Pointless Early 2013/14 Kit Speculation Thread

The9

Yep gold badge gold Adidas logo and gold App3 logo. Red Shorts gold logos 3 white stripes.

It should of been gold badge, gold Adidas and gold lotus f1 sponsor but someone ****ed up.

The club had no choice but to go with a gold aap logo after Adidas made 20,000 shirts up without a sponsor.

Could not make that up could you?

It should of been gold badge, gold Adidas and gold lotus f1 sponsor but someone ****ed up.

The club had no choice but to go with a gold aap logo after Adidas made 20,000 shirts up without a sponsor.

If that's true then that's a major, major fail. Heads will roll.

I could be missing something but if Adidas made 20,000 kits without a logo why did that then compel them to add a gold AAP3 logo? Couldn't they have retrofitted a sponsor logo in any colour at that stage? I could understand the 'no turning back' predicament if the 20,000 shirts came pre-printed with the aap3 logo

But I like the idea of a gold AAP logo even if it was put on there almost by accident.

We wont be complaining if we have a successful season in this shirt rather than a crap season in a shirt we all prefer.

Oh, this'll annoy some Saints fans.Even THAT looks better as a Saints kit than the leak... :

AC-Milan-West-Brom-Kit-2013-14.jpg

Interesting placement of the adidas logo compared to the plain shirts.

Edited by The9

But I like the idea of a gold AAP logo even if it was put on there almost by accident.

We wont be complaining if we have a successful season in this shirt rather than a crap season in a shirt we all prefer.

Understand what you are saying, but I don't believe the two things will be intrinsically linked.

Oh, this'll annoy some Saints fans.Even THAT looks better as a Saints kit that the leak... :

AC-Milan-West-Brom-Kit-2013-14.jpg

Interesting placement of the adidas logo compared to the plain shirts.

The sponsor sticker ruins it but the design of the shirt is nice, we'll done WBA.

Point is once the season will start, all we'll care about is the football.

Once I've got over having to support a team that doesn't look like Saints again, yeah. That doesn't stop it being a problem.

Point is once the season will start, all we'll care about is the football.

During the 90 minutes, yes.

Another striped Adidas shirt has just posted on the Save Our Stripes facebook page. Would offer something a little different, quite a nice design.

During the 90 minutes, yes.

Another striped Adidas shirt has just posted on the Save Our Stripes facebook page. Would offer something a little different, quite a nice design.

Oh yeah. Don't like that either, but at least it's stripes.

1000390_10151483223663663_1448402485_n.jpg

http://www.buysocceruniforms.com/Soccer-Unifoms-Adidas-Tiro-13.html?_=1357342900915

You can buy the whole kit here for less than £40, and it wont be ruined with tacky sponsors and rubbish gold badges.

I'll be wearing a variety of retro Saints striped shirts to matches this season. I would fork out the £12.50 for a Tiro but as I'm never going to wear it and it has no collection value I probably just won't.

There's definitely a market there for buying a load and selling them at half the price of the actual kit though if you get in early enough.

Cheers, can't link things on my work computer.

I'm actually struggling to work out which template it is - if there are curved sleeve pieces to make it the Sounders template they're blending into the colour of the material well...

http://www.buysocceruniforms.com/Soccer-Unifoms-Adidas-Tiro-13.html?_=1357342900915

You can buy the whole kit here for less than £40, and it wont be ruined with tacky sponsors and rubbish gold badges.

And one of these to stitch on.... http://www.dragonfly2u.com/embroidered-patches/southampton-football-club-embroidered-patch-02/95607b6a-de6f-4788-bde5-ebefe960f45f.aspx

SOUTHHAMTON%20FC%20-%201.jpg

Tiro-13-Uniform.jpg

Sorted :)

You thinking of starting an import business for this? If not, I'll get in there before you... ;)

I honestly think people who want to spent £47 on that heap of sh1t get what they deserve !

FWIW there are plenty of Chinese companies who'd make you one with the gold badge on it anyway for about £8 a shirt. It's just the white armpit arrow bit which is "wrong" on those.

Suspect the socks may be hooped, but this is just guesswork on my part...

There's a seam across the chest, which I don't see on the leaked image.

This is true, some of the pro Tiro styles have them and some don't. Boro home and Stoke away have seams, the red thing doesn't.

Would rather have a simple but smart plain red Nike design rather than red with some white blocks on it like that Tyro template. Its terrible.

I'd rather have a striped unbranded cotton 1950s v-neck with wool socks and hob nail boots than anything modern in a plain colour. ;)

I honestly think people who want to spent £47 on that heap of sh1t get what they deserve !

I think we all get, by now, that you don't like it, but I do think a bit of respect for those who do, or who will buy it to show their support for the team, is due.

