Burnley 3-2 Saints - Post Match Reaction

Arizona

OK.

So, if JP asks for experienced hands does he get them? Where for example are Rasiak, John and Saga? Do you know whom he is allowed to bring in? No. I was referring to experienced COACHES, as you are probably perfectly well aware..

As for these old hands - hardly. How many first team games have James, Cork, McG, Lallana, Robertson, Morgan, etc played?? You must accept that a good half of our team are first-season players. Age is immaterial, experience is not. Today's team included KD, Perry, Skacel, and Euell, together with BWP and Surman.

And if he had no clue, then why exactly were we doing so well away from home before this week? And if you say luck, they can say all the losses are simply bad luck, so that argument is flawed. You can't have a one-way luck debate. Reading was a fluke, if they had turned up we would have been pasted, as most on here expected. Derby were still in their 'we can't win for toffees' phase, Doncaster should have beaten us, and Preston DID stop playing at 2-0 up. Do not delude yourself.

So, one solution: which is to ask for more players - from a Chairman who won't buy them. What is your next idea? I am not suggesting more players, ditch at least 4 of the cr4p ones we aren't even playing, such as Pulis ( what a joke signing ), and bring back 1 of our experienced strikers.

Changing manager in the current scenario is not an option for me. No manager can work a Dutch system better than one who has played and coached in it all his life. And a different manager would be like Redknapp - a fish out of water here. Why do we have to play a Dutch system, we are an ENGLISH team playing in ENGLAND, with predominantly ENGLISH players.

If you want to change the system you have to mount a takeover of the club.

I don't need to change the system, JP does.

OK.

So, if JP asks for experienced hands does he get them? Where for example are Rasiak, John and Saga? Do you know whom he is allowed to bring in? No.

As for these old hands - hardly. How many first team games have James, Cork, McG, Lallana, Robertson, Morgan, etc played?? You must accept that a good half of our team are first-season players. Age is immaterial, experience is not.

And if he had no clue, then why exactly were we doing so well away from home before this week? And if you say luck, they can say all the losses are simply bad luck, so that argument is flawed. You can't have a one-way luck debate.

So, one solution: which is to ask for more players - from a Chairman who won't buy them. What is your next idea?

Changing manager in the current scenario is not an option for me. No manager can work a Dutch system better than one who has played and coached in it all his life. And a different manager would be like Redknapp - a fish out of water here.

As much as I think JP could do the business eventually I do think we would benifit now from a manager that could get us to toughen up as a team. we are to soft and as a result leek to many goals.

Personally I would like to have someone with both Pearson and JP's qualities to give us both the grit and flair.

I don't need to change the system, JP does.

So you think this Dutch man just pitched up here and persuaded a Chairman to adopt a Dutch style of football.... right.

And still you think the away wins were luck? In which case, today console yourself that we were unlucky and that the luck will turn again.

You cannot have a one-way luck argument. Sometimes our football style will win and sometimes it won't.

But as for whose fault it is that we have a Dutch coach, relying on mainly youth, and our most effective strikers on loan and our best defender sold, is that Jan's fault too??

As much as I think JP could do the business eventually I do think we would benifit now from a manager that could get us to toughen up as a team. we are to soft and as a result leek to many goals.

Personally I would like to have someone with both Pearson and JP's qualities to give us both the grit and flair.

I don't disagree with that. Although I would like to meet the man who could toughen up Lloyd James...

So you think this Dutch man just pitched up here and persuaded a Chairman to adopt a Dutch style of football.... right.

No, it just shows Rupe's has not got clue #1

And still you think the away wins were luck? In which case, today console yourself that we were unlucky and that the luck will turn again.

I do not think they were entirely down to our good football, and I was at Preston to watch it- the first half was just as bad as today's

You cannot have a one-way luck argument. Sometimes our football style will win and sometimes it won't.

Mostly it loses :(

But as for whose fault it is that we have a Dutch coach, relying on mainly youth, and our most effective strikers on loan and our best defender sold, is that Jan's fault too??

I don't blame Jan, so much as believe he is out of his depth.

Anyhow, I've got to out to a brass band concert now, ( plenty of cornets ), so for the moment you can have the last word.

I don't blame Jan, so much as believe he is out of his depth.

Anyhow, I've got to out to a brass band concert now, ( plenty of cornets ), so for the moment you can have the last word.

I kind of agree. But at least he has now played every team and knows how they set-up and their strengths and weaknesses. Maybe he will use this knowledge and inspire a second-half season fightback... :)

And if not, I'm reassured that Charlton, a club we modelled ourselves on will be in League One with us!!

We could have Fergie in charge and it would make no difference...

STOP blaming Lowe, Wilde and the gaffer. We have no money and young inexperienced players.

I don't know what everyone expects...us to come out and finish in the play offs. Yes it would be nice but we have players that have hardly played in the reserves let alone the Championship.

Absolute twaddle. We have no money, boo hoo, lets just accept us being crap. We have no money so lets employ a no-hope coach, when we could get someone who can get these youngsters playing well. But no, Lowe and the poddle couldn't do that. I really detest the people who think we could not do better with what we have, we could if we had a proper manager!!! FFS people start to see what is happening and that we can do better.

I don't disagree with that. Although I would like to meet the man who could toughen up Lloyd James...

Played in the right position James is not half bad. He has his faults as a RB though but not all goals conceded come through him. We need to be leaner in giving goals away and im not sure JP has it in his locker to make this happen.

He either is able to get the team attacking and being week at the back or stem the flow of goals against and the goals for dry up.

Answerso on a post card on a solution and send them to SMS please.

Absolute twaddle. We have no money, boo hoo, lets just accept us being crap. We have no money so lets employ a no-hope coach, when we could get someone who can get these youngsters playing well. But no, Lowe and the poddle couldn't do that. I really detest the people who think we could not do better with what we have, we could if we had a proper manager!!! FFS people start to see what is happening and that we can do better.

Agree with that.

Lose Lowe.

Lose Portaloo.

Then we stand a united chance of fighting back in the new year. We MUST get Lowe out fast. He is an interfering, useless, foolish, arrogant, selfinterested greedy man. Please Northam... next week....

BRING THE BANNERS.

PLEASE SOMEONE TAKE OVER THIS CLUB - we are going down under Lowe.

Thing is we as saints fans build all our opinions on IF's!

IF we had a better manager

IF Lowe wasnt here

IF we had money

IF we were not playing the kids

it goes on and on when the truth is we dont know what it would be like IF things were different. Things were supposed to get better when we got Redcrap in and many of us thought it would at the time but we got relegated which IMO is considerable worse than what we was expecting

Many of us also thought that WGS coming in was a Big mistake and we would pay for it. Wehere would we be now IF we never got WGS?

Im not disagreeing with you or the other poster that you commented on but the argument of IF's is just as solid as the argument of Luck.

The target has got to be dont get relegated and stay out of Administration. I find that hard to take as my expectation is push for promotion so hoping we get the handful of points needed for survival is a really tough pill to swallow.

I want the team, JP and even Lowe to do well while they are at our club and I am gutted when they dont. When someone finally replaces Lowe (if ever :rolleyes: ) then I will want that person to do well same as whoever our manager is at the time and on our playing staff. Results like today do no good for any plans and just give the players and staff less time to do enough to hit the required targets.

STOP blaming Lowe, Wilde and the gaffer. We have no money and young inexperienced players.

I don't know what everyone expects...us to come out and finish in the play offs. Yes it would be nice but we have players that have hardly played in the reserves let alone the Championship.

Oh dear............ ](*,)

OK.

So, if JP asks for experienced hands does he get them? Where for example are Rasiak, John and Saga? Do you know whom he is allowed to bring in? No.

As for these old hands - hardly. How many first team games have James, Cork, McG, Lallana, Robertson, Morgan, etc played?? You must accept that a good half of our team are first-season players. Age is immaterial, experience is not.

And if he had no clue, then why exactly were we doing so well away from home before this week? And if you say luck, they can say all the losses are simply bad luck, so that argument is flawed. You can't have a one-way luck debate.

