Luke Shaw for England

Wiggles31

There's a big flaw in his game though, in that he doesn't have a right foot. Not sure I saw him use it once this evening. Just being overly picky.

Would be interesting to see how Shaw would operate on the right flank from time to time. Bale is great at cutting in from the right and firing in shots with his left boot. Like you suggest, Shaw quite often has to curtail an attacking move towards the box when he finds himself on his wrong foot. Still a great player though and, yes, can't be far off a sniff in the senior England squad now.

I can't envision a scenario he doesn't go to brazil.

At this rate he'll be starting.

It could be a World Cup of Saints.

Gaston

Lallana, Shaw

Lovren

Yoshida

Morgan.....I wouldn't be surprised, I don't think he's far away.

And if we get either Luis or Vela, then they'll be part of their nations team as well. Osvaldo possibly could be included, as he's only going to be on loan I reckon.

I can't envision a scenario he doesn't go to brazil.

At this rate he'll be starting.

Erm, no he won't.

You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves. He has an outside chance of going to the World Cup if he performs well and he's very lucky with injuries to others, but he's got great players ahead of him. Baines and Cole will go if fit, then he's got to compete with Gibbs who for my money is a better call for international football. He's had a good season and Champions League experience is important.

I think Shaw will go into the squad for the first round of friendlies after the World Cup, as Hodgson starts to build his next team. Not yet, and he won't replace Baines in the starting lineup easily even then.

Hodgson's already said 'no surprises' for the World Cup. Don't expect anyone without a recent call-up to make it in without big injuries.

Edited by DuncanRG

Erm, no he won't.

You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves. He has an outside chance of going to the World Cup if he performs well and he's very lucky with injuries to others, but he's got great players ahead of him. Baines and Cole will go if fit, then he's got to compete with Gibbs who for my money is a better call for international football. He's had a good season and Champions League experience is important.

I think Shaw will go into the squad for the first round of friendlies after the World Cup, as Hodgson starts to build his next team. Not yet, and he won't replace Baines in the starting lineup easily even then.

Hodgson's already said 'no surprises' for the World Cup. Don't expect anyone without a recent call-up to make it in without big injuries.

And even if there are big injuries Roy'll probably just shoehorn some Man United players in there playing out of position, it seems to be his style.

good that he's making all these forward runs but anyone feels it often leaves a huge gap at the back when he fails to track back or jrod doesn't cover for him., something opposing teams have been taking advantage of in recent matches. keep pinging in those crosses and I won't mind though!

Erm, no he won't.

To be fair, Cole not even playing for Chelsea and fwiw, I dont think Shaw would be classed as a surprise

What I find most interesting about Shaw's crosses, and it was very evident last night, is that he still seems to get the ball in when his opponent is tracking back with him and is level, when most players seem to need to be half a yard ahead of their opponent.

To be fair, Cole not even playing for Chelsea and fwiw, I dont think Shaw would be classed as a surprise

Hodgson's answer suggested that he meant nobody without a recent call-up would get in, that he'd seen everybody he wanted to ahead of his final decision.

What I find most interesting about Shaw's crosses, and it was very evident last night, is that he still seems to get the ball in when his opponent is tracking back with him and is level, when most players seem to need to be half a yard ahead of their opponent.

Has such a small backlift he can get the ball in before the defender has a chance to set.

Think his chance will come post Brazil unless Baines or Cole get a knock as I really don't see how Roy can look past those two. Shaw is going to be Englands next left back he just needs time i'm sure cole will quit international football after the summer and Shaw will be in the next squad after that. Would love to see him go to the world cup as proof to him that there isn't much he can't achieve as a Saints player!