arrogance

Glasgow_Saint

Depends what you call arrogance. If that's confidence in our players to succeed then yes our fans are more arrogant than they used to be. Clearly because we're really quite good. Are we top 4 side? No probably not, but we're as good as we've been in my lifetime.

I would say arrogance is saying things like Stoke, a team who finished above us last season and we have failed to beat in 3 attempts, who were in the FA cup final and Europe only a couple of seasons ago, got a great point and it was a superb result for them by somehow managing to hold us to a draw at home yesterday.

Edited by Turkish

Cortese is not arrogant !

Pochettino is not arrogant !

SFC is not arrogant !

I am not arrogant !

Saints fans are not arrogant !

Just because a few WUM's on this web forum are thick and maybe arrogant as well doesn't tar us all with the same brush !

Celebrate the good times !

COYS !

I would say arrogance is saying things like Stoke, a team who finished above us last season and we have failed to beat in 3 attempts, who were in the FA cup final and Europe only a couple of seasons ago, got a great point and it was a superb result for them by somehow managing to hold us to a draw at home yesterday.

That was a tongue in cheek comment, but the way we've both been playing recently, the fact that we could have had 2 pens, and the fact they still play pretty abysmal football, yes I'm sure a lot of their hands thought 1-1 was a good result for them. Read there forum, they seem pretty happy.

That was a tongue in cheek comment, but the way we've both been playing recently, the fact that we could have had 2 pens, and the fact they still play pretty abysmal football, yes I'm sure a lot of their hands thought 1-1 was a good result for them. Read there forum, they seem pretty happy.

Their players and manager were also more than happy to get a point.... at home.... to l'il ol' Southampton...

Would it be arrogant to say - If it wasn't for a fluke/freak goal we would be second in the league?

Personally I tend to think when we're particularly arrogant about playing a certain team (see Sunderland at home this season/last season, QPR at home last season, Stoke last season) we usually lose, so I tend to avoid it completely.

I respect every team in this league, every team is extremely tough to beat and you earn those 3 points.

It’s not arrogant to point out our strengths and express confidence over the outcome of a match. Not that I personally think that there is any team that I would feel totally confident of beating – anyone can beat anyone as has been pointed out.

The arrogance that annoys me is that of supporters of teams living on past glories who assert that, just because of the name of their club they are of course better than a “little” club like Southampton who can obviously never seriously challenge for the top spots. And after we get results against these teams, this minority of supporters always assert that it was down to their “off-day” or our luck.

I think the worst example of this that I has ever had the misfortune to come across was when I found myself sitting in a bar in Coralejo, Fuerteventura watching the Birmingham vs Saints game (the one in the snow) with just one other customer who happened to be a Birmingham fan. He spent the whole game explaining to me that it was ridiculous to think that Saints would be promoted because they were too small a club for the Prem, that Birmingham were a big club who would definitely go up alongside other “proper” Premier teams such as West Ham.

I would like to discuss the current situation with him now.

It’s not arrogant to point out our strengths and express confidence over the outcome of a match. Not that I personally think that there is any team that I would feel totally confident of beating – anyone can beat anyone as has been pointed out.

The arrogance that annoys me is that of supporters of teams living on past glories who assert that, just because of the name of their club they are of course better than a “little” club like Southampton who can obviously never seriously challenge for the top spots. And after we get results against these teams, this minority of supporters always assert that it was down to their “off-day” or our luck.

I think the worst example of this that I has ever had the misfortune to come across was when I found myself sitting in a bar in Coralejo, Fuerteventura watching the Birmingham vs Saints game (the one in the snow) with just one other customer who happened to be a Birmingham fan. He spent the whole game explaining to me that it was ridiculous to think that Saints would be promoted because they were too small a club for the Prem, that Birmingham were a big club who would definitely go up alongside other “proper” Premier teams such as West Ham.

What did you do? Sit there like a nodding dog agreeing with everything he said?

Quite how anyone would spend anymore than two minutes listening to a Birmingham fan telling them how much bigger they are than us without being able to sysmtematically destroy every point he could make says to me you dont have a clue about football either.

Quite how anyone would spend anymore than two minutes listening to a Birmingham fan telling them how much bigger they are than us without being able to sysmtematically destroy every point he could make says to me you dont have a clue about football either.

To give you the courtesy of a reply, of course I put him straight. He didn't really have the intelligence to discuss though, just droned on and on in his awful Brummie accent. Would have walked out but did want to watch the game and there were no alternative bars.

How you deduce (wrongly) that I was unable to argue with him or that, in your boringly typical offensive way that I know nothing about football, I haven't a clue.

Haven't posted for some time and won't bother again. Am really p!ssed off with the way any straightforward post on the is forum is now just regarded as fodder for attack by the trolls.

To give you the courtesy of a reply, of course I put him straight. He didn't really have the intelligence to discuss though, just droned on and on in his awful Brummie accent. Would have walked out but did want to watch the game and there were no alternative bars.

How you deduce (wrongly) that I was unable to argue with him or that, in your boringly typical offensive way that I know nothing about football, I haven't a clue.

Haven't posted for some time and won't bother again. Am really p!ssed off with the way any straightforward post on the is forum is now just regarded as fodder for attack by the trolls.

Agree.

Have said multiple times before that Turkish (and others) ruin this place for the more casual users. Well, just generally probably. It really is frustrating to read the same drivel over and over, and see so many interesting threads get hijacked and turned into some pathetic point scoring competition.

