Vegard Forren - Signs

Nigel=God-Poyet=Sod

According to a Norwegian journalist on twitter he's having a medical today with us.

I'm very happy we're signing a Norwegian and I remember seeing him play against Lillestrom a couple of years ago - he's a very calm defender but the Norwegian league is a long way from premier league so hope he's up for it.

Norwegian Liverpool fan on their forum. Apparantly he has played there a few times and is comfortable. Good on the ball, similar (but obviously not currently at the level of) Agger or Vertonghen.

I wonder if this will see Fox leave to Forrest -

My Forest supporting mate has said their Forums are suggesting they had a bid turned down for Danny Fox. If true, it remains unclear whether we're holding out for more money or do see him as a mid-term back up for Shaw. Personally I'd try and buy Olsson from Blackburn and sell Fox, if the chance arose.

We get a new centre back option who can also cover for Shaw, thus making Fox not needed and the bid was turned down because we haven't signed Forren yet.

Let me save you all some time: frantic day of F5ing and Twitter stalking all round. No news until towards COP when it breaks either that personal terms are a stumbling block or he wants to talk to QPR too. He joins QPR this week, and is public enemy #2 (no-one beats 'Arry) when they come down here. By tonight the usual twitter suspects will be bothering their favourite journos or ITK Agent spoofs to see if there's any point continuing to clutch at the straw that is the Astori link.

You're all welcome!;)

N.B. if we do sign him, I reserve the right to look realistic and pleasantly surprised, rather than in any way stupid!

Edited by Quickfire Double

QPR will be poking their nose in and throwing money at any half-decent player looking to move this transfer window, exactly what you'd expect from their set-up to be fair.

Yeah pretty much, requires no effort - just stick their beak in at the last minute and offer wads of cash.

QPR will be poking their nose in and throwing money at any half-decent player looking to move this transfer window, exactly what you'd expect from their set-up to be fair.

Maybe Harry's had a change of heart. He couldn't wait to get rid of the Scandinavians when he was here. The only one I can recall who has lasted any time with him was Hreidarsson at Pompey. Didn't he get rid of Iversen at Spurs as well.

The Echo report is very positive and when did they last get anything Saints-related, wrong? Looks like he'll be signed today or tomorrow. The cancelled trial with Liverpool because of SFC's bid being accepted puts us in the driving seat and even if QPR threw more cash into the ring, why go to a club that looks more likely than us to be relegated. True, the player admits that the Premier League is faster than what he's used to but he points to his Europa League experience. Can see him needing a few games to acclimatise but with Jose out for six weeks he's going to get that! An international CB, just what we needed.

BREAKING: Jordan Sibley is eating his lunch early today and is #busy.

In other news NA press conference pre Chelsea is at about 2.30 today.

Lots of doors to hold open for agents and plenty of tea and coffee to brew. These deals can take a while to thrash out.

The Echo report is very positive and when did they last get anything Saints-related, wrong? Looks like he'll be signed today or tomorrow. The cancelled trial with Liverpool because of SFC's bid being accepted puts us in the driving seat and even if QPR threw more cash into the ring, why go to a club that looks more likely than us to be relegated. True, the player admits that the Premier League is faster than what he's used to but he points to his Europa League experience. Can see him needing a few games to acclimatise but with Jose out for six weeks he's going to get that! An international CB, just what we needed.

Loic Remy ???

Loic Remy ???

80k per week and a cheap release clause when they go down ;) (supposed to be more a week than Newcastle's 70k anyway)

Footballing perspective what a tit, financial perspective it's amazing, earn a stupid amount of money (plus loads of add on bonuses from the transfer and contract) and as soon as they still go down, up sicks and get a not quite so good deal but another payoff...

I'd prefer astori out of the 2 to be honest, I haven't really seen much of either,

But the fact that astori has managed international caps for a good team like Italy suggests he's good pushing players like chiiellini, barzagli and bonucci he's got to have something about him

Forren is a Norweigen international. Not as good as Italy I know, but still an international regardless.

Astori is probably our preferred option, but if he doesn't want to be here then I'd muchrather have Forren. Determination and willingness go a long way for a club like us, especially one in a relegation battle. Plus he's clearly got something about him and is young enough to improve.

At 3.5m this guy is a snip, really. Let's go and get Astori as well...

I'd be surprised to see us sign both Forren and Astori. One or the other IMO.

Why?

We're after better players than we've already got. We have to be. On the face of it, both of those two will be better than what we have, i.e Seaborne, Martin, Fonte, Hooiveld.

@Officialsaints just posted a picture from the stadium....Must be a reason why they're there? Discussing terms with Forren?

I think that's clutching at straws... The media team are based at the stadium.