Burnley 3-2 Saints - Post Match Reaction

Arizona

Well to sum up:

An absolutely dire, cr@p first half and then an excellent second half. Why can't we get some frickin consistency?

well done the lads for coming out at second half and playing good footie. Good to see you all battle for it, just ****ing well start properly next time...

Two goals have spared JP huge amounts of ridicule and verciferous calls for his head.

Those goals have perhaps tempered some peoples anger.

Papering over the cracks is all that has been achieved today,we lost because we sounded **** poor,we rallied for about 20 min approx,just not good enough as far as i'm concerned.

Well as someone the other week said [quoting from John Cleese in Clockwork], it's not the losing, it's the hope that kills you. Not sure what the point is in almost drawing or winning.

You might think it gives us hope we are unlucky or improving, but we have been doing it all season.

Maybe losing 3-0 might have done us more good than yet another "nearly" result that dangles the possibility that it will all come right anyday now.

I'm normally a 'half-full glass' sort of person, but I seem to have spent a lot of time thinking that we are in with a chance, only to be proved wrong.

Lee Holmes is my last hope!

PS People saying we were brilliant the 2nd half are wrong. If we were that good, we would have salvaged a point at least ;)

It is dishonest to speak of a 2nd half fightback when we still lost!

Edited by Plumstead_Saint

A new manager V Forest might give us a kick-start. The managers that are overplaying with the limited players they have are really coming unstuck - JP, Mowbray, McAllister. A mixed approach is needed if you don't have Ronaldo, Gerrard, Torres, Fabregas or Deco.

Another loss...

Nothing else makes any difference given the position we are in....

Hovering above relegation

Portvliet out..

Lowe out...

Wilde out...

What he said, the two goals are just papering over the cracks. We are going down, and then starting the following season on minus 10.

Well done Rupert

As close to a comeback as it may of sounded reality is we were pounded and it could of been anything like 7-0 in the first half. They hit the bar 3 times and KD performed like 4 outstanding saves. Other then the two goals i don't recall anything about their keeper diving to make saves. We didn't deserve to get anything from the game and if Burnley like Palace the week before didn't turn off at half time due to being mies ahead we would of got severly stuffed. A nice 25minute spell does not make up for 65 mins of playing pretty poor.

So as much as i want to say "unlucky" lads we were very lucky, lucky KD saved loads, lucky the woodwork kept the score down and lucky we didn't have a player sent off.

We could have Fergie in charge and it would make no difference...

STOP blaming Lowe, Wilde and the gaffer. We have no money and young inexperienced players.

I don't know what everyone expects...us to come out and finish in the play offs. Yes it would be nice but we have players that have hardly played in the reserves let alone the Championship.

On the plus side, the two goal scorers will likely be sold in January (because they don't want to be here and we have no choice, I'm sure). Had we played this fixture in another couple of months, it would have been 3-0 and our goal difference would be even worse.

STOP blaming Lowe, Wilde and the gaffer. We have no money and young inexperienced players.

I don't know what everyone expects...us to come out and finish in the play offs. Yes it would be nice but we have players that have hardly played in the reserves let alone the Championship.

LOL

A PR post for the lowe/wilde camp perhaps?

PR spin at it's best/worst. Rupert, spend the money on the club and not this nonsense.

So the manager makes no difference then?

Why bother with one when your sponsor could do the job himself ;)

LOL

A PR post for the lowe/wilde camp perhaps?

Damn it my cover has been blown.

But come on seriously a change of manager, chairman, groundsman, kit man is not going to do alot.

People qant a quick fix and the problems lay much further and deeper than a simple change of manager.

It's pointless looking for a balanced debate on here, it's like looking for a virgin in Portsmouth.

But what exactly oh brilliant ones is the solution to supporting our current manager and players and hoping for the best?

I am all ears.

And despite the result I still support Poortvliet who has again shown his ability to change things around and adapt his tactics to the situation, but is playing with half a deck through no fault of his own or the team.

no blame may be on the "gaffer" as you put it (having you been watching a football video) but at least 66% of blame on lowe and wilde

It's pointless looking for a balanced debate on here, it's like looking for a virgin in Portsmouth.

