Vegard Forren - Signs

Nigel=God-Poyet=Sod

Haven't seen much of him, so only judging really by other reports, but yes, sounds like he'd be an excellent signing. I also like brining in Scandinavian players, due to the fact that they can usually settle in quickly due to the similarity of climates/cultures and the fact that most of them can speak decent English.

Agree and in particular, scandinavian defenders seem to adapt well to the prem.

Yeah, that Malcom Elias doesn't know what he's talking about!! LOL Actually, is he still around in the land of people that spit when they talk? Is odd how he had a trial. Thought he'd have been vetted by the scouts but I suppose, you intend to splash a few mill, it's your prerogative.

Obviously he knows his stuff, i just find it strange that a Norweigen international should have to go for a trial before they decide if he's up to it. A bit bizarre to me.

You would think so but a lot of the players we signed in the summer have had to bide there time like Davies and jay rod,

Fonte and yoshida was starting to develop a decent partnership before fontes injury but now there is a chance for forren to come straight in and show what he can do if he signs, I still hope we pull off astori though he sounded the real deal forren doesn't fill me with half as much confidence as he would

I do agree, I think Yoshida has been very good of late.

As with any signing I'll reserve judgement on him until I see him play, but I would imagine he would be brought in for direct competition, not backup.

Gotta love Liverpool fans!

So he is off to southampton now good!!! the fact that the club is looking to the likes of norway for players is rather worrying. This great club and supporters only deserve the best and that means only the best talent will do for a club of this size and history

says fans of a side with Danish and Slovakian centre backs.

So he is off to southampton now good!!! the fact that the club is looking to the likes of norway for players is rather worrying. This great club and supporters only deserve the best and that means only the best talent will do for a club of this size and history

Every Liverpool fan I know bangs on about history.

With Forren going to us or QPR, Swansea looking to poach Ince and Suarez attracting admiring gazes from City, it really is rib-a-red day today. As Calvin Harris should have said: "You had a decent team in the eightieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees......"

Every Liverpool fan I know bangs on about history.

Most Portmsouth fans bang on about their history and FA cups and such.

it's usually the line used by fans of clubs who aren't quite what they were. Liverpool being very much a 'comfortably mid table' club in recent years whereas their fans think they should be competing for titles and signing top european players.

Some more info:

Forren is a very good player who's development has been immense the latest years. He's a very good duel player, has good understanding of the game and is not slow as someone seems to think. He can also play as a left back.

His passing range is good, both regarding short passes and long passes.

He is a real goal threat on corners/free kicks, and he has a hell of a shot. Takes plenty of free kicks in dangerous positions for Molde.

He would be a great addition to our squad, and if he adapted to the level he could be a real alternative to our first team. Has given a couple of MoM-performances for the national team after his inclusion there.

Having said all that, the whole thing is most likely a story fed by his agent/club. It's well known that he's leaving, and plenty of clubs all around Europe have shown strong interest. He prefers playing in Premier League though, and has already turned down a couple of offers. Southampton are in the running, and Moyes has watched him a couple of times. The player himself is a Manchester United-supporter, but his manager - the well known Liverpool-supporter Ole Gunnar Solskjaer- could probably whisper some good advice in his ears regarding those kind of (non-) issues.

Personally I don't think he's training with Liverpool. Why should he? It's not like he's an unknown player for our scouting department. He's a full international player from a well known country. It's not like he comes crawling out from a dodgy agent's pockets.

He could easily turn out to be a gem at that price.

Remember when Clyne was at the training ground just as Adam Blackmore interviewed Nigel? Even then Nigel denied seeing him anywhere and played the rumours down. Doubt we'll hear much today.

The team was out in Switzerland when we signed Clyne. He got a plane over to join us there half way through the tour.

I don't know anything about this guy, and I know Liverpool aren't the club they were, but I'd be astonished if we beat Liverpool to the signing of Forren. Two seasons ago in League One - I know it's been said but I still rub my eyes at our progress over the last three years.

Southampton FC ‏@officialsaints

Nigel on transfers: "Through the transfer window there's going to be speculation. Until someone signs, you don't announce things." #saintsfc

Typical Nigel response.

Is the chairman first class? And have people been working hard behind the scenes?

Southampton FC ‏@officialsaints

Nigel on transfers: "Through the transfer window there's going to be speculation. Until someone signs, you don't announce things." #saintsfc

Typical Nigel response.

Also the perfect and professional response. Much more sensible than 'Arry and his blabber mouth to get things your way approach.

It seems to get us the right players as well, don't seem to have many whinge to the press players now kicking about the club which is a nice improvement.

Also the perfect and professional response. Much more sensible than 'Arry and his blabber mouth to get things your way approach.

It seems to get us the right players as well, don't seem to have many whinge to the press players now kicking about the club which is a nice improvement.

Indeed, we prefer to use press conferences, not cars on their way out of training grounds #thesouthamptonway

I don't know anything about this guy, and I know Liverpool aren't the club they were, but I'd be astonished if we beat Liverpool to the signing of Forren. Two seasons ago in League One - I know it's been said but I still rub my eyes at our progress over the last three years.

But we've already beaten them to the signing of Ramirez ("He's not going to southampton" --Lawrenson)

So why not another one?

If he's as good as Lundekvam was in his prime, that'll do me.

Right now he`s about the same as Fonte. And thus a good replacement all the time Jose is injured. IMO Forren has much bigger potential, though. He can become a very good signing, if given time to accomodate to the EPL.

A large part of the attraction with Forren is what he can do with the ball. The club have been desperate for a ball playing defender for a long time. His distribution is very good and a part of what we desperately need. Add the fact he is left footed to it and the attraction grows.

If I am going to be balanced in this I would also add he isn't the quickest so lets hope he is good at reading the game and concentrating.

Looks a class player from watching the film.....Left CB or LB..(Turn of speed to stay with the swiftest winger or attacker)

Very good ball skill, distribution and a range of passing to play defensive midfield if ever required.

CB is where he looks very comfortable....on the deck or in the air....

Reads the game very well. Can tackle..

To be honest...Looks a very good footballer......A steal at 3.5 mil at 24 years of age:)

Hope he has signed....:)

COYS