Vegard Forren - Signs

Nigel=God-Poyet=Sod

Highly rated central defender and at a good age, 24.

Having a trial at Liverpool this week, beginning tomorrow, but Norwegian journalists claim we are the favourites to land him.

BBC article claims that us and Reading are interested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21016927

Maybe not worth a new thread but there doesn't seem a lot going on at the moment.

Would it be better if I mentioned Football Manager?

BTW I hope we don't sign this laird because the last Scandinavian CB we signed was Jakobsson and we went down.

Agree with this. If we can't learn lesssons from the past, we have no chance.

correct, they are totally meaningless. As is every post on this forum. It has no impact whatsoever on what SFC does, depsite what some on here think. Neither does a footballer postion on a computer game have any meaning as to where he plays in the real world.

At least we now have confirmation that the persona you reflect on here is a complete fallacy.

So, away from Turkish's madness. Vegard Forren.

24 years old (assuming that all electronic sources of information can be in any way trusted....) not as young as many of the players we have been chasing. Younger then Astori though and capped a few more times, albeit for a 'weaker' international nation.

And another player (after Ramirez, Astori....) who Liverpool are also trailing. Do we use the same agents to source our players?

Edited by Colinjb

I think Turkish makes a good point. We were only talking about this the other day. There seems to be a new breed of Football "fan" . Cant think of a name for them yet but football computer games seem more important than actual matches. Of course they watch all the big games on Sky. They all support Man Utd, Chelsea etc but have never seen them actually play live. A lot of them support both Man Utd and Saints etc. and talk about Football Manager as if it were real.

The only two people where I work who actually go to games are myself and a Skate fan and frankly I have more in common with him than the other plastic ****s.

Jesus.

We have a bid accepted for a player and the muppets are discussing Computer Games on the same thread.

How about "Bloody Hell we appear to have had a bid accepted for a player" type posts

As in will this stop the mountains moaning? What does this mean for Astori?

etc etc etc

anyway, away from football manager and back in the real world i've never heard of this guy. Although on paper he looks decent, 24 which is good age for a Centre half, supposedly a top player in Norway and got a few international caps. Looks decent. Has anyone actually seen him play? We've got a few scandanavian based fans on here i believe.

anyway, away from football manager and back in the real world i've never heard of this guy. Although on paper he looks decent, 24 which is good age for a Centre half, supposedly a top player in Norway and got a few international caps. Looks decent. Has anyone actually seen him play? We've got a few scandanavian based fans on here i believe.

DiS will be along with a thesis shortly no doubt

I think Turkish makes a good point. We were only talking about this the other day. There seems to be a new breed of Football "fan" . Cant think of a name for them yet but football computer games seem more important than actual matches. Of course they watch all the big games on Sky. They all support Man Utd, Chelsea etc but have never seen them actually play live. A lot of them support both Man Utd and Saints etc. and talk about Football Manager as if it were real.

The only two people where I work who actually go to games are myself and a Skate fan and frankly I have more in common with him than the other plastic ****s.

Hang on, you ight be on to something

Newspapers, Twitter, and Wikipedia all indicate Davide Astori is a defender. I've not seen him play as a defender. His goal record is very poor which could be indicative of a defender, but i've not seen all the games so I can't be sure.

Better just ignore him all together until i've seen him play week in, week out. That's if he's even a footballer, or exists at all.

I've seen him play on Football Manager only.

Good player IMO.

What with David and his weird font stuff and you and your golf stories, you're a right pair. Actually would be pretty amusing to be in a pub with both of you! ;)

Oh don't worry, I'm sure I'll have more stories after the HSBC in Scabi Dhabi this weekend ;)

Still at least I won't get stalked by that maniac Polish American Danish Blonde Tennis Player this week (unless she gets beat down in Aus I suppose)

Don't really know a lot about him to be honest, so I won't pretend I do. On the whole I'd say defenders aren't too bad and if you're going to buy a player from the Norwegian league, make it a centre back, a goalie or a solid striker. Most quick or skilful players here come in for a shock when they move to a better league. Huseklepp, for example was a big star here, but has really come back with his tail between his legs.

My wife works for the owner of Molde though and speaks to him pretty regularly. I used to have Jan Åge Fjørtoft's home number, but sadly not any more.