But what exactly oh brilliant ones is the solution to supporting our current manager and players and hoping for the best?

I am all ears.

And despite the result I still support Poortvliet who has again shown his ability to change things around and adapt his tactics to the situation, but is playing with half a deck through no fault of his own or the team.

You are serious are`nt you....Oh dear

I am all ears.

In the interest of 'balanced' debate, a few counter points...

There are virgins in Pompey - they are nuns doing outreach charity work. :cool:

In the last two away games, ( remember we play so well away from home ), we have been dire in the first 20 minutes, and effectively conceded the 6 points in only forty minutes of 'football'. The solution is for JP to accept that it ain't working, and ask for some experienced British CC assistance, rather than yet another underwhelming dutch nomark.

JP may have 'changed things around', but how much was down to the Dingles easing off as they thought they had it won ? How many saves did KD make, even at 3-2, to keep us in it ?

And, compared to recent games, this was a team of 'old hands', not 10 under 21s.

Edited by badgerx16
Plenty of British CC expertise, why limit it to the English,

no blame may be on the "gaffer" as you put it (having you been watching a football video) but at least 66% of blame on lowe and wilde

And the players are not to blame at all.

The players are not good enough...

Palace game...they were very similar to us...probably less talented but they had real strength, they were men, they out battled us.

Just a few more professional players may do the trick instead of arrogant little boys.

Palace game...they were very similar to us...probably less talented but they had real strength, they were men, they out battled us.

Just a few more professional players may do the trick instead of arrogant little boys.

You seem to have changed direction since post number one

In the interest of 'balanced' debate, a few counter points...

There are virgins in Pompey - they are nuns doing outreach charity work. :cool:

In the last two away games, ( remember we play so well away from home ), we have been dire in the first 20 minutes, and effectively conceded the 6 points in only forty minutes of 'football'. The solution is for JP to accept that it ain't working, and ask for some experienced English CC assistance, rather than yet another underwhelming dutch nomark.

JP may have 'changed things around', but how much was down to the Dingles easing off as they thought they had it won ? How many saves did KD make, even at 3-2, to keep us in it ?

And, compared to recent games, this was a team of 'old hands', not 10 under 21s.

OK.

So, if JP asks for experienced hands does he get them? Where for example are Rasiak, John and Saga? Do you know whom he is allowed to bring in? No.

As for these old hands - hardly. How many first team games have James, Cork, McG, Lallana, Robertson, Morgan, etc played?? You must accept that a good half of our team are first-season players. Age is immaterial, experience is not.

And if he had no clue, then why exactly were we doing so well away from home before this week? And if you say luck, they can say all the losses are simply bad luck, so that argument is flawed. You can't have a one-way luck debate.

So, one solution: which is to ask for more players - from a Chairman who won't buy them. What is your next idea?

Changing manager in the current scenario is not an option for me. No manager can work a Dutch system better than one who has played and coached in it all his life. And a different manager would be like Redknapp - a fish out of water here.

If you want to change the system you have to mount a takeover of the club.

Originally Posted by MissMay9We could have Fergie in charge and it would make no difference...

Originally Posted by MissMay9 viewpost.gif

You seem to have changed direction since post number one

It's the little voices, they make him / her say these things.

OK.

So, if JP asks for experienced hands does he get them? Where for example are Rasiak, John and Saga? Do you know whom he is allowed to bring in? No.

As for these old hands - hardly. How many first team games have James, Cork, McG, Lallana, Robertson, Morgan, etc played?? You must accept that a good half of our team are first-season players. Age is immaterial, experience is not.

And if he had no clue, then why exactly were we doing so well away from home before this week? And if you say luck, they can say all the losses are simply bad luck, so that argument is flawed. You can't have a one-way luck debate.

So, one solution: which is to ask for more players - from a Chairman who won't buy them. What is your next idea?

Changing manager in the current scenario is not an option for me. No manager can work a Dutch system better than one who has played and coached in it all his life. And a different manager would be like Redknapp - a fish out of water here.

so we are doomed in your opinion

OK.

Ah, so now a 'balanced' debate is you are right and everybody else's opinion is wrong.