The SISA bloke on SSN

los_saint

If anything is guaranteed to take the heat off NC on this board, its a SISA rep being wheeled out to represent the fans.

Wouldn't be surprised if The Don was handing out their contact details at the Press Conference.

Boris or Turkish would get my vote on this one. With their inside info and a touch of angst, they'd get the message across.

DannySFC for me.

(Jim White on SSN - "breathe Danny breathe FFS")

Or maybe Ottery, holding up cardboard cutout smiley faces after each reply.

What exactly did he do/say that was so wrong? Who else should the media contact to hear Supporters' views?

I object to anyone that claims to represent fans - on the basis they do not represent me, and I am a fan.

The media have an alternative, and that is vox pops. That is what was done on South Today at lunchtime. Individuals give their own individual opinions.

I've got my own voice thanks.

First sniff of discontent among the supporters and the usual suspects coming crawling out the woodwork sensing an opportunity to put themselves forward as the 'voice of a fans'.

Well they are right , usual suspects who care for the club and were loyal to us for years.

I object to anyone that claims to represent fans - on the basis they do not represent me, and I am a fan.

The media have an alternative, and that is vox pops. That is what was done on South Today at lunchtime. Individuals give their own individual opinions.

I've got my own voice thanks.

They don't claim to represent all fans. They are a representative of Saints support. Put yourself out there then.

You'd rather they stopped and spoke to a random out doing their shopping?

You still haven't said what he's said or done wrong?

They don't claim to represent all fans. They are a representative of Saints support. Put yourself out there then.

they did this on Meridan and got some spotty ginger mug and some other fella that didnt have a clue what he was talking about.

they did this on Meridan and got some spotty ginger mug and some other fella that didnt have a clue what he was talking about.

I swear the first fan reaction they played on Solent said, "What? But Atkins is a legend! Do you mind if I just check my phone to see if this is a wind up? Pochee what? Argentinian? This must be a wind up. "

Yeah. Why not? If they want to be interviewed.

I say he's done wrong by representing a group of Saints fans, because at the end of the day, it is used as 'this is the feeling of Southampton fans' rather than 'this is the feeling of this group of individuals represented by this man.'

I have no interest in representing anyone's views but my own.

What would be the difference if they had approached a random Saints fan?

Yeah. Why not? If they want to be interviewed.

I say he's done wrong by representing a group of Saints fans, because at the end of the day, it is used as 'this is the feeling of Southampton fans' rather than 'this is the feeling of this group of individuals represented by this man.'

I have no interest in representing anyone's views but my own.

Right, so they're a Supporters' association rep, same as you get at all clubs and they've said nothing you disagree with, but you'd rather they interviewed a random walking the street who might only have a passing interest in Saints? Ha ha!

Right, so they're a Supporters' association rep, same as you get at all clubs and they've said nothing you disagree with, but you'd rather they interviewed a random walking the street who might only have a passing interest in Saints? Ha ha!

I would rather have vox pops, yes.

Glad you find it amusing.

What would be the difference if they had approached a random Saints fan?
Because they might only have a passing interest in Saints? It's a pretty fair assumption to make for the media that if they speak to a 'supporters' rep' they should at least be a proper fan, up to date and engaged in the latest issues.

Because they might only have a passing interest in Saints? It's a pretty fair assumption to make for the media that if they speak to a 'supporters' rep' they should at least be a proper fan, up to date and engaged in the latest issues.

Different supporters, individuals, less likely to have an agenda. A spread of opinions. You don't know if they're fully up to date unless you ask. Plus in the edit suite, you'll have ten vox pops, you pick out the top three. Those three will have a decent knowledge or else there's not much point in using them.

Seems much more sensible to me.