So, one solution: which is to ask for more players - from a Chairman who won't buy them. What is your next idea?

Changing manager in the current scenario is not an option for me. No manager can work a Dutch system better than one who has played and coached in it all his life. And a different manager would be like Redknapp - a fish out of water here.

Sorry, but he took the job obviously knowing the restrictions that would come with it.

We're losing a lot of games and it's a results driven business.........It was his choice to take the position of manager/first team coach/coach whatever we're calling them at this club now.

I thought this thread was about postmatch comments. Not about sacking or bringing in players.

David Armstrong was very critical today about our lack of width. Basically down to Lallana roaming all over the place. FFS all good sides have wide men hugging the touchline. Our attacking right side width, except for a supporting fullback is non existent.

If Lallana does his own thing, then it destroys our ability to attack and spread the defence, the time has come to drop him.

Along with McGoldrick and Robertson he has become a non scoring attacker, they are not even providing passes for goals. They don't get behind the defence, in fact they hardly ever trouble defences, especially at home because of this lack of width.

The big problem for me is the management aren't even seeing it.

The needs of the team are paramount not the self indulgence of showboating lightweight players.

Maybe the time has come to play James wide right, Cork at right back until we get Holmes back.

Burnley today in the first half showed us how to attack, they destroyed us with Eagles and Elliott wide, hugging the touchlines. They were getting behind us and putting crosses into pre assigned areas, being attacked by the other players. Not only did they score 3 goals, they hit the bar twice and caused us all sorts of problems.

Somehow we have to pick players who will discipline themselves and play wide.

Oh well another S**t Sat night & i don't know where we go from here. The trouble is neither does anyone in charge at Saints at the moment. It has to be said good fight back second half but & its a big BUT it just papers over the cracks for me, we could & maybe should've been 5/7 down at half time. The problem all season & the 2 previous years hasn't been solved "DEFENSE" anybody sort that out & we have a chance.

I

If Lallana does his own thing, then it destroys our ability to attack and spread the defence, the time has come to drop him.

Lallana has been doing his own thing since he got a walk on in the "got some boots,Micky Mouse U21s friendly association" hasn't he?

We can't afford to drop him cos his price tag will fall from £15 to £12.99 but

as you sayu he's buggering up the shape of the side (apparently)..

I thought this thread was about postmatch comments. Not about sacking or bringing in players.

David Armstrong was very critical today about our lack of width. Basically down to Lallana roaming all over the place. FFS all good sides have wide men hugging the touchline. Our attacking right side width, except for a supporting fullback is non existent.

Along with McGoldrick and Robertson he has become a non scoring attacker, they are not even providing passes for goals. They don't get behind the defence, in fact they hardly ever trouble defences, especially at home because of this lack of width.

The needs of the team are paramount not the self indulgence of showboating lightweight players.

Maybe the time has come to play James wide right, Cork at right back until we get Holmes back.

Burnley today in the first half showed us how to attack, they destroyed us with Eagles and Elliott wide, hugging the touchlines. They were getting behind us and putting crosses into pre assigned areas, being attacked by the other players. Not only did they score 3 goals, they hit the bar twice and caused us all sorts of problems.

Somehow we have to pick players who will discipline themselves and play wide.

Very good point. We are a young fast counter attacking team that doesnt get players to the by-line from wide positions. This system rely's on wide players getting down the wings and JP even commented on missing Holmes as he is a real winger.

BWP might not be a winger but surly its not hard to tell him to hug the touch line and get some crosses in? He certainly trys to do that more than Lallana does.

I think we would do much better to have an in form Dyer back and play lallana in the middle and Holmes on the left. Chances of Dyer coming back in form are probably slimmer than us winning the league but the point is this system needs round pegs for round holes.

Very good point. We are a young fast counter attacking team that doesnt get players to the by-line from wide positions. This system rely's on wide players getting down the wings and JP even commented on missing Holmes as he is a real winger.

BWP might not be a winger but surly its not hard to tell him to hug the touch line and get some crosses in? He certainly trys to do that more than Lallana does.

