"Lowe out!" sticky

mprobert

I have commented before that if you read most posts - on any subject, there comes a point when the subject gets changed to why Rupert Lowe is a demon and he should go. You can even play the game of count the posts before the subject changes, which is mildly amusing to begin with, but the novelty soon wears off, and you realise you need to get out more.

The change of subject is understandable to some degree, despite an arguable lack of facts, because a lot of people are rightly passionate about their club and hate to see it where it is. He is the chairman and so its all his fault, end of - and there is some logic to that argument.

For all the people trying to talk about something else however, this obsession is hijacking the other posts, and the protagonists will probably say "rightly so its the only thing that matters".

What about....crazy idea but it might just work, in the interests of thread reading efficiency, having a "why we hate Lowe / Lowe must go" sticky thread, and then leave all the other threads to team selection, points predictions, barmaids chests, greatest ever Saints left handed centre back that played in the inter-war period, transfer rumours, away ground pubs, next Friday's takeover, wtf itk or hcdajfu means tbf, etc etc

We could even have a sticky to see if the sticky would be a good idea - and so on

For some balance, just make it a "Lowe" sticky. Sounds digusting, but it might work.

As much as it pains me to say that I think he is the best we got right now...... Does the guy really deserve his own sticky????

Would it be better to have a sticky called "Please someone come and buy our club!" or "Saints For Sale" then as fans it can be our job to post the link absolutly everywhere in the hope that some rich bugger loses his marbles and snaps us up.

As much as it pains me to say that I think he is the best we got right now...... Does the guy really deserve his own sticky????

Would it be better to have a sticky called "Please someone come and buy our club!" or "Saints For Sale" then as fans it can be our job to post the link absolutly everywhere in the hope that some rich bugger loses his marbles and snaps us up.

As much as I want to see the back of the man for good as I do not like or trust him, I tend to agree that he is the best of a bad bunch at the moment.

Snipped>>I have commented before that if you read most posts - on any subject, there comes a point when the subject gets changed to why Rupert Lowe is a demon and he should go. You can even play the game of count the posts before the subject changes, which is mildly amusing to begin with, but the novelty soon wears off, and you realise you need to get out more.

Well I reckon it took 6 posts in this thread. Do I win this round of the game ?

I agree wth the sentiment of your post, even though of course it wouldn't work,as ths very thread has already proved. Personally I am sick to the back teeth of the repetitive anti- (or pro-) Lowe posts on here. I don't like Lowe either, nor Wilde for that matter, but for goodness sake let's occasionally just discuss football.

K.

I agree with you MProbert, I'm sick of talking about Rupert Lowe. Sadly, there are a number of posters on either side who just cannot help themselves by typing something provocative and often totally ignorant or untrue. One or two of them that have joined in the last few days sound suspiciously like the PR plants that invaded S4E in 2006 - surely the club wouldn't be that stupid again. The mods need to be really hot on this.

I know the mods are snowed under and do a very good job but the only way is to curtail the most provocative posts and posters and to pull the posts that are blatantly re-writing history and attempting to stir trouble. We know who those posters are. I may not agree with posters all of the time but I do genuinely respect them, their opinions and they are Saints fans at heart and "on our side". If I do agree with a poster, irrespective of their position on Rupert Lowe, I'll say so and if I don't I don't.

I have commented before that if you read most posts - on any subject, there comes a point when the subject gets changed to why Rupert Lowe is a demon and he should go. You can even play the game of count the posts before the subject changes, which is mildly amusing to begin with, but the novelty soon wears off, and you realise you need to get out more.

The change of subject is understandable to some degree, despite an arguable lack of facts, because a lot of people are rightly passionate about their club and hate to see it where it is. He is the chairman and so its all his fault, end of - and there is some logic to that argument.

For all the people trying to talk about something else however, this obsession is hijacking the other posts, and the protagonists will probably say "rightly so its the only thing that matters".

What about....crazy idea but it might just work, in the interests of thread reading efficiency, having a "why we hate Lowe / Lowe must go" sticky thread, and then leave all the other threads to team selection, points predictions, barmaids chests, greatest ever Saints left handed centre back that played in the inter-war period, transfer rumours, away ground pubs, next Friday's takeover, wtf itk or hcdajfu means tbf, etc etc

We could even have a sticky to see if the sticky would be a good idea - and so on

i think you sumed it up and how its killing this forum and it makes sense to give them their own thread to talk among their selves .

