Time Machine - Who would you see

KelvinsRightGlove

Yeah, slow day at work.

So, you have a time machine for one-night. You can use it to go see any band/musician any time, any place. Who would it be? And if you know of a specific gig/show which one would it be?

For me, Nirvana at Reading Festival '92.

Have watched/listened to it countless times. Never fails to give me goosebumps. Darn my only being 3 at the time!

Any way, over to you folks.

Castle Morton - 1992. The massive free party that went on for a week and persuaded the Tory government of the time to introduce the Criminal Justice Bill.

I didn't go because I a) didn't know about it and b) would have had no way of getting there anyway.

maybe go back to see the Doors at the Whiskey a go go

Castle Morton - 1992. The massive free party that went on for a week and persuaded the Tory government of the time to introduce the Criminal Justice Bill.

I didn't go because I a) didn't know about it and b) would have had no way of getting there anyway.

i went but honestly don't remember to much about it :(

Oh, Lord - yes!! Good choice. Standing on the roof, and yelling at the rather-embarrassed-copper who arrives to shut the whole thing down!

Watching that clip takes me back to an interview I heard with John Lennon in which he claimed the swinging sixties was a myth for most people. He said there was a few hundred hip people , but the rest of the country were still "squares". If you look at the people in the clip he has a point. Bloke with a pipe, bowler hatted types and the police look like something out of the 1950's. The 60's passed a lot of people by, my old fella said to me he was too busy working and raising us to enjoy it. Looking at the clip of the crowd and it does seem that the ordinary man is so much more chilled and not so uniformed nowadays.

Music has changed so much since its "invention" that I would personally like to go forward a couple of hundred years and see what people are listening to.

Probably not listening at all - by then you would probably own a holodeck and could perform with any band you liked, at any venue you liked.

There should be a thread - "If you had a holodeck...."

Watching that clip takes me back to an interview I heard with John Lennon in which he claimed the swinging sixties was a myth for most people. He said there was a few hundred hip people , but the rest of the country were still "squares". If you look at the people in the clip he has a point. Bloke with a pipe, bowler hatted types and the police look like something out of the 1950's. The 60's passed a lot of people by, my old fella said to me he was too busy working and raising us to enjoy it. Looking at the clip of the crowd and it does seem that the ordinary man is so much more chilled and not so uniformed nowadays.

You needed to be the right age. I spent my teenage years in the 60's and I was old enough to remember how boring and repressed and conformist the late 50's were. The 60's were a breath of fresh air for those that weren't already set in their 50's ways. Young people had their own fashions, music and attitudes which I suppose you could say started in the 50's with rock n roll, but really took off in the 60's. Although my parents were everything that parents should be, I didn't want to be like them.

I was there and TBH it was ********; granted it may be different on video, but I was disappointed. Cobain seemed well off his tits and gurgled his way through most of it.

Yeah, slow day at work.

So, you have a time machine for one-night. You can use it to go see any band/musician any time, any place. Who would it be? And if you know of a specific gig/show which one would it be?

For me, Nirvana at Reading Festival '92.

Have watched/listened to it countless times. Never fails to give me goosebumps. Darn my only being 3 at the time!

Any way, over to you folks.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Board Express

You needed to be the right age. I spent my teenage years in the 60's and I was old enough to remember how boring and repressed and conformist the late 50's were. The 60's were a breath of fresh air for those that weren't already set in their 50's ways. Young people had their own fashions, music and attitudes which I suppose you could say started in the 50's with rock n roll, but really took off in the 60's. Although my parents were everything that parents should be, I didn't want to be like them.

Good point, I never really looked at it that way. " set in their 50's ways" is quite a good description of my parents. Although they were young, mum had me at 17 in the early 60's, she was from a very old fashioned family, my father although young had elderly parents for those times, his mum being 40 when she had him.

I guess what I was trying to say is that at 50 odd im a lot "younger" than 50 year olds were in 1960. The outpouring of creativity was amazing , but did anything change for the over 30's , cause they sure look old fashioned in that apple building clip.

I guess what I was trying to say is that at 50 odd im a lot "younger" than 50 year olds were in 1960. The outpouring of creativity was amazing , but did anything change for the over 30's , cause they sure look old fashioned in that apple building clip.

I think that my generation was the first that refused to grow old. Thus you still have the Rolling Stones performing to sellout crowds even though they're pushing 70. Bruce Springsteen's the same age as me and he's still doing world tours.

When we were first married, we got to know our neighbours at our first house quite well. Although they were only 7 or 8 years older than us, their attitudes were so old-fashioned to us. I think that there was an enormous step-change in the mid 60's and, if you were that bit older, you missed it.

I think that my generation was the first that refused to grow old. Thus you still have the Rolling Stones performing to sellout crowds even though they're pushing 70. Bruce Springsteen's the same age as me and he's still doing world tours.

When we were first married, we got to know our neighbours at our first house quite well. Although they were only 7 or 8 years older than us, their attitudes were so old-fashioned to us. I think that there was an enormous step-change in the mid 60's and, if you were that bit older, you missed it.

Maybe you were just cooler ;)