I think we would do much better to have an in form Dyer back and play lallana in the middle and Holmes on the left. Chances of Dyer coming back in form are probably slimmer than us winning the league but the point is this system needs round pegs for round holes.

BWP has scored 3 goals from wide, and generally gives us width on that side. Because we have Lallana sucked in to the near post, we have no attacking threat on the far post when crosses come from the left

Apart from Lloyd James we don't do crosses from the right. The problem is what to do until Holmes and Dyer come back.

BWP has scored 3 goals from wide, and generally gives us width on that side. Because we have Lallana sucked in to the near post, we have no attacking threat on the far post when crosses come from the left

Apart from Lloyd James we don't do crosses from the right. The problem is what to do until Holmes and Dyer come back.

Sorry i wasnt having a dig at BWP as I think he has done fairly well from the left considering its not his natural position. Still think we might benifit more from having a proper left winger playing there. lallana seems to drift all over the place and it amazes me that as a young kid trying to learn his trade he is not given better instruction on how to play the position asked.

Lallana has got potential and could become a really good player but maybe he just needs to go back to basics and do the job that is needed rather than a free role.

Sorry i wasnt having a dig at BWP as I think he has done fairly well from the left considering its not his natural position. Still think we might benifit more from having a proper left winger playing there. lallana seems to drift all over the place and it amazes me that as a young kid trying to learn his trade he is not given better instruction on how to play the position asked.

Lallana has got potential and could become a really good player but maybe he just needs to go back to basics and do the job that is needed rather than a free role.

I know you weren't. This sums it up very nicely.

Don't let me read any more rubbish about getting behind the lads because I'm sick of watching them, sick of listening to them and sick of looking for the final score.

The team that I love and have supported all my life (over fifty years) is going to the dogs.

When are we going to get something to put the smile back on our faces?

How much longer do we have to put up with this rubbish?

At this rate, next year I'll be able to walk up the road and watch the local derby at Bournemouth, because to be honest I have more faith that Bournemouth will survive than I do my beloved Saints!

Just back from game.

Player ratings.

Davis 7 at fault for 2nd goal but kept score down with fine saves after.

James 6 looks ok going forward but weak defensively.

Skacel 6 good goal but looked slow at times in defense and was usually outnumbered.

Perry 6 solid most of time

Cork 8 played centre half, midfield and right back pretty well.

Euell - 7 poor 1st half like everyone but got alot more involved 2nd half.

Lallana 7 looked good at times but usual midfield lack of bite and killer ball.

Morgan - 5 didn't look fit and went off 1st half, not sure if injured or poor play?

BWP - 6 tries hard at times but not a winger and poor control let him down at times

Surman 7 better 2nd half and took goal well.

McGoaldrought 4 poor again. Does not know how to get into goal scoring positions and waits for ball to come to him too much when getting beaten to ball. Does not win headers and i'm pretty sure he tackled his own player at one point in 2nd half.

Pearce 6 looked ok when he came on 1st half

Robertson - 5 poor again and no threat

Overal a disaster first 10 mins and first half when Burnley could have been in double figures by half time.

Much better 2nd half but side seemed to run out of steam late on and didn't threaten goal.

Saints badly need a centre forward and some bite in midfield.

Edited by AndyNorthernSaints

Don't let me read any more rubbish about getting behind the lads because I'm sick of watching them, sick of listening to them and sick of looking for the final score.

The team that I love and have supported all my life (over fifty years) is going to the dogs.

When are we going to get something to put the smile back on our faces?

How much longer do we have to put up with this rubbish?

At this rate, next year I'll be able to walk up the road and watch the local derby at Bournemouth, because to be honest I have more faith that Bournemouth will survive than I do my beloved Saints!

there have been a few times this season when i have thought I will be able to see saints play against torquay and exeter in the league and that would be able to double my away games for a season. but then there have been other games where it looks like we are heading in the right direction.

Ill just be glad when the team decide which way they are heading and stick to it. at least we as fans will all be thinking the same thing week in week out. lol

Lallana has been doing his own thing since he got a walk on in the "got some boots,Micky Mouse U21s friendly association" hasn't he?

