Come back Kelv all is forgiven

Saintru

I will be the first to say that was not impresssed with Kelvin at the start of the season, but he kept us in many games last season notably Leeds away. Gazza has done ok but just think there is a mistake in him. MoD highlighted this, does not fill me with any confidence. Seeing Ruddy yesterday shows how important it is to have a top class keeper at this level. OK so Kelvin is no Ruddy or Foster, but I think he deserves another go. When it goes pear shaped (if he comes back into the team) I'm getting a taxi! Butland...what a crucial signing that could have been yet another good potential signing slipped away.

I will be the first to say that was not impresssed with Kelvin at the start of the season, but he kept us in many games last season notably Leeds away. Gazza has done ok but just think there is a mistake in him. MoD highlighted this, does not fill me with any confidence. Seeing Ruddy yesterday shows how important it is to have a top class keeper at this level. OK so Kelvin is no Ruddy or Foster, but I think he deserves another go. When it goes pear shaped (if he comes back into the team) I'm getting a taxi! Butland...what a crucial signing that could have been yet another good potential signing slipped away.

I think kelvin should be back in now.

That's the trouble with watching MOTD highlights, you don't get to see Gazzaniga snuffing out attacks by quick decision making and coming out to take the ball*, you don't see him organizing his defence, you won't see the way he eats up 40+ seconds taking a goal kick and killing any momentum QPR or Villa have managed to muster, you won't see him remonstrating with the midfield for allowing a shot on goal from 25 yards, you won't see how much it means to him when the goals go in (he was hitting his own head after Puncheon's and then took it out on the crossbar), I don't think you can see the self-confidence he exudes that is beginning to creep into the back 4. I think this bloke is going to be superb, maybe Boruc is not match fit but he was the antithesis of all that Gazzaniga has shown in the Spurs game.

*Not so much for the QPR goal, but it was a difficult cross to collect and Hoilett was unmarked. On the plus side he has learnt from last week and when in doubt he booted passbacks upfield.

Should have posted this earlier in the season.

Maybe Boruc would have had a decent run in the side if it wasn't for those old women complaining to the club about him.

I agree but I feel gazza is getting better with every game, yesterday was a shambles but people need to remeber he is young with talent so I would still stick with him

I agree but I feel gazza is getting better with every game, yesterday was a shambles but people need to remeber he is young with talent so I would still stick with him

getting better with every game..but was a shambles yesterday

I could not give a shyte if he is young....being young does not makes saves

A shambles? What are you on about now?

I wouldn't say a shambles, but he is not convincing, and we have been fortunate so far that no team has really tested him. I think he made 2 saves yesterday (the block and the tip round the corner, and many thought that was a spill). His kicking is very good and I would rather have him that KD I'm afraid, but he does not exude confidence. I know he is a knob but Birtles was having kittens during Sky First Match (or whatever its called, the full 90+ minutes, not MOTD highlights) whenever that ball went near Gazza. He should also have a word with his hairdresser, I would demand my money back after that shambolic head shave job he sported yesterday :-)

Kelvin is terrible you folk need to let this idea go he is never going to be 1st choice ever again.

he failed in the prem with sunderland and he failed with us no knock on the bloke but he is just not prem standard.

He played four ****ing games for us this season....3 of those games were cieth, arsenal and Man U and that's him failing. Despite yesterday we are in a relegation dog fight we need leaders in the team Kelvin gives us that I don't think Gazza does.

Other then the goal, what was he doing which was so shambolic?

coming and getting no where near the ball...happened in the 1st half...coming and stopping so the ball bounces in the box...happened in the 1st half...a few butter finger moments..

if we saw that from any other team we would laugh at the keeper and rubbish him completely if he was linked with us

I love Kelvin to bits and he has been a great servant for this club but he is totally out of his depth in the Premier League. Both Gazza and Boruc are ahead of Kelvin now.

Why is it that when players aren't picked because they are not good enough some people forget why they are not in the team. Kelvin is not good enough and if he doesnt play for another ten years he will still not be good enough!!!! :-))))

That's the trouble with watching MOTD highlights, you don't get to see Gazzaniga snuffing out attacks by quick decision making and coming out to take the ball*, you don't see him organizing his defence, you won't see the way he eats up 40+ seconds taking a goal kick and killing any momentum QPR or Villa have managed to muster, you won't see him remonstrating with the midfield for allowing a shot on goal from 25 yards, you won't see how much it means to him when the goals go in (he was hitting his own head after Puncheon's and then took it out on the crossbar), I don't think you can see the self-confidence he exudes that is beginning to creep into the back 4. I think this bloke is going to be superb, maybe Boruc is not match fit but he was the antithesis of all that Gazzaniga has shown in the Spurs game.

*Not so much for the QPR goal, but it was a difficult cross to collect and Hoilett was unmarked. On the plus side he has learnt from last week and when in doubt he booted passbacks upfield.

Good post. Someone else mentioned that at the game he looked solid and it was only when tv analysed his performance that the doubts crept in. Yes he made the wrong choice coming out for qpr's goal but as Nigel says, it's a young tea that's learning.

Kelvin isn't good enough for the PL, he showed it in the first few matches this season and in his earlier spell in the PL with Sunderland.

Gazza has showed a lot of promise but a 20-year old goallie will make mistakes and I'm not sure we can afford those.

Boruc looked poor in the matches he has played so far and will have the crowd on his back within no time if he makes the smallest mistake. I do believe that he is the best goallie at the moment if he is match-fit and he's up for it mentally.

If Boruc is ready physically and mentally is something Adkins will have to assess and if he is not Gazza is my choice.

There was a live stream of the QPR game and the full 90 mins were shown as the Game of the Day in the evening on Sky so I didn't need MOTD or Gary Birtles comments to asses Gazza's performance yesterday.

I thought Gazza was suspect throughout the game and if it wasn't for a continued improved performance from the back four and the poor QPR attack I felt we might not have got the three points we deserved.

As someone mentioned earlier Kelv faced three top teams behind a mistake riddled defence and paid the price. Our then inexperianced back four has improved greatly in recent weeks and even though I struggled to see the qualities of Yoshi at first (I realised it takes time to adapt to English football in general let alone the Premiership) we are now seeing the player we had hoped we had signed. Add that to the impressive performances from Luke Shaw and the getting back to basics of just clearing your lines I would personally like to see Kelv back if only to take Gazza out of the spotlight for a bit.

I guess one thing we can agree on though is that there probably is no one better qualified at the club that Nigel to asses all three goalkeepers performances and we have seen he's not frightened to make changes all over the park.

Are you kidding, any attribute that a good goalkeeper should have, he hasn't got. Just because he is young it doesn't mean he has potential. I would love to see where this evidence of potential is. Is it being released by Valencia or is it from the few games he played for gillingham, or is it the games he has played for us and the mistakes he has made. Or is it just that when we signed him in the report it stated potential. I think its the latter guess work as working on factual performances he shows no positional sense, handling poor, command of area poor, angles poor, talking poor... Basically poor

Good post but watched every game he has played and I have not seen any of that, panic and hesitancy yes but quick decisions and organisation....ummmmm no

Are you kidding, any attribute that a good goalkeeper should have, he hasn't got. Just because he is young it doesn't mean he has potential. I would love to see where this evidence of potential is. Is it being released by Valencia or is it from the few games he played for gillingham, or is it the games he has played for us and the mistakes he has made. Or is it just that when we signed him in the report it stated potential. I think its the latter guess work as working on factual performances he shows no positional sense, handling poor, command of area poor, angles poor, talking poor... Basically poor

Sounds like the club could do with you as a GK scout because obviously ours and our coaches are woeful.

Think Gazza's worth placing ahead of Kelvin based upon his distribution alone. I can't stress how much Kelvin frustrates me with his inability to mount counter-attacks with any real pace. He can't kick out of his hands (something Gazza did repeatedly yesterday to great effect, always straight to Rickie) and insists on waiting for a clear penalty area in order to drop the ball to his feet.

His goal kicks also lack a great deal of power, meaning the forward line have to drop back an extra ten yards every time because Kelvin can't reach them. A little thing, but surprisingly important.

Kelv "has" been a great servant to the club but I hope he never plays for the first team again. Gazza might make some errors but he is far better already. He will get better.

It's clear that the prem can be quite a shock to the system for a young keeper. Look at De Gea, he was awful when he first came in, Ferguson took him out of the firing line briefly but kept faith with him and he continues to get better. The only question is whether we can afford to show the same patience at the other end of the table.

Jeez he was awful and has gifted our last 2 goals. He failed at just about everything - and every commentator, pundit saw it and reported it.

He's to young and to inexperienced - he looked nervous all through the game - get Kelvin back in....

Gazzaniga was poor but in the interest of fairness, the header from Cisse that he supposedly "spilled" he actually did on purpose. Watch the sky match choice version where you see the full clip of that, he palms the ball down and lets the ball sit in front of him as there is no danger. Actually shows how calm and relaxed he is.

Kelvin is terrible you folk need to let this idea go he is never going to be 1st choice ever again.

he failed in the prem with sunderland and he failed with us no knock on the bloke but he is just not prem standard.

KELVIN IS NOT A PREMIERSHIP KEEPER.....Nigel knows this,thats why he isn't in goal!

That's the trouble with watching MOTD highlights' date=' you don't get to see Gazzaniga snuffing out attacks by quick decision making and coming out to take the ball*, you don't see him organizing his defence, you won't see the way he eats up 40+ seconds taking a goal kick and killing any momentum QPR or Villa have managed to muster, you won't see him remonstrating with the midfield for allowing a shot on goal from 25 yards, you won't see how much it means to him when the goals go in ([b']he was hitting his own head after Puncheon's and then took it out on the crossbar[/b]), I don't think you can see the self-confidence he exudes that is beginning to creep into the back 4. I think this bloke is going to be superb, maybe Boruc is not match fit but he was the antithesis of all that Gazzaniga has shown in the Spurs game.

I didn't see him hit Punch, was Punch at fault for the goal??