That's all you had to say, no reason to get shirty and flounce off in a rage.

Just to debunk the whole who it was a better point for thing. We have lost only once away (and all season) while Stoke have won only once at home all season. They had obtained 5 points at home while we had 8 from our away games. That's one point less then they have total points for home and away.

Now I'd say it was a good point for us if they had a fortress at home and we were crap away but that isn't the case. In their last 8 games they have just 6 points while we have 15.

To say it was a better point for us isn't arrogance, it is delusion.

Agree.

Have said multiple times before that Turkish (and others) ruin this place for the more casual users. Well, just generally probably. It really is frustrating to read the same drivel over and over, and see so many interesting threads get hijacked and turned into some pathetic point scoring competition.

Agree, the place has taken a nosedive. All the decent posters left ages ago and you can see why!

That's all you had to say, no reason to get shirty and flounce off in a rage.

Did you really have to insult the guy? Really Turkish?

Perhaps you should stop looking for a reaction and treat the other users on here with a bit of decorum before they all get annoyed and leave.

Surely it was to demonstrate what arrogance is?

He has his moments, but i'm not crediting him with being that deep this time. That was just a needles sarcastic dig at someone. Arrogance and vindictiveness are not mutually exclusive.

Edited by Colinjb

Agree, the place has taken a nosedive. All the decent posters left ages ago and you can see why!

You'd hope those who own and run this forum would give a ****, but they clearly don't as they not only allow it to happen, but then allow people to re-join under a new name should they be banned.

Ultimately they'll be the ones who lose though, when the money stops coming in. I've stopped paying to use this site since the money clearly isn't being invested back into it - if it were, threads like this and insults and point scoring would be stopped quickly. When somebody who openly admits to being a WUM, who has been exposed for lying and making things up more than once, is allowed to create a thread criticising other fans, you know the place has gone to pot.

Same names cropping up again and again with multiple posts per thread and basically squabbling like a bunch of kids. Shameful really. The sad thing is you can't even see that its YOU who are making us look like d!ckheads to other fans.

Perhaps you should stop looking for a reaction and treat the other users on here with a bit of decorum before they all get annoyed and leave.

Very easy (lazy!) to jump all over Turkish - open your eyes mate, Turkish / The "trolls" are not the ones dishing out the insults every post (The “trolls” very rarely insult other posters). I didn’t see anyone jumping to defend me when the usual suspects posted the daily insults. Take a look at the 1st few posts on this thread - zero attempt to discuss the OP just the normal/daily/pointless abuse.

Its these people killing the forum - not Turkish/Barry/Me/Alpine who in the main are very polite especially when you consider all the pointless name calling and abuse they/we receive.

What was insulting about it Colin? The fella said he had to put up with a Birmingham fan telling him the whole game why they were such a bigger club than us, a Birmingham fan!

I thought all the good posters already had left anyway? Although it's good to see you are the self appointed guardian of mongboard decency and decorum!

What was insulting about it Colin? The fella said he had to put up with a Birmingham fan telling him the whole game why they were such a bigger club than us, a Birmingham fan!

I thought all the good posters already had left anyway? Although it's good to see you are the self appointed guardian of mongboard decency and decorum!

You never change and i'm not going to bother explaining any further.

As for the point in bold, yes, they have. You would think now that our club is in a fairly prominent position that there would be increased interest on here but no, it's stagnant and utterly hostile to those outside of a core ten posters. People like Shroppie come on here to chat and they just get someone immediately casting judgement on a perceived lack of footballing knowledge and insulting them for a lack of it.

It's a pity.

Edited by Colinjb

Very easy (lazy!) to jump all over Turkish - open your eyes mate, Turkish / The "trolls" are not the ones dishing out the insults every post (The “trolls” very rarely insult other posters). I didn’t see anyone jumping to defend me when the usual suspects posted the daily insults. Take a look at the 1st few posts on this thread - zero attempt to discuss the OP just the normal/daily/pointless abuse.

Its these people killing the forum - not Turkish/Barry/Me/Alpine who in the main are very polite especially when you consider all the pointless name calling and abuse they/we receive.

Agreed. Look at this thread. All going fine until someone didn't like being questioned on a post and flounced off like a pre menstrual 14 year old. then everyone else jumps in going on about how bad the forum is now and blaming everyone else.

Sit there like a nodding dog agreeing with everything he said?

..... says to me you don't have a clue about football either.

That's pretty insulting. And worse followed. Oh, and I have no problem with being questioned or challenged over a post. It's just the needless sarcasm. Give it a rest.

Edited by Shroppie

That's pretty insulting. And worse followed. Give it a rest.

You were insulted about being asked what you did when by your own admission you had some boring div talking nonsense to you for 90 minutes?

Wow. You are a delicate little flower.

901_10152170303273475_695345382_n.jpeg

I wouldn't say it's just you Colin, I know you try hard to be a good guy forum vigilante and I do have a modicum of respect for that, particularly after the embarrassing Facebook boycott group but your cohorts don't help you. if the bleaters and delicate flowers could have a look at themselves and realise how unreasonable their behaviour is we'd have a much happier mongboard.

I wouldn't say it's just you Colin, I know you try hard to be a good guy forum vigilante but if the bleaters and delicate flowers could have a look at themselves and realise how unreasonable their behaviour is we'd have a much happier mongboard.

Parody man returns.

Have fun.