We can't afford to drop him cos his price tag will fall from £15 to £12.99 but

as you sayu he's buggering up the shape of the side (apparently)..

WC sometimes I agree with you, somethimes I don't but to make those comments about Lallana I'm afraid you are so very wrong. I've seem a number of games this season whilst in the company of ex and current pro's and to a man they all highlighted AL as the stand out player. He will go on to play at a much higher standard there is no doubt. SFC have done their utmost so shoe-horn McGoldrick into the team at any opportunity so we ought to damn well try and do the same with Lallana in a position and formation that gets the best out of him.

Can't comment on Saint's performance as I didn't go and after having tuned in to the commentary on Five Live Extra after 15 minutes only to discover we were 3-0 down, I couldn't bear to listen. However, from what I've seen of Burnely, they are a good side, in form. We lost 3-2. Did we honestly expect to beat them?

Can't comment on Saint's performance as I didn't go and after having tuned in to the commentary on Five Live Extra after 15 minutes only to discover we were 3-0 down, I couldn't bear to listen. However, from what I've seen of Burnely, they are a good side, in form. We lost 3-2. Did we honestly expect to beat them?

To be honest,I had the same feeling as you.

We should be more positive,we lost 3-2 to an in form side.

Another depressing Saturday evening. Quite frankly, I don't care what JP tries to say about the performance; the evidence is there that this system just isn't working for us. What's more important - your principles in playing a system or trying to stay in this division by playing as a solid unit in way that does not completely suit your ideals. As far as I can see, Man U & Arsenal can play good, fluid passing football in a 4-4-2 system so why can't we try to emulate that?

Neil Warnock admitted earlier this week that his chosen formation at Palace was failing so he re-evaluated and adapted his team in a way he hoped would suit his players. And it worked. Could that happen here? Probably not - I'm not convinced JP has a plan B up his sleeve as this would expose the total football experiment as a failure.

WC sometimes I agree with you, somethimes I don't but to make those comments about Lallana I'm afraid you are so very wrong. I've seem a number of games this season whilst in the company of ex and current pro's and to a man they all highlighted AL as the stand out player. He will go on to play at a much higher standard there is no doubt. SFC have done their utmost so shoe-horn McGoldrick into the team at any opportunity so we ought to damn well try and do the same with Lallana in a position and formation that gets the best out of him.

Lallana needs to play in a position he wants to play in and that suits him.

He lacks the discipline to play in this team at the moment. Wide he doesn't create or score and doesn't support his full back by tracking back, the same in the hole. If he isn't delivering, clever play going round in circles, that doesn't create anything of value, is worthless.

He has been told by one of the senior coaches to stop running around all over the pitch and pick out the space that creates and hurts the opposition.

Just back from game.

Player ratings.

Davis 7 at fault for 2nd goal but kept score down with fine saves after.

James 6 looks ok going forward but weak defensively.

Skacel 6 good goal but looked slow at times in defense and was usually outnumbered.

Perry 6 solid most of time

Cork 8 played centre half, midfield and right back pretty well.

Euell - 7 poor 1st half like everyone but got alot more involved 2nd half.

Lallana 7 looked good at times but usual midfield lack of bite and killer ball.

Morgan - 5 didn't look fit and went off 1st half, not sure if injured or poor play?

BWP - 6 tries hard at times but not a winger and poor control let him down at times

Surman 7 better 2nd half and took goal well.

McGoaldrought 4 poor again. Does not know how to get into goal scoring positions and waits for ball to come to him too much when getting beaten to ball. Does not win headers and i'm pretty sure he tackled his own player at one point in 2nd half.

Pearce 6 looked ok when he came on 1st half

Robertson - 5 poor again and no threat

Overal a disaster first 10 mins and first half when Burnley could have been in double figures by half time.

Much better 2nd half but side seemed to run out of steam late on and didn't threaten goal.

Saints badly need a centre forward and some bite in midfield.

