FBs vs Spuds IF Shaw is still injured

Minsk

The problem will be increased by our lack of defensive cover out wide midfield. Neither Adam or Puncheon offer much cover to the full back, so any newbie or player out of position could get really exposed. Guly does a half decent job out there but he's injured and JRod works hard, but that's it.

I have only once seen Targett play. Has anyone on here actually seen him play regularily, I don't mean 10 mins on you-tube, either. I've heard rumours about how good he is but could someone who actually has seen him play please outline how good or bad he is, strengths/ weaknesses etc. thanks.

I have only once seen Targett play. Has anyone on here actually seen him play regularily, I don't mean 10 mins on you-tube, either. I've heard rumours about how good he is but could someone who actually has seen him play please outline how good or bad he is, strengths/ weaknesses etc. thanks.

You will have seen him more than a lot on here. I've never seen him play.

Don't shoot the messenger and I really hope the information is wrong, but I was told Shaw wouldn't play again this season.

That was my understanding of the situation but we'll have to wait and see but the lad is in pieces.

That was my understanding of the situation but we'll have to wait and see but the lad is in pieces.

If that is the case then it makes the brainfart tackle from Fox even more silly.

I wonder if results go our way by the time we play Sunderland if we're safe whether Pochettino will mix things up a bit or stick with the tried and tested as we fight for the best finish possible and prize money that come with it.

give targett a debut, nothing to loose

I'm sure he's great but we don't need to take risks and I feel we need to protect our goal difference at all costs (especially at Spurs with Bale) - it's worth another point come the last day.

Look at the difference in Villa and Sunderland in one game!

Is recalling Ben Reeves from Southend an option? No idea on the terms of his loan but a genuine left footer at left back; knows the position albeit no longer his main posiiton; in form from what I understand. Just a thought...

Funnily enough, I had the same thought earlier today. Hasn't his loan at Southend technically come to an end now anyway as their season is already done and dusted?

Worse than fox! Don't ever remember seeing someone so visibly out of their depth.

To be fair, for a period in that game the entire team looked out of their depth. We're a little more switched on to this league now and I don't think he'd be as exposed as he was that day.

not easy for any player to come in and immediately be up to speed be that Richardson or Targett. Not playing every week can have a real detrimental effect to the pace of your game and your touch, although these guys are playing football in training every day I guess.

Don't know. For me the fewer changes the better, and if that just means that Reeves comes in at left back and then Puncheon comes in for Lallana then happy days IMO.

The team I would play is:

Boruc; Clyne Fonte Yoshi Reeves; Cork Morgan; Punch Davis J-Rod; Lambert.

Don't know. For me the fewer changes the better, and if that just means that Reeves comes in at left back and then Puncheon comes in for Lallana then happy days IMO.

The team I would play is:

Boruc; Clyne Fonte Yoshi Reeves; Cork Morgan; Punch Davis J-Rod; Lambert.

I get the fewer changes thing, but at the end of the day, Reeves is a no 10 playmaker who used to play left back. He has been out on loan in L2 (not playing LB) and hasnt always made their starting lineup. He would be coming into a game at a level totally alien to him and facing probably Aaron Lennon.

We have seen how teams have targetted Fox and he has played a decent number of PL games plus over 100 in the Champ. Now think what they would do to Reeves...

not easy for any player to come in and immediately be up to speed be that Richardson or Targett. Not playing every week can have a real detrimental effect to the pace of your game and your touch, although these guys are playing football in training every day I guess.

Targett has been featuring regularly in the U18s/U21s (he played 90 mins vs Spurs U21s on Monday), so he's "match fit" (although obviously not "Premier League match fit")