Luke Shaw Injury Thread

Kingsland Red

Is it just me or has no one mentioned Boruc's throw was a hospital pass/throw that put Shaw in a lose lose situation? If he stayed where he was Weimann could of gone around him so he had to go into a needless 50/50 and through poor luck got a belt.

It was and on the evidence of the times I have seen him (all at St Mary's admitted) his distribution has always been very good, especially his throwing.

saw him in Cherwell Valley services on the trip home with his mum and dad, said his knee would be alright, typical 17 year old lad, shying away from attention seemed a nice lad, was good to see him strolling around and saying his knee was fine

When I was 17, I'd probably have been wary of strange men pestering me at a petrol station.

Is it just me or has no one mentioned Boruc's throw was a hospital pass/throw that put Shaw in a lose lose situation? If he stayed where he was Weimann could of gone around him so he had to go into a needless 50/50 and through poor luck got a belt.

Oh ffs! Take the positives boruc was a massive improvement yesterday. Was first time I felt like we had a goalie.

From what I saw he fumbled and parried quite a lot. Luckily Villa couldnt finish for toffee. He is good at coming for crosses though.

Most keepers seem to fumble and parry a lot more than they ever did before; Shilts,Banks etc caught nearly everything.

So either the shots are being hit harder and harder with more and more effects, a distinct possibility, you only have to look at Tennis for that, or the the ball is moving more and more in the air and is harder to catch cleanly. Plenty of keepers seem to be very wary of the ball now and prefer to punch it or slap it away rather than take a chance on trying to catch it and drop it at the feet of an attacker. It's not just our keepers though.

saw him in Cherwell Valley services on the trip home with his mum and dad, said his knee would be alright, typical 17 year old lad, shying away from attention seemed a nice lad, was good to see him strolling around and saying his knee was fine

As opposed to what ? Bouncing up and down on a pogo stick shouting 'Im a premier league player you gaylords' at the top of his voice ?