Not everyone thinks the same as you mate.

I think we all get, by now, that you don't like it, but I do think a bit of respect for those who do, or who will buy it to show their support for the team, is due.

Not everyone thinks the same as you mate.

What's it got to do with support for the team ? They couldn't care less what shirt you wear.

My point is that if people want to pay full price for an horrendous unSaintsy kit, then my opinion is that's what they'll get. People who are buying it will obviously have a different opinion which is fine, I don't have to respect them for buying it though, just like I don't expect anyone to respect me for buying every other shirt under the sun for the past 20-ish years.

I'm referring to the individual, not the team. The fact that if a fan wants to buy a shirt to show their support for the team, then I respect that and don't see why they are 'getting what they deserve'. It's a shirt. I'm not a big fan of it either, but I think you're taking it a bit far to suggest some kind of 'karma' just because someone wants to buy a shirt. 'tis all.

I'm referring to the individual, not the team. The fact that if a fan wants to buy a shirt to show their support for the team, then I respect that and don't see why they are 'getting what they deserve'. It's a shirt. I'm not a big fan of it either, but I think you're taking it a bit far to suggest some kind of 'karma' just because someone wants to buy a shirt. 'tis all.

The less people who buy it, the more likely we're to getting our stripes back next season.

Let's be fair, It's f*cking w4nk.

is it not fair to say that whether the kit design is 'liked' is completely subjective? so you, the individual does not like the proposed kit. That is an opinion you are completely entitled to and you can base you decision to spend your money on it (or not) with that in mind. If, however, another individual decides that they like it, or with to buy it for any reason it is surely unfair and childishly ignorant to suggest anything negative towards that person or their choice(s). Its the same notion as the 'grown men shouldn't wear replica shirts' brigade. I don't understand this need to have everybody share your views. Some people will like the shirt, some will not. Some will purchase it, some will not. that is an inevitability for any product, let alone clothing. relax a little bit, if you don't like it, don't buy it. If others do, that's up to them.

I'd rather have a striped unbranded cotton 1950s v-neck with wool socks and hob nail boots than anything modern in a plain colour. ;)

Now I'm not generally a replica shirt wearer myself but...if you could point me in the direction of one of those I'd be more than happy. Just wished I'd bought one that day I was in Toomers back in 197..............................

Now I'm not generally a replica shirt wearer myself but...if you could point me in the direction of one of those I'd be more than happy. Just wished I'd bought one that day I was in Toomers back in 197..............................

http://www.toffs.com/Southampton/products/775/

I didn't suggest "karma", I suggested if you pay £47 for that shirt, you'll get that shirt, for £47.

is it not fair to say that whether the kit design is 'liked' is completely subjective? so you, the individual does not like the proposed kit. That is an opinion you are completely entitled to and you can base you decision to spend your money on it (or not) with that in mind. If, however, another individual decides that they like it, or with to buy it for any reason it is surely unfair and childishly ignorant to suggest anything negative towards that person or their choice(s). Its the same notion as the 'grown men shouldn't wear replica shirts' brigade. I don't understand this need to have everybody share your views. Some people will like the shirt, some will not. Some will purchase it, some will not. that is an inevitability for any product, let alone clothing. relax a little bit, if you don't like it, don't buy it. If others do, that's up to them.

Why is why I didn't.

RE: replica retros - I REALLY hate remakes of anything which actually had a visible branding on the original - especially when they use the wrong materials, fake logos etc. The cotton Score Draw Patrick Xerox replica is a particular annoyance, the more recent polyester one is better but still a million miles from the actual Patrick "Keegan-era" shirt (which I don't own, yet).

If you're doing retro, I say buy an original.

Of course for anything before 1976 basically there's no outward branding so any kind of plain striped shirt with the right kind of collar is fair game - but I bet you can get one cheaper than Toffs or Score Draw can do anyway. Going back to the sash era (and a lot more recently with red/white centre lines) even the players didn't have their sashes going the same way!

It's what they call 'stating the obvious' in some parts of this great country of ours :)

Some people still don't seem to get what I'm saying though. Which is entirely, of course, based on my opinion of it. Their opinion will be different to mine.

Says something that last year I was thinking "might get one for the collection even though I hate it" but this year I'm more "just going to have to sell the rest of the collection as it's now going to be incomplete". Saves me trawling eBay for a cheap white shirt from last season too. ;)

I didn't suggest "karma", I suggested if you pay £47 for that shirt, you'll get that shirt, for £47.

OK, no point going much further with this, but I would say that most people, when reading this:

would interpret that as having a bit of a go at those who are buying the shirt, because of your own opinion of it. If you think that is 'respecting their choice' then so be it.