Calderwood to be sacked after Saturday?

Bailey

Have heard from a very reliable source that Saturday is judgement day as far as Colin Calderwood's Forest future is concerned.

Should they lose, he is likely to be given the boot with Billy Davies having already been approached about the job.

This will no doubt add a bit more spice to an already vitally important game. Lets hope Saints play their part in getting CC the sack!

Speaking to a Forest supporting mate i'm informed that Calderwood is garbage...

By that token i expect a Jan or Calderwood thread the second his sacking is announced...

Also i'm pretty sure Forest will be going after Nigel Clough...it's his destiny to take them back to the promised land and all the bollock.s...

Have heard from a very reliable source that Saturday is judgement day as far as Colin Calderwood's Forest future is concerned.

Should they lose, he is likely to be given the boot with Billy Davies having already been approached about the job.

This will no doubt add a bit more spice to an already vitally important game. Lets hope Saints play their part in getting CC the sack!

I think if we lose then the writing is on the wall for Jan and he will be gone early January...

By that token i expect a Jan or Calderwood thread the second his sacking is announced...

Also i'm pretty sure Forest will be going after Nigel Clough...it's his destiny to take them back to the promised land and all the bollock.s...

its probably his 'spiritual home'....until the Tottenham job is offered to him that is.

If we lose will we get Davies?

If my memory serves me right, did'nt a few on here suggest Calderwood for the saints job before JP got the job?

He was also suggested as Hoddle's assistant if GH returned to us at one stage.

An earlier post about Hockaday and the Swindon job carried a link to a Swindon paper which mentioned Calderwood as one of their preferred candidates.I can't see him leaving Forest for Swindon,unless he knows he is for the push,or perhaps Swindon have earmarked him pending him coming available again soon.

He was also suggested as Hoddle's assistant if GH returned to us at one stage.

An earlier post about Hockaday and the Swindon job carried a link to a Swindon paper which mentioned Calderwood as one of their preferred candidates.I can't see him leaving Forest for Swindon,unless he knows he is for the push,or perhaps Swindon have earmarked him pending him coming available again soon.

Calderwood is from Swindon and an ex-player, paper talk 2+2=5

Given Billy Davies' record for having an immediate, positive impact on clubs he's managed, I'd be very careful of what you wish for if I were you. Let's beat Forest and hope their board see sense and keep Calderwood in place for the rest of the season. ;)

what makes you think that? ,he is here for the rest of the season whatever the results as there is no viable alternative

Just as there is no viable alternative to Lowe, and no viable alternative to Gordon Brown either?

There is always a viable alternative.

Lowe probably has'nt even begun looking at the lower reaches of the Spanish league, the German league, the French or Italian leagues yet. There must be some managers there who have played in the World Cup sometime in their lives who now manage a third/fourth division team in their leagues and who would jump at the chance of playing for even a failing 2nd division English club.

Failing that, there are always the Maltese league managers. I bet most of those are really cheap ;)

I don't believe it would good for us if CC got sacked anyway.

Surely we want him to stay there ant continue to get bad results.

Watford under Aidy B were sinking, new manager comes in and now they have gone above us. If Forest did this we'd be in the bottom 3 - although if it happened to us then we'd probably still go down knowing our luck.

As I understand it Nigel Clough has already said he would be interested in managing Forrest at some point but he would not be considering leaving Burton until his kids had finished school.

I don't believe it would good for us if CC got sacked anyway.

Surely we want him to stay there ant continue to get bad results.

Watford under Aidy B were sinking, new manager comes in and now they have gone above us. If Forest did this we'd be in the bottom 3 - although if it happened to us then we'd probably still go down knowing our luck.

agreed, the longer failing managers stay the better from our point of view

what makes you think that? ,he is here for the rest of the season whatever the results as there is no viable alternative

Are you being serious? No viable alternative to a manager that has overseen 1 home win in 11?

Has us 4th bottom - we have bought in yet another coach to help him and brought in 5 players that are so poor can't get in over untried 17 year olds?

No-one is advocating bringing the 'Chosen one' but to say that there is no alternative to this failing Dutch experiment is a joke.

i dont see why we cant find an assistant manager looking for a break into managment or an ex player with coaching badges looking for a job in managment. unless they have a huge ego i cant see them asking for stupid wages if there unproven, regardless of how successful they were at playing level?

that would be my alternative. workable or not.

Are you being serious? No viable alternative to a manager that has overseen 1 home win in 11?

Has us 4th bottom - we have bought in yet another coach to help him and brought in 5 players that are so poor can't get in over untried 17 year olds?

No-one is advocating bringing the 'Chosen one' but to say that there is no alternative to this failing Dutch experiment is a joke.

Your'll notice I said no viable alternative, as in we don't have the finances for any kind of replacement that would be good enough to get us out the sheite creek, not only would we have to pay the new man prob nearly twice as much we would also have to pay off jan, plus I really can't see Lowe doing a u-turn on his own idea it would be an admission of failure and thats not something Lowe will ever do sadly

Your'll notice I said no viable alternative, as in we don't have the finances for any kind of replacement that would be good enough to get us out the sheite creek, not only would we have to pay the new man prob nearly twice as much we would also have to pay off jan, plus I really can't see Lowe doing a u-turn on his own idea it would be an admission of failure and thats not something Lowe will ever do sadly

The manager before Poortvliet was a viable alternative before Lowe dismissed him. And are you talking twice as much as the Dutch three, or just Poortvliet? Whether an alternative was good enough to get us out of the current mess is debateable. It is not a fact that somebody else costing an amount within our means could not do better than Poortvliet. That is pure conjecture.

The part about Lowe not doing a U turn isn't part of the argument that there is no viable alternative. That is part of a separate argument as to why it might not happen even if there are available alternatives.

But we do have the finances by shipping out those failed loans..Wotte, JP, Gorre etc to bring in someone with a bit more tactical knowledge and experience of the CCC.

The only way to get the crowd back at home is to win games and how many games have we drawn or lost at home due to the managers lack of tactics. A midget for the last 15 minutes against a side pumping the ball forward was a prime example. Plus leaving an untried 18 year old against 4 massive defenders then people moaning that he wasn't chasing down.

Coventry at home where we had players out on their feet and not replaced despite having 2 subs available and waiting till they equalised before then changing it.

I do however agree with you that Lowe will not back down this is all irrelevant but this is a football forum and a good place to air our frustrations and thoughts.

But we do have the finances by shipping out those failed loans..Wotte, JP, Gorre etc to bring in someone with a bit more tactical knowledge and experience of the CCC.

The only way to get the crowd back at home is to win games and how many games have we drawn or lost at home due to the managers lack of tactics. A midget for the last 15 minutes against a side pumping the ball forward was a prime example. Plus leaving an untried 18 year old against 4 massive defenders then people moaning that he wasn't chasing down.

Coventry at home where we had players out on their feet and not replaced despite having 2 subs available and waiting till they equalised before then changing it.

I do however agree with you that Lowe will not back down this is all irrelevant but this is a football forum and a good place to air our frustrations and thoughts.

good post, maybe the money for lallana and surman will end up being our pathway to new management, if we can think of a way to overcome the obstacle called Lowe :D