Damn fine idea. I know none of us can ignore the subject/man, but it gets boring in every thread.

i think you sumed it up and how its killing this forum and it makes sense to give them their own thread to talk among their selves .

Whereas I agree things do sometimes get a bit tedious on this subject to say it is killing the forum is ridiculous. If there were no posts on the Lowe/Wilde situation there would be about three posts a day. A very large number of the daily posts are on that subject. So, in fact it seems like the Lowe/Wilde subject is actually keeping this forum alive.

Whereas I agree things do sometimes get a bit tedious on this subject to say it is killing the forum is ridiculous. If there were no posts on the Lowe/Wilde situation there would be about three posts a day. A very large number of the daily posts are on that subject. So, in fact it seems like the Lowe/Wilde subject is actually keeping this forum alive.

Other than this one another 25 threads have started today and only three of them (12%)are about Lowe/Wilde, the rest are other football related matters. Granted some have been hijacked by the Lowe/Wilde debate but to say these two aliens are keeping this forum going is wide of the mark.

This is possibly the lamest thread since St Andrew was boring everyone.

The biggest threat to SFC ever and you want to keep it to one sticky, so all other threads can pretend that all is well bar the odd yellow card?

I could be having a wild stab in the dark here, but I'm thinking that you might not be the wildest enthusiast of the thread cos its not in perfect alignment with your opinion? oh well thats cool, its good that the forum provides the opportunity for people of all sorts of viewpoints to have a say.

"The biggest threat" is of course a subjective viewpoint, and I'm sure you know you're right, but keeping it to one sticky was just an idea to allow some other issues to be discussed, I'm not sure why discussing other issues, as well as Lowe out, infers that all is well. Didn't really understand the yellow card reference but I liked the solentstars idea of "their own thread to talk among their selves" though - nice one

how about a week with no mention, or hints, or codes about any board member past or present - unless mods start thread as there is some news?

We could try sticking to football threads?

I know some think that if you say Lowe out enough times Crouch is suddenly going to decide he wants to buy the club -but my personal feeling is that keep saying it is only losing posters on here

I can't speak for Steve or Baj, but I suspect they'd agree that The Saints Web isn't going to get into an agenda for either getting Rupert Lowe out, or keeping him in the Chair at St Marys, whatever their personal views. Therefore, I won't be sticking any Lowe Out or Lowe In threads to the main forum. If you want to talk about Rupert that much, the thread will keep itself buoyant.

What about a sticky to see if this should be a sticky then ????????? :smt117

Whether we like or not (I really wish it wasn't the case), Lowe & Wilde are the main attraction at SFC at the moment..........we must have done something really bad in a past life, to have ended up with these two in control of our club :smt100

how about a week with no mention, or hints, or codes about any board member past or present - unless mods start thread as there is some news?

We could try sticking to football threads?

I know some think that if you say Lowe out enough times Crouch is suddenly going to decide he wants to buy the club -but my personal feeling is that keep saying it is only losing posters on here

It's very difficult to talk about football at the moment.

Wow. 6 posts. And it was a Luvvie who dragged it down...

I'd like to know who the fook certain people think they are trying to tell others who can post and what can be posted on certain threads.

Sounds like they are taking the lead from their Messiah plc Chairman...

Nice one Alpine, you old charmer. I'm not sure who is trying to tell others who can post either, not sure where that came from.

I've always given you the benefit of the doubt in the past, but as I've said before its the joy of the internet that it allows anyone, no matter what their views (within the realms of common decency of course) to have a say. I would defend your right to keep posting.

Wow. 6 posts. And it was a Luvvie who dragged it down...

LOL @ you

just because I dont think like you I am a Luvvie? Dont think so alps. Ive come up with reasonable alternatives all built on big IF's and I have also put forward a decent plan to get Lowe moved on without ruining our club.

Sitting in your armchair calling names doesnt get anything done and to be honest makes you look a bit of a prat mate.

LOL @ you

just because I dont think like you I am a Luvvie? Dont think so alps. Ive come up with reasonable alternatives all built on big IF's and I have also put forward a decent plan to get Lowe moved on without ruining our club.

Sitting in your armchair calling names doesnt get anything done and to be honest makes you look a bit of a prat mate.

their like kids who resort to labeling people if you don,t follow their love affair with lowe every 5 minutes,sad people indeed.

they come up with their childish insult like lovies ,lowey and make themselves look prats.

i would like lowe to go but until someone comes in with the money ,its not gonna happen.

i am more interested in seeing my team win and will be cheering them on and not worrying about boardroom politics.