebee takes it to a girl plant. My niece was like well what if there's no bumblebees? and then i remembered bout how some plants throw their spunk in the wind and hope it goes and lands in the girl plants vagina. Then my niece said well what if there's no wind? I didn't know what to say bout that. I think they have sex with their sister but i didn't want to tell her that. She's only 5.

You been reading Catcher in the Rye Bearsy? Style sounds remarkably Holden Caulfield like.

Nah homes I ain't read that one. I've heard of it though, it's that one bout the dude what killed Abraham Lincoln or whatever. I'll maybe check it out.

I have been reading a bit though bout Tulisa and bout her getting sexed up or whatever. It was pretty bad right, she was out with Fazer and Dappy and they was all putting drugs in peoples drinks and she was like I don't want to be drugged so she was pretending she weren't thirsty or whatever, but then she had a drink anyway and it was spiked and she woke up in "a strange taxi" which I thought was odd cos all taxis are strange, and Fazer or Dappy was feeling her up - she ain't clear which one - then she was unconscious again and when she woke up again she was in Fazer or Dappy's bedroom and Fazer or Dappy was having sex with her but she weren't loving it but she couldn't tell Fazer or Dappy to stop cos she was drugs. Then she wakes up next morning and Fazer or Dappy's mum is making her a cup of tea and asking her if she had nice sex, and cos she is embarrassed she is saying "Oh yes thanks Mrs. Fazer/Dappy."

Nah homes I ain't read that one. I've heard of it though, it's that one bout the dude what killed Abraham Lincoln or whatever. I'll maybe check it out.

"

Well not really, it's about a very confused 1950s teenager who has problems relating to virtually the whole of society.

In fact the title comes from his deranged state. When asked what he wants to be or do all he can come up with is a line from a poem (Burns i think) about a body meeting a body coming through the rye with kids falling off a cliff and him catching them.. Hence the Catcher in the Rye although the setting is 1950s New York. Salinger was a bit of a wierdo though.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I've got the video if you want bear? Can you do attachments to pms?

Just post it up here homes! Anything that ain't bout Ramirez is "on topic" in this thread. It's like the mods have give me a free pass to talk bolllocxs!

You know that Tulisa story? When you heard about it did you get a little boner even though it was basically a terrible rape story?

No, me neither... I mean alright I did but in my defence next to the story they had enticing pictures of Tulisa sticking her boobs out or whatever.

Someone back me up here, I can't be the only one knows bout the catcher I the sky killing Abraham Lincolnshire. There was a whole movie bout it starring mel gibsons, Julia Roberts and baldy big nose from star trek

there are virtually no films of Salinger's works, maybe one, maybe none. He didn't want to be any sort of role model or

public figure.

Free education here Bearsy, fill yer boots.

Your gonna eat your words Window when the muppet show massive is coming on here backing up my infos! It's totally Lols that I know more bout it and I aint even read the dumb book!

There was a film about the assisination of Lincoln a while back, The Conspirator if I remember correctly. Redford was director I think and it looks at the trial of the presumed assassins. James McAvoy was in it but I don't think there were either Mel Gibson or Julia Roberts.

Nah I think you've got the wrong movie there Windows, I mean i think it was called something like that but there was no James McAlvoys and was definitely Mel Gibsons. I'll try and remember bit more bout it...

So there's Mel Gibsons and he is driving a taxi or something and he wants to kill President Obama and Baldy Big Nose from Star Trek wants to stop him... no that don't sound quite right. So Baldy Big Nose from Star Trek wants Mel Gibsons to kill President Obama, yeah that's it, and what he does is make Mel Gibsons read the Catcher In The Sky like loads of times so that he learns bout how they got away with killing Abrahams Lincolnshire or whatever. And Julia Roberts is riding a horse or something, and she don't want Mel Gibsons to do it... so she like I don't remember the details but it worked out in the end.

What you have to learn Windows is it's all very well reading books but when you read a book and think it's bout one thing you have to read it again more careful and look out for subtexts to find out what it's really bout. That's why movies is useful cos they have experts in reading books. Like you might read the catcher in the sky and think it's about a 50 year old being disuwhatever bout his brother dying of aids, but when you see the subtext you discover what it's really bout is Mel Gibsons killing Abrahams Lincoln and Julia Roberts riding a horse.

Nah I think you've got the wrong movie there Windows, I mean i think it was called something like that but there was no James McAlvoys and was definitely Mel Gibsons. I'll try and remember bit more bout it...

So there's Mel Gibsons and he is driving a taxi or something and he wants to kill President Obama and Baldy Big Nose from Star Trek wants to stop him... no that don't sound quite right. So Baldy Big Nose from Star Trek wants Mel Gibsons to kill President Obama, yeah that's it, and what he does is make Mel Gibsons read the Catcher In The Sky like loads of times so that he learns bout how they got away with killing Abrahams Lincolnshire or whatever. And Julia Roberts is riding a horse or something, and she don't want Mel Gibsons to do it... so she like I don't remember the details but it worked out in the end.

What you have to learn Windows is it's all very well reading books but when you read a book and think it's bout one thing you have to read it again more careful and look out for subtexts to find out what it's really bout. That's why movies is useful cos they have experts in reading books. Like you might read the catcher in the sky and think it's about a 50 year old being disuwhatever bout his brother dying of aids, but when you see the subtext you discover what it's really bout is Mel Gibsons killing Abrahams Lincoln and Julia Roberts riding a horse.

Well I can see how you're confused. The film you're talking about is Conspiracy Theory, The Conspirator is about the trial of Lincoln's assassins.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If it makes you feel better I got what you were blabbering about from your very first reference. ;)