Thnaks for this. i agree that we need a forward who can get more shots in and score more goals, and also hold the ball. As for midfield, we seem to have huge numbers of midfielders - why is Gillett out of favour - whenever i have seen him he looks as though he has considerable potential to be a biting busy midfielders like Ball or Strachan.

Maybe not, but to have made an appearance in the first half would have been nice :rolleyes:

He has been told by one of the senior coaches to stop running around all over the pitch and pick out the space that creates and hurts the opposition.

That would be good advice. If Lallana doesn't follow instructions he should be dropped. What's the Head Coach telling him?

That would be good advice. If Lallana doesn't follow instructions he should be dropped. What's the Head Coach telling him?

Adam Stop om rond te rennen

(maybe DMG misheard it and thought he was talking to him)

WHAT????????????????????????? You believe on some sort of fatalistic bullsiht thats its preordianed or something?

Of course it makes a difference who the manager is - thats why Fergie is at Man U rather than JP.

The same goes from the top (Lowe) to the bottom. IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERNECE AND WE ARE SECOND BEST EVERYWHERE FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus f'in Christ

We lost to a team that has beaten Fulham, Chelsea and Arsenal this season. And people are reacting as though this is the final straw?

Wenger couldn't get a bunch of kids, who are far better than our lot, to beat Burnley at home. So because Jan couldn't get our bunch of kids to beat them either he's for the chop?

With the players available I think Wenger would be hard pressed to keep us up, but he probably would although he wouldn't have got a win at Burnley. He is a better manager that Poortvliet, and should he express a desire to leave Arsenal and come to Southampton I would welcome him with open arms. But until he does that let's stick with what we've got because with the players at his disposal Jan is doing an 'okay' job and I really don't think we're in a position to attract anybody better.

i'm not going to comment on the match, enough has been said about it already, but what i will say is hats off to the few hundred that travelled north again today. You're obviously loaded and extremely loyal or loaded and extremely stupid, either way with you guys singing away, we still have some pride left. Lets hope for some noise on saturday at home for a change and win the six pointer, because thats what it is!!!!!!!!!!!! How sad we are in a sixpointer even before xmas.

I have just got back with my 2 boys. First half was as bad a Saints performance as i have ever seen. When Jan walked off to the boo's he looked shocked. After the 3rd goal all the coaching staff just sat or leaned against the dug out with absolutely no idea what to do.

Inept is an understatement for how bad we were in the first half. The big difference in the 2nd half was simply effort & belief.

My ratings are quite different to AndyNorthernSaints, but here you go

Davies 6 His fault for the 2nd, but some great saves afterwards

James 5 Try's really hard, but not a great defender

Skacel 7 Our best player today - great strike for the goal

Perry 4 Some really bad missed timed tackles that missed Burnley players

Cork 5 At fault for the 3rd goal, headed accross goal. Almost cost again 2nd half

BWP 6 Another who tried, but he aint a left winger

Morgan 5 Did not look fit

Lallana 6 Poor first half - Great 2nd half

Euell 7 Lovely pass for our 2nd goal. A lot better 2nd half

McGoldrick 4 He is just not a decent player

Surman 6 Ditto Lallana

Subs

Pearce 6 A reasonable game, but we were 3-0 down

Robertson 5 Another who is not up to it

We will go down if we play like we did first half - Stop up if we play like we did in the 2nd half!

I have never really blamed Jan, but his faith in McGoldrick is a mistake & he does not appear to prepare the players for opposition. It was man against boys for most of the first half.

Lowe's experiment is failing. Time to de-list from the exchange & find a buyer our debt. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.............

We lost to a team that has beaten Fulham, Chelsea and Arsenal this season. And people are reacting as though this is the final straw?

Wenger couldn't get a bunch of kids, who are far better than our lot, to beat Burnley at home. So because Jan couldn't get our bunch of kids to beat them either he's for the chop?

With the players available I think Wenger would be hard pressed to keep us up, but he probably would although he wouldn't have got a win at Burnley. He is a better manager that Poortvliet, and should he express a desire to leave Arsenal and come to Southampton I would welcome him with open arms. But until he does that let's stick with what we've got because with the players at his disposal Jan is doing an 'okay' job and I really don't think we're in a position to attract anybody better.

Agreed. Was at the match today and that's Burnleys unbeaten run at home now stretched to 14 in a row. For those saying that Burnley took their foot of the gas in the second are talking crap. In the first half their defence looked just as shaky as it was in the second we just didn't manage to capitilise. two goals from errors from normally error free blokes. saints looked good going forward in the second half and the reason Burnley had a few opportunities was due to us really going for it. Down? yes I am. Out? Certainly not. Oh and Euell played up front in the first half and moved back into midfield where he was much more useful.

As usual, I come on here and ask again and again why we cannot sustain any decent play for ninety minutes. Is is too much to ask? Sometimes we are good during the first half and crap the second. Today we were total crap the first half and somehow managed almost to get back on equal terms the second half. Had we done so, it would have been a travesty, as without the aid of the crossbar and the post and some incredible saves by Davies yet again, the game would have been out of sight.

So another three points down the drain and thankfully the goal difference was only an additional -1.

But the time has cometo replace Poortvliet, I'm afraid. He just doesn't have a clue tactically and is plainly out of his depth. When we attained the upper hand in the second half and some momentum, he should have had the balls to have gambled with two strikers up front with plenty of time to have had an effect. Instead, he put on Robinson far too late.

So here we are at the halfway stage in the bottom three and I'm not at all confident that we will have the ability to get ourselves out of this hole if we lose any half decent players in a few weeks time.

I was working today (in a call center) an around 20 past 3 was speaking to a girl form southampton and asked her the the score in the Saints game (after she went to find out) she told me it was 3 - 0 i asked "i presume that's against?" she asked "well what do you think?"

i then gave up hope!!!!!!!

STOP blaming Lowe............

Who do you blame????????? I like my football, I love Saints, I don't care much for football politics, but Lowe has to bare some blame for where Saints find are today.

On the plus side, the two goal scorers will likely be sold in January (because they don't want to be here and we have no choice, I'm sure).

don't ya just f*ckin know it, it is sickening.

especially when you see the ex Saints (where not good enough, or were on massive wages) playing for clubs who went form the championship to the prem.

And if not, I'm reassured that Charlton, a club we modelled ourselves on will be in League One with us!!

what the f*ck has charlton have to do with anything, I am sure everyone on here wants what is best for Saints, whoever we modelled ourselves on (I always thought we were Saints)

Thing is we as saints fans build all our opinions on IF's!

... that's f ootball, I will always say "if Roy Keane did not leave the Ireland squad, Ireland could have got to the World Cup Final"

...I will also always say "if my auntie had balls......"

what matters is here and now, and the team is not preforming.

Thanks for bringing this back to Post Match reaction Derry.

---note to derry---- I should be up your direction in the new year, if ya fancy meeting for a pint.

I was working today (in a call center) an around 20 past 3 was speaking to a girl form southampton and asked her the the score in the Saints game (after she went to find out) she told me it was 3 - 0 i asked "i presume that's against?" she asked "well what do you think?"

i then gave up hope!!!!!!!

Who do you blame????????? I like my football, I love Saints, I don't care much for football politics, but Lowe has to bare some blame for where Saints find are today.

don't ya just f*ckin know it, it is sickening.

especially when you see the ex Saints (where not good enough, or were on massive wages) playing for clubs who went form the championship to the prem.

what the f*ck has charlton have to do with anything, I am sure everyone on here wants what is best for Saints, whoever we modelled ourselves on (I always thought we were Saints)

... that's f ootball, I will always say "if Roy Keane did not leave the Ireland squad, Ireland could have got to the World Cup Final"

...I will also always say "if my auntie had balls......"

what matters is here and now, and the team is not preforming.

Thanks for bringing this back to Post Match reaction Derry.

---note to derry---- I should be up your direction in the new year, if ya fancy meeting for a pint.

I live in Southampton, father English, mother Irish came here when I was 4. Born in Portlaoighs, lived near Athy. The Derry comes from another theme.

Edited by derry