Vegard Forren - Signs

Nigel=God-Poyet=Sod

Just mentioned it on Five Live. Apologies if this is old news.... "close to signing" and Liverpool trial thing mentioned.

I suppose it depends what you call " old news " ....your post is number 347 on this thread, but your ahead of me as I've been out clearing 12 inches of snow away from my garage door this evening.

this guy was recommended by that Lars bloke as man in the know for Forren - @RBFlemma. From what he's tweeted and Norweigian articles posted seems like Lundekvam was playing Cortese's role in this one.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough, should hopefully be a Saint by then!

I don't know if one of you spotted this, and I can't be arsed to trawl back through 8 pages, but a Liverpool fan in Norway on one of their (many!) forums wrote:

Hi fellow reds,

I'm a long time lurker on these forums, but this possible signing got me so excited that I had to write a few lines.

Coming from Molde and having seen almost all of Forren's matches, I agree with Fowi above, he's a solid player and I honestly think he can be a good addition for us. As someone already said, he's got quite a good left foot, and he likes to carry the ball from the back and into midfield. He's composed on the ball, and has great determination in every duel. He reminds me of Agger on the ball, and if he can keep developing as he has the last few years (a late bloomer with few/no U-21 matches who has just recently earned his place in the national team), he might slot in when Agger's inevitable injuries come along.

He isn't quick, but I haven't seen him exposed too much by pace. And even though he plays in an inferior league, and a lot of people, including norwegians go 'meh', he has been very good in the Europa League matches, and also getting MOM for Norway, and this has caught other clubs' attention.

Also, if the price quoted is right, I think it will be easy to offload him and recopup most of the money if he doesn't deliver, but I think he'll be a great CB backup. Oh and btw, he has never played at left back.

Well got answer from this guy - thank god I understand Norwegian : ) only small details left and it will be done tonight or early tomorrow morning : )

Sorry if you've already been asked this, but do you know much about this fella?

I know the grand total of zilch about him, but he sounds a pretty solid signing to say the least - given the clubs that were after him.

So which mong is responsible for 'TalkSAINTS' and 'SaintsRumours' on Twitter?

Those accounts do my bloody head in. All over the saintsfc hashtag talking twaddle. Constantly.

Situation does sounds very promising though. Hopefully the club will have it wrapped up early doors (or Sibley will spring another 11pm special upon us).

I've been reading up on this guy and as far as I can see he's nothing more than a Norway version of that centre back we signed from Millwall in the early nineties. Isn't it good...

Wow, thats a pretty dramatic statement, and he hasn't even got a shirt number yet, but you do know that anything you say in this site will be remembered and may be used against you ....?

Well one is an egotistical dictator with a superiority complex and known for treating his paying customers with distain, the other is chairman of Southampton FC.

:lol:

Also' date=' one is a c-u-n-t and the other is a chairman of a premiership football club[/quote']

Wow, thanks for that. Consider yourself banned from the ground.

Don't recognise the name, but he's Norwegian you see,

(Swedes don't take them seriously- unless one of their long-distance skiers trounces a Swede in the Winter Games).....we should ask Norway Saint for an update (a regular poster on the Overseas site.)

I woudn't waste your time with Norway saint, a proper WUM and not exactly clued up when it comes to football.