Barry Sanchez - A Man for One Seasons

Bearsy

Barry Sanchez (2012-14) was a man out of his time. A compact disk in an iPod world. A 10'000 spoons when all you need is a knife. He was an enigma, a curious mix of feigned ignorance and unwarranted arrogance. Here we remember the man, the cunt, the legend that was, Barry Sanchez.

The early days

Let us bow our heads and remember the birth of Barry. It was a strange time in the history of Saintsweb. The autumn culls had cut the site short of quality antagonists, and begat a large and Dune shaped vacuum at the heart of our community. Interweb abhors a vacuum. Digitally enrypted ciphers were distributed to the darkest corners of the internet where lurk the hackers, the paedophiles, the professional trolls, and they were drawn to us like a beacon. First through the gate was Barry. He entered the forum amidst a blaze of disagreeable opinions and 70s cultural references. Was there one amongst us not accused of being a Mavis Riley? A Ford Cortina? A Cannon and Ball?

The Dune years

For the better part of his life Barry was widely considered the reincarnation of renowned forum loki, Dune. The inference was clear, when one throws out a spider, and then finds a similar spider haunting your premises, it is natural to assume the pests are the same, or at the very least related.

Barry's own account of his back-story was that of a well-regarded poster on not606 forum, unjustly banished from that particular Kingdom by the Mavis Rileys, Ford Cortinas and Cannon and Balls who administer that realm. Emmisaries from Saintsweb were immediately despatched and found this to contain a certain veracity. A doppleganger troll by name of "Go Marching In" had indeed been haunting the not606 establishment for some years, and had been cut from their population like a gangrened foot. We immediately proposed a transfer deal to return Barry to his hometown club, perhaps in exchange for a couple of their less desirable skates, however these swap deals are notoriously difficult to negotiate and the transfer window closed before a postive agreement could be reached.

Their loss was our gain.

The Liverpool conundrum

One of Barry's fondest boasts was that he had the good fortune to live in the City of Liverpool. The idea that this circumstance could ever be a matter of pride was lost on the denizens of Saintsweb, and a certain suspicion ensued. First man of this battle was established conspiracist and lank-haired lounge dweller, Pap. The Prime Geek of Saintsweb. His local knowledge of ex-pats residing in Liverpool led him to conclude that no true soul would take pride in the event and immediately, to use popular parlance, "called bullshit".

A series of tests were administered, but Pap found the results inconclusive. Barry was resistant to the simple, manly, facebooking which would easily resolve the matter and Pap's suspicions grew. The matter was concluded however, and in the most spectacular fashion, as outlined in the immortal BAP - Barry and Pap Man-Date thread:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?49317-BAP!-The-Barry-amp-Pap-Man-Date-Thread-With-Photos!

Who could not warm to Barry after this? For a moment, a brief moment, he became more than troll. Barry was human.

Barry Sanchez vs Mavis Rileys

Had Barry restricted his activities to Muppet Show and Lounge, he would still be with us today. Nonsense and stupidity in these forums is not just tolerated, it is a positive requirement. However Barry needed wider scope for his contributions, and knew that the true glory of battle could only ever be won on the Main Board.

Reviewing his methods, it seems strange that they would be so succesful, but the best of men were quite taken in. The Frank's Cousins, the Wes Tenders, even the Bearsy's could be drawn into what roughly approximated a discussion with Barry, or tilting at the windmill of his mind. The formula was quite simple:

a) Post a disagreeable opinion that contains clear logical flaws

b) Be utterly deaf to anyone pointing out these clear logical flaws

c) Repeat disagreeable opinion, adding new, even clearer logical flaws

Barry's other favourite activities were to, with a staggering lack of self awareness, identify the stupidity of others, and to find out which forum posters were Mavis Rileys, Ford Cortinas or Cannon and Balls. If all else failed, they could at least be "Clappers".

Summary

The thing that might keep the discerning Saintsweb obsessive awake in the long off-season nights, is to wonder whether Barry was indeed the pure and natural troll of repute, or if it is possible, if there is the slightest chance that Barry really was a true representation of his posting history. I.e. Is it not possible that Barry Sanchez just really was that stupid?

Nevertheless Barry is gone, for the time being at least. We do not know at this time if his exclusion is permanent. For my part I hope he resurfaces as a valued contributor to our favourite Saintsweb fansite, Ugly Inside.

RIP Barry Sanchez, sweet Prince of Trolls

Edited by Bearsy

That is a touching and humorous eulogy, Bear. After the sterling efforts you've put in to begin what I'm sure will be a fitting tribute to the man, I feel that I am in a unique position to contribute, being one of the few people known to have seen him in the flesh. Though I have recently resumed some barbed banter with dear old Bazza on account of his trolliage, the time after the BAP man date was one of relative calm.

Barry Sanchez definitely lived his life in the pursuit of winding people up. Personally, I think it's a case of the devil makes work for idle hands. I do not know if he was a skate, although I asked him if he actually supported Saints and he said yes. He claimed to be from "Botley way".

Thing is, I know people like Bazza in real life. After meeting him, he got put in the box with all the other people like that; you know they're on a constant wind-up so you tend not to get too worked up about anything that gets said.

I love the fact that he used his dissenting voice as justification enough in itself, especially because the dissent mainly manifested itself as something knocking the team. Sure, we've all got our ideas on how teams might be improved, but I never got the sense that improvement was what Barry wanted. He revelled in twisting any piece of news as further proof that this record-breaking team was somehow shíte, and always would be.

Spare a thought for him tonight. He'll be rocking back and forth in his chair, going cold turkey. His missus is probably going to have the longest conversation she's had with him in weeks, and I expect her to be fully convinced of Saints' imminent destruction by evening's end.

That is a touching and humorous eulogy, Bear. After the sterling efforts you've put in to begin what I'm sure will be a fitting tribute to the man, I feel that I am in a unique position to contribute, being one of the few people known to have seen him in the flesh. Though I have recently resumed some barbed banter with dear old Bazza on account of his trolