The Ramirez Off Topic Thread

maysie

It's almost as if you want us to fail Alpine.

Nope.

Once, just for once, I want to see an orderly, professional and successful transfer window over the summer which means we start a season fully prepared with new signings integrated well, rather this staggering to a formula b*ll*cks we always go through.

Earlier transfers mean we have to pay a few weeks more wages. So...f**king...what ?

I will never be convinced about the motivation and ambitions of our mamagement if none of them ever put their money where their mouth is and start the season at full throttle.

I have to say some of the reactions to Alpine are very juvenile.

Alpine adds spice to a forum like this and many people look forward to his posts. Rather his posts that a bland forum were only consensus is allowed.

It's a well know fact that unless you think NC is the greatest human being alive, we will stroll the Premiership, we're a massive club, we have a huge fan base and we play the greatest football the world has ever seen then you aren't a real fan and are only here to try and derail our bid for global domination.

Nope.

Once, just for once, I want to see an orderly, professional and successful transfer window over the summer which means we start a season fully prepared with new signings integrated well, rather this staggering to a formula b*ll*cks we always go through.

Earlier transfers mean we have to pay a few weeks more wages. So...f**king...what ?

I will never be convinced about the motivation and ambitions of our mamagement if none of them ever put their money where their mouth is and start the season at full throttle.

Like last year? Seems the mamagement have already answered your concern.

Nope.

TBF Alps, how many clubs did that? Most chairman want to hang onto their best players or to wait until they know they are getting top dollar for them! All clubs showing that negotiations aren't easy in this present day! Plus we picked up a long time target in J Rod, a fantastic talent in Clyne and a decent midfielder in Davies. Add Gazzeniga to that and it hasn't been a bad window! Ramirez is as close as you can get to signing, and know we need defenders! Hang tight and you will be rewarded!

It's a well know fact that unless you think NC is the greatest human being alive, we will stroll the Premiership, we're a massive club, we have a huge fan base and we play the greatest football the world has ever seen then you aren't a real fan and are only here to try and derail our bid for global domination.

Seriously, why do you persist with this ****?

Nope.

But that simply doesn't happen....alas your going to be very disappointed every year. The majority of players worth signing won't be released until the selling club know they have maximised the sale fee and/or sourced suitable replacements. This is nature of the beast with transfer windows so I would suggest you get used to it as until the transfer regulations are altered things won't change.

There are obviously particular circumstances when we can sign adequate players but I'd rather wait to sign players far better than what we have.

And so it begins. Another thread hijacked by some who seem to think that if they do not tell us their point of view every other hour then we might forget.

We get it.

You think we should buy players earlier.

You think people who actually think NC is doing a good job are incapable of thinking he can make a mistake.

Please, Mods, Start a sticky for each of these trolls, then when they feal the urge to tell us for the thousandth time that we are a yoyo club, they have a place to do it.

Are you an H & S representative with a beige cardigan and slacks by any chance ?

But that simply doesn't happen....alas your going to be very disappointed every year. The majority of players worth signing won't be released until the selling club know they have maximised the sale fee and/or sourced suitable replacements. This is nature of the beast with transfer windows so I would suggest you get used to it as until the transfer regulations are altered things won't change.

There are obviously particular circumstances when we can sign adequate players but I'd rather wait to sign players far better than what we have.

Look, if we are a stable PL (or even NPC) team, not looking like going down and not looking like challenging to go up, I'd have more patience with this scenario.

BUT we have just got back to the PL for 7 years. How the f**k can you think your League 1 CBs are up to the job against the very best on the planet, FFS ? You know very early what is going to need to change, so one could argue that since our good run at the beginning of last season that left us sitting pretty at the end of October we should have know what would be needed.

We were after J-Rod for ages, why werent we after decent CBs, especially as we brought Jos in on loan in January ?

Sorry, the lack of attention to the CB issue is f**king criminal...

Are you an H & S representative with a beige cardigan and slacks by any chance ?

Strange question?

Answer is no by the way. Hope that helps. You dont agree that certain posters on this forum are spoiling it for the majority with their constant trolling?

Alps, this sums you up for me. The assumption that there has been a lack of attention. None of us know what has been happening behind the scenes, we only have Nigel's quotes that he wants to bring in '1 or 2 centre backs' to go on, so no one can state anything with any guarantee, but equally, neither can you, and it is the way in which you put this that winds so many people up. Your assertion that we have f*cked up, that Saints are always at fault for not meeting your expectations...

Yes, people should moderate their replies and not resort to name calling etc, but once again, you have to step back and see why some people are inclined to react like that, because of your aggressive assertions which are based on nothing but your own negative opinion.

Look, if we are a stable PL (or even NPC) team, not looking like going down and not looking like challenging to go up, I'd have more patience with this scenario.

BUT we have just got back to the PL for 7 years. How the f**k can you think your League 1 CBs are up to the job against the very best on the planet, FFS ? You know very early what is going to need to change, so one could argue that since our good run at the beginning of last season that left us sitting pretty at the end of October we should have know what would be needed.

We were after J-Rod for ages, why werent we after decent CBs, especially as we brought Jos in on loan in January ?

Everyone would agree with you on the CB situation and you have valid grounds to be concerned with that, but it's no secret and the club are well aware of this. Let's just wait and see the state of our squad once the window is shut, we've all waited a couple of months, we can wait a couple more days by which point we'll be in a far better decision to pass judgement on our transfer activity this year.

Strange question?

Answer is no by the way. Hope that helps. You dont agree that certain posters on this forum are spoiling it for the majority with their constant trolling?

Why is it trolling ?

I am happy to discuss the various facets of our differing viewpoints. Seems to me you get called a troll on here simply for sticking to your guns.

I will stop posting if we sign a winger, 2 CBs and a LB.

Is that just permanent signings ... or does it include loans?

Also, would Ramirez count as the winger?

Just think it is sensible to put some reasonable limits on any backtracking that could occur later this week ;)

Is that just permanent signings ... or does it include loans?

Also, would Ramirez count as the winger?

Just think it is sensible to put some reasonable limits on any backtracking that could occur later this week ;)

Proper signings - we've had ample time for them.

And I'll throw you a bone and count Paul Allen's new mate as a winger...

Seriously Alps, how do you know we haven't been after any CBs?

Maybe we've made enquiries as to the decent ones and they aren't available at a decent price. We've got enough adequate backup (not good/exceptional I grant you) that we haven't had to panic buy at the start of the window.

Most clubs will try and hold out to maximise their profit on players and if that means that we buy 4 CBs on the last day at 22:59BST so be it.....

Jos came in August....there were plenty on here saying we were nuts and he wasn't good enough.

You don't know that there's been a lack of attention on CBs....and that's the thread that runs throughout your many posts. You simply don't know yet it doesn't stop you throwing out accusations.

We don't do our transfers in public....that's been obvious for 3 years. This one has been highlighted by other parties due to its high profile nature.

Transfers aren't all done in May. Get used to it. Wait until Saturday and see what we've got. If you think we're short then fair enough - we'll see at the end of the season.

Seriously Alps, how do you know we haven't been after any CBs?

Maybe we've made enquiries as to the decent ones and they aren't available at a decent price. We've got enough adequate backup (not good/exceptional I grant you) that we haven't had to panic buy at the start of the window.

Most clubs will try and hold out to maximise their profit on players and if that means that we buy 4 CBs on the last day at 22:59BST so be it.....

Who cares about the backup quality, BBB ?

We havent even got a good enough first-choice pair, imo...

im not a mod so apologise for seeming like telling people what to do etc but this is the Gaston Ramirez thread. If i want to ignore people on the "lack of transfer activity thread" i can do but i cannot ignore what is meant for another thread on this thread when i am simply trying to find out whats going on with this transfer. Its easy for threads to get sidetracked and people often have to respond when slagged off but there are threads relevant for the above discussions and its f***ing boring reading about it when you dont want to. Thge forum is simple - i pay my fiver to read the threads i want to not to read the views of some people about the same issue on every single thread. PLease stop ruining this board. If i want to be a happy clappy then i have the right to - if i want to read everything i have the right to - if i want to be negative i can do but please put it in the right places so people can read what they pay to

ps i do see the irony of posting this on this thread but it is relavent to this thread now lol!

Why on earth does anybody really think they are getting the genuine low-down and events of this transfer saga on this bloody thread ???

Jos came in August....there were plenty on here saying we were nuts and he wasn't good enough.

You don't know that there's been a lack of attention on CBs....and that's the thread that runs throughout your many posts. You simply don't know yet it doesn't stop you throwing out accusations.

We don't do our transfers in public....that's been obvious for 3 years. This one has been highlighted by other parties due to its high profile nature.

Transfers aren't all done in May. Get used to it. Wait until Saturday and see what we've got. If you think we're short then fair enough - we'll see at the end of the season.

I judge by results.

Thats why I've never subscribed to this "we deserved to win", "if we play against Team A like we just played against Team B, we'll have no problems" and "we played really we apart from the mistakes" utter, utter meaningless gibberish. I couldnt care less whose agent's telephone numbers we've collected, its the signings that count. And we've come up woefully short.

I judge by results.

Thats why I've never subscribed to this "we deserved to win", "if we play against Team A like we just played against Team B, we'll have no problems" and "we played really we apart from the mistakes" utter, utter meaningless gibberish. I couldnt care less whose agent's telephone numbers we've collected, its the signings that count. And we've come up woefully short.

But you don't judge by results, you judge by your expected result, I.e. we won't sign any decent CBs. The game's not over yet. Give it a chance to finish before wading in and making a t it of yourself.

I also think the club as a whole deserves a chance from the fans - collectively and individually they've done a fecking good job in the last 3 years.

If you judged by results you'd cut them some slack based on what has been achieved so far.

collectively and individually they've done a fecking good job in the last 3 years.

If you judged by results you'd cut them some slack based on what has been achieved so far.

come on, that was bloody yonks ago now.

There would be no members left after barely a few weeks. We've all spouted ******** and got stuff wrong, some more often/frequently than others.

Not DPS, he'd still be here as he only deals in FACTS and if anyone disagrees he'll slit their throat. (in a cyber sense of course)

Jos was a gamble. A last minute panic buy after we'd missed out on all our other targets. Luckily for us it worked but it could have gone horribly wrong. We dont want to be in that situation again.

Nope.

You do realise thats not how it works at any club... Ever dont you ?

Of course we would all like it all to ve sorted early, I personally believe the TW should end before the season starts, but it doesnt.

Also I would rather wait until friday and get the signings we actually want then sign some radh signings akin to Jacobsson and Callum f*cking Davenport and ensure our departure back to the NPC even quicker.

If you actually waited until Sat and we had not the required personel and THEN berated and moaned then who could argue with you ?

The fact you dont and the way you post suggests to me that you only post for a reaction, this annoys me more than anything as I get infractions etc for the most pathetic of things, and Mods moan about threads going of topic but what is the most common reason for that I wonder ?

Jos was a gamble. A last minute panic buy after we'd missed out on all our other targets. Luckily for us it worked but it could have gone horribly wrong. We dont want to be in that situation again.

A gamble? Because it wasn't broadcast in the media and went under the radar it was therefore a gamble? I'd be pretty sure, judging by the way NA and NC seem to work that they'd done their homework and he fitted the bill. I'm also sure that we'd have had a list of CB targets and he was one of them. He was exactly what we were looking for and has the right character for the team.

But, like you said, we clearly just took a punt and got lucky :rolleyes:

A gamble? Because it wasn't broadcast in the media and went under the radar it was therefore a gamble? I'd be pretty sure, judging by the way NA and NC seem to work that they'd done their homework and he fitted the bill. I'm also sure that we'd have had a list of CB targets and he was one of them. He was exactly what we were looking for and has the right character for the team.

But, like you said, we clearly just took a punt and got lucky :rolleyes:

As anyone who has any ounce of knowledge on Saints last summer dealings knows, we had deals lined up fro Gorkss, Jemmel and Fountaine which all fell through, these were all permanent deals which didn't happen. clearly they had done their research and it worked out but dont kid yourself into think Jos was our first choice. If he was why try and sign the others first and why not try and get him in during the window rather than in on loan? It worked out but it we got him because we didn't get our first three targets for whatever reason and it was a gamble because he hadn't exactly been a roaring success at Celtic had he?

As anyone who has any ounce of knowledge on Saints last summer dealings knows, we had deals lined up fro Gorkss, Jemmel and Fountaine which all fell through, these were all permanent deals which didn't happen. clearly they had done their research and it worked out but dont kid yourself into think Jos was our first choice. If he was why try and sign the others first and why not try and get him in during the window rather than in on loan? It worked out but it we got him because we didn't get our first three targets for whatever reason and it was a gamble because he hadn't exactly been a roaring success at Celtic had he?

If you read my post properly this time you'll see that I said I'm sure he was on a list of CBs, all of which fitted the bill. It also seems that we pulled out of Fontaine and Ward once they say down to discuss the move - maybe they weren't the right characters for our team.

No, Jos wasn't a roaring success at Celtic, but he was bought by the previous manager, for injured, Lennon didn't fancy him so he was available. It happens. As it turns out it seems as though Adkins is a better judge of a player than Lennon (surprised? No, me neither). It'd suggest he did his homework...... or 'got lucky' if you want to take that route......

Much like Gaston, I'm sure we have other irons in the fire for that position if it doesn't happen, so maybe we'll get lucky again

Dunno bout this first choice, second choice thing. I reckon we get some targets, go for them all, and then at the last minute Cortese decides which is the best value for money and pulls the plug on the others. That's why we've had a few disgruntled clubs/players thinking we're buying and getting a bit lemon when we don't.

If you read my post properly this time you'll see that I said I'm sure he was on a list of CBs, all of which fitted the bill. It also seems that we pulled out of Fontaine and Ward once they say down to discuss the move - maybe they weren't the right characters for our team.

No, Jos wasn't a roaring success at Celtic, but he was bought by the previous manager, for injured, Lennon didn't fancy him so he was available. It happens. As it turns out it seems as though Adkins is a better judge of a player than Lennon (surprised? No, me neither). It'd suggest he did his homework...... or 'got lucky' if you want to take that route......

Much like Gaston, I'm sure we have other irons in the fire for that position if it doesn't happen, so maybe we'll get lucky again

Fontaine failed a medical and Ward was when we were in L1 and signed Seaborne instead so nothing to do with the Hooliveld deal. Gorkss and Jemmell didn't happen for one reason or another who were the other two we know about that we were after.

Believe what you want but if we wanted him that badly and rated him that highly why didn't we sign him in August on a permenant deal? As you say, lennon didn't want him so clearly he was up for sale.

Fontaine failed a medical and Ward was when we were in L1 and signed Seaborne instead so nothing to do with the Hooliveld deal. Gorkss and Jemmell didn't happen for one reason or another who were the other two we know about that we were after.

Believe what you want but if we wanted him that badly and rated him that highly why didn't we sign him in August on a permenant deal? As you say, lennon didn't want him so clearly he was up for sale.

Lennon didn't want him, and neither did FC Copenhagen who had been out on loan with (they turned down their option on him). He was very much out of favour at the 2 clubs he'd been associated with, and I'm not even sure he would have been on our list of targets at the start of the summer. I think a list of new targets was probably drawn up late in the window after all our other targets had been extinguished.

To say that Hooiveld was anything but a last minute roll of the dice is churlish.