MLT Media Comments

spyinthesky

I am sure MLT has been bombarded with approaches from the press re his take on NC's resignation so his comments, as reported in the Echo, are undoubtedly responsive rather than proactive.

I think he has been reasonably measured in the way he has given his view and, I have to say, his comments are broadly in line with my own personal view.

However it is interesting to see the mainly negative stance towards MLT taken by people on the Echo Forum with a groundswell of support for NC.

Undoubtedly MLT had an Agenda against NC but there again this was probably as a result of NC's view of MLT and past players/history of the club (apart from Terry Paine of course - wonder what TP will say in his Football Echo column today?)

One thing that MLT did touch on was that if NC had been a bit more sympathetic towards the history of the club and the requirements of the average fan then he could have become an enduring Saints legend.

No doubt his personality did not allow him the luxury to pursue this option, which is a great shame

As someone ably pointed out NC can be compared to Marmite.

Let's hope if he does re-surface at the club at some stage he will maintain his vision for a successful future but be a bit more understanding of the requirements of the average fan.

The way the LeTissier and Benali households have greeted the news of Cortese leaving has been childish to put it mildly.

the main protagonist have kept the powder dry to a degree,however some of the family's comments are disgusting.

Legends on the pitch......not so much off it.

Glad ad they relish in the instability heaped upon SFC....to suit their own selfish agendas.

The way the LeTissier and Benali households have greeted the news of Cortese leaving has been childish to put it mildly.

the main protagonist have kept the powder dry to a degree,however some of the family's comments are disgusting.

Glad ad they relish in the instability heaped upon SFC....to suit their own selfish agendas.

What? Benali happy about being allowed in ground? Is that so wrong?

I want to remember Le Tiss as the player he was, the one player i would happily pay to watch. I have had the pleasure of playing with him after he retired and speaking to him on several occasions and everytime has been a pleasure. He is as normal as the next man on the street, no airs and graces.....for these reasons I wish he would just be very careful about what comments he passes on recent events....Alot of people on here are using the words "he was just an employee of the club" to describe NC....well that goes for ex players as well. Both men should be remembered by the fans for how they both saved this club, NC for getting Markus to invest in us and then running the club brilliantly and Le Tiss for almost single handedly keeping us in the top league season after season and staying loyal. Can we as fans not just accept these facts and not rip apart two men that have done so much for our club?

And you know all the in ands outs of what NC did to Benali?

just the usual rumours I suspect, but until it all comes to light and both sides of the story who can really judge?

Nick, you're the master of the "we have to wait until both sides state their position publicly" cop-out. In the real world, it won't ever happen. At some point in time you have to decide, on the balance of probability, what you think happened and to form an opinion based on that.

Benali has no need to tell everyone what happened - as far as he's concerned, he's allowed back at St Mary's, Cortese is no longer there, he'll want to just move on, he can't control what his daughter or Matt's son says on Twitter. Likewise, Cortese won't say anything publicly about it, why would he? From his perspective, it's a private matter.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the saga ,the only ones constantly sniping at every opportunity...like Le Tissier on SSN moments ago, are the aforementioned players and the family members....dragging it on and on.

NC made mistakes upset people and so on apparently...but he didn't harm the club...the childish sniping does.

As I say I thank MLG and Franny for some past footballing memories...but that is exactly what they are past memories,Cortese was the here and now.and did a great job.

And didn't stoop to playing it all out in the media like some others.

A lot of bitterness because they weren't integral to the club anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the saga ,the only ones constantly sniping at every opportunity...like Le Tissier on SSN moments ago, are the aforementioned players and the family members....dragging it on and on.

NC made mistakes upset people and so on apparently...but he didn't harm the club...the childish sniping does.

As I say I thank MLG and Franny for some past footballing memories...but that is exactly what they are past memories,Cortese was the here and now.and did a great job.

Sorry, but where do you think the vast majority of the newspaper bull**** over the last few days and weeks has come from? :lol:

Whatever NC released about his leaving is one thing....we are talking about the spat with ex footballers.....so keep it on topic,and one of those ex footballers couldn't wait to have a dig at any opportunity.

NC had his spin machine in overdrive the last few days.....but not continually during his tenure.

I hate the slagging Tiss gets on here from a bitter minority, he's a legend and always will be.

I've even read comments knocking his association with Pinnacle, unbelievable really. When the club were in dire straits Tiss manned up when others stayed silent. Regardless of the ins and outs most fans respected that.

I appreciate what NC did and I didn't want him to go but he was a flawed individual.

It was a damned shame that he couldn't sort things out with Tiss and Benali but Tiss will always be a legend in my book, can't ever take that away from him.

LeTiss is a legend and always will be in Saints fans eyes, but in the opinion of some of us his behaviour since the administration, especially since Cortese has been running the club, has been somewhat unedifying.

Its therefore amusing to read that NC was a flawed individual in a discussion about the bad vibe between them, when MLT is also clearly a flawed individual...

And there in lies the problem... many quite rightly feel that because of the legend status, Le Tiss can do no wrong and should be cut some slack... must be Cortese etc. For others NC has done so much, and it was Le Tiss in the papers etc so Le Tiss should keep stum etc... Reality... its never black and white, despite what some on here seem to be saying and nailing their colours to one particular mast. THEY have BOTH done great things and BOTH done some crappy things - they are afterall BOTH human and I Like BOTH of them and dont expect EITHER of them to be perfect, no one is - so there is NO NEED to take feckin sides - those determined to TAKE sides and publically do so, seem hell bent on causing more rifts within the fan base - and its not gone unoticed that many of those posters who dissappeared because they simply had nothing to say when all was going wel on the pitch these last years, are sticking their heads above the pulpit once again now their nemesis has walked... pretty pathetic really

And there in lies the problem... many quite rightly feel that because of the legend status' date=' Le Tiss can do no wrong and should be cut some slack... must be Cortese etc. For others NC has done so much, and it was Le Tiss in the papers etc so Le Tiss should keep stum etc... Reality... its never black and white, despite what some on here seem to be saying and nailing their colours to one particular mast. THEY have BOTH done great things and BOTH done some crappy things - they are afterall BOTH human and I Like BOTH of them and dont expect EITHER of them to be perfect, no one is - so there is NO NEED to take feckin sides - those determined to TAKE sides and publically do so, seem hell bent on causing more rifts within the fan base - and its not gone unoticed that many of those posters who dissappeared because they simply had nothing to say when all was going wel on the pitch these last years, are sticking their heads above the pulpit once again now their nemesis has walked... pretty pathetic really[/quote']

To be honest all you're comments over the years are completely pathetic.

LeTiss is a legend and always will be in Saints fans eyes, but in the opinion of some of us his behaviour since the administration, especially since Cortese has been running the club, has been somewhat unedifying.

Its therefore amusing to read that NC was a flawed individual in a discussion about the bad vibe between them, when MLT is also clearly a flawed individual...

Flawed individual. Matty is a hero. Some fans have even tried to downgrade his playing ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on

As much as i love what MLT and Benali did for the club whilst they were playing their behaviour since Cortese arrived was ill advised at best, better to keep your council and let the facts come out by themselves. And anyone stating that MLT can do no wrong are being childish, there was wrong in both camps.

As for the 'If you knew what Cortese really did' brigade, put up or shut up, don't hide behind innuendo, if you're 100% sure of the story you've been told then behave like men rather than gossiping old women.

As much as i love what MLT and Benali did for the club whilst they were playing their behaviour since Cortese arrived was ill advised at best, better to keep your council and let the facts come out by themselves. And anyone stating that MLT can do no wrong are being childish, there was wrong in both camps.

As for the 'If you knew what Cortese really did' brigade, put up or shut up, don't hide behind innuendo, if you're 100% sure of the story you've been told then behave like men rather than gossiping old women.

Find out facts about Benali thing mate you may have a different story. Manji please politely go away.

Nick, you're the master of the "we have to wait until both sides state their position publicly" cop-out. In the real world, it won't ever happen. At some point in time you have to decide, on the balance of probability, what you think happened and to form an opinion based on that.

Benali has no need to tell everyone what happened - as far as he's concerned, he's allowed back at St Mary's, Cortese is no longer there, he'll want to just move on, he can't control what his daughter or Matt's son says on Twitter. Likewise, Cortese won't say anything publicly about it, why would he? From his perspective, it's a private matter.

Well if i have to take a view from FF's accounts i may be a tad unconvinced 'as there is no wrath like an author/historian scorned' , he admits himself that he was not happy with events and so not all of the episode perhaps was relayed in an even way. As the case was dropped before it came to court then i would lean in the landlords favour. Was it the floor, a swimming pool, the lack of gardening that was the initial problem? nobody seems to have given a consistant reason why there was a problem.

To be honest all you're comments over the years are completely pathetic.

Very funny - you should be on the stage! It just seems very odd that grown men let hero worship cloud their judgement and let common sense go out of the window. Taking sides like a playground spat, and trying to get others to join their side.... Nothing will ever detract from Matt's skill and what he gave to the club - but that does not make him infallable - same as NC has his faults - what is so 'pathetic' about that logic, or are you just so far up someone's backside that you fail to grasp this simple concept?

NC acted stupidly with all the Matt and Franny spats, and so did Matt and Franny with their very public retorts - end of. None of them acted very grown up - big deal, it happens, but neither deserves to be hung out to dry because of it - just suggests that your continued jibes and attacks on NC are motivated by some other agenda... just come clean and be honest about it... or you just look like a daft tw at.

Find out facts about Benali thing mate you may have a different story. Manji please politely go away.

Firstly you havnt got any facts just tittle tattle from the Dark Forces. The only story I have heard is Nicola was originally renting a house off Benali

and Mrs Cortese spilled some wine on Fannys carpet. Nicola refused to pay for the damage. Not saying thats true by the way but Im not hiding behind the

"ifyouknewwhatreallyhappened" nonsense.

Of course all that eclipses the escape from Admin, all our debts being wiped out etc and our rise to the Premier League.

I dont even understand the inclusion of Benali in the Southampton "greats". I can remember Benalis name always being booed when the team sheet was read out at the Dell.

But of course that has been erased from history by you and the revisionist minority.

You want some Greats ? Hurlock,Ruddock,Shearer, Alan Ball for starters.............Wikipedia them.

Firstly you havnt got any facts just tittle tattle from the Dark Forces. The only story I have heard is Nicola was originally renting a house off Benali

and Mrs Cortese spilled some wine on Fannys carpet. Nicola refused to pay for the damage. Not saying thats true by the way but Im not hiding behind the

"ifyouknewwhatreallyhappened" nonsense.

Of course all that eclipses the escape from Admin, all our debts being wiped out etc and our rise to the Premier League.

I dont even understand the inclusion of Benali in the Southampton "greats". I can remember Benalis name always being booed when the team sheet was read out at the Dell.

But of course that has been erased from history by you and the revisionist minority.

You want some Greats ? Hurlock,Ruddock,Shearer, Alan Ball for starters.............Wikipedia them.

You just show you're not really a saints fan if you include Hurlock and ruddock as greats.

I hate the slagging Tiss gets on here from a bitter minority, he's a legend and always will be.

I've even read comments knocking his association with Pinnacle, unbelievable really. When the club were in dire straits Tiss manned up when others stayed silent. Regardless of the ins and outs most fans respected that.

I appreciate what NC did and I didn't want him to go but he was a flawed individual.

It was a damned shame that he couldn't sort things out with Tiss and Benali but Tiss will always be a legend in my book, can't ever take that away from him.

It's not either or - both in their own ways have have been great for our club, let's just be grateful for that rather play happy families!!

Probably be sued if I said what happened or threatened to sue!

Well the truth is absolute defense against libel So if you're so sure you know the facts, you have nothing to worry about spilling the beans!...So come on then, out with it....Time to step up and defend your man Roger.

MLT = legend. On the pitch.

But come on, take the rose tinted glasses off - where would we be NOW if Pinnacle HAD taken over? I'm sorry, but if you don't do due diligence on the business partners you're supposedly getting into bed with before they use YOUR well earned profile, that's a BIG mistake.

The comments he's made since Cortese left has only proved to stir the **** more.

Don't know what happened, and I guess I never will - but we're talking about humans here, not some super beings on a pedestal.