Unprofessional BBC Match Report

Crab Lungs

The point is , if Ashley young had done it would he have used the same description?

And secondly has JRod rolled around on the floor or jumped in the refs face asking for a pen, No

Imo he played the ball to GR, then tried to move out of the way

From the refs angle the challenge on JP looks 70/30 a pen

Honestly who cares wether they thought it was a dive or not? It's only pointless colum inches your taking it personally because your a saints fan. Unless its a libellous statement about sfc we have more important things to focus on ie staying in this league

Unprofessional reports on this thread always seems to mean reports which do not put SFC in a good light

So is this unprofessional too

Garth Crooks's team of the week

LEFT-BACK - LUKE SHAW (Southampton)

There is no doubt that this lad can play. He looked composed in defence and dangerous in attack in the victory over Aston Villa. What a pity Southampton could not retain their credibility by just admitting that the referee got their awarded penalty wrong. But that would mean that Jay Rodriguez had dived and far be it for a football club to ever admit that!

jo tongue ‏@tonguetweets

"Saints Asst' Andy Crosby said Halsey came in at HT and said he gave pen for Guzan challenge on Puncheon &was playing advantage(in the box?)"

what like Rugby you mean, play advantage to see if it leads anywhere and then come back to the penalty if it doesn't. Good idea.

He was probably hoping we'd score and he wouldn't have to award a penalty and get sh*t from everywhere. Guzan brought down, Puncheon, clear as day.

jo tongue ‏@tonguetweets

"Saints Asst' Andy Crosby said Halsey came in at HT and said he gave pen for Guzan challenge on Puncheon &was playing advantage(in the box?)"

Has this reached the press? It would help take pressure off J-Rod and all this talk of diving if this has been featured.

The pen was for the first offence by the keeper who clattered Rickie, ref played on, jay Rod went down, Gaston put over the bar, ref realised no advantage gained and gave the pen for the first offence. End of.

It was Puncheon not Rickie but you are right Halsey has come out to say that the keeper took the player out before the ball and rewarded the pen for that. It just seems the beeb want a story though so are making it all about J Rod diving. I hate this as if this was any of the top half teams like Bale for Spurs, Suarez for Liverpool or Young for Utd they would just say if he didn't move his leg then there would have been contact. I hate how Saints get scrutinized by pundits who really don't seem to know what they are talking about.

It was Puncheon not Rickie but you are right Halsey has come out to say that the keeper took the player out before the ball and rewarded the pen for that. It just seems the beeb want a story though so are making it all about J Rod diving. I hate this as if this was any of the top half teams like Bale for Spurs, Suarez for Liverpool or Young for Utd they would just say if he didn't move his leg then there would have been contact. I hate how Saints get scrutinized by pundits who really don't seem to know what they are talking about.

You can add Mata v Stoke to that list.

I hate the BBC - they are whinging, leftie, communist leaning pessimists determined to bring the country down.

Which would make them Villa fans, I suppose...

I would change "country" to "tories" which i suppose results in the same thing.

In short, I agree... completley

BBC annoying again this morning on Breakfast, by saying Chelsea 'threw away' a 2 goal lead as if it was an accident that Saints scored two brilliant goals, while Ba's first goal only went in because of a deflection off Yashida. No mention of that at all. Then the reporter said that Saints offered nothing in the first half which is entirely inaccurate.

BBC annoying again this morning on Breakfast, by saying Chelsea 'threw away' a 2 goal lead as if it was an accident that Saints scored two brilliant goals, while Ba's first goal only went in because of a deflection off Yashida. No mention of that at all. Then the reporter said that Saints offered nothing in the first half which is entirely inaccurate.

They did throw it away

Like we did at stoke

It happens

Ha I was thinking this when I was watching it on a stream last night. Despite us having a lot of the ball in the first half, we didn't really cause them too many problems and they were incredibly clinical.

When Ba's goal went in I couldn't help but thinking 'that'll be a fantastic acrobatic volley' if it was a Chelsea player, but if it was Rodriguez who had done that, it would have been a 'deflected effort'. It's what happens when you play against the top teams, if you manage to score its lucky, and if they do it's because they are so much better.

And I see throwing away a result when it's your fault, i.e. a dodgy backpass or **** poor defending or something. Our first goal was down to some superb work from Clyne and a pinpoint delivery, and the second was a world class run from Shaw and a top finish.

Completely agree. Absolutely no clue.

Don't be so precious!

I also noticed that BBC sport highlighted a Gary Lineker Tweet which said he was convinced we'd stay up. To which the BBC reporter replied that it was a "big, big call" to make. I don't see how it is, seeing as we are unbeated in 5 games and currently 3 points clear of the bottom 3 having just taking points off Chelsea and Arsenal.

I also noticed that BBC sport highlighted a Gary Lineker Tweet which said he was convinced we'd stay up. To which the BBC reporter replied that it was a "big, big call" to make. I don't see how it is, seeing as we are unbeated in 5 games and currently 3 points clear of the bottom 3 having just taking points off Chelsea and Arsenal.

...and only 16 games left to play. :rolleyes:

jo tongue ‏@tonguetweets

.....which is exactly what I thought in the first place, having watched the video a dozen times ... but everyone was screaming " dive " at Jay Rod, who did well to come out of that incident without a broken leg .....and seemingly lost his balance in the process. He didn't claim a penalty ....and his facial expression and body language didn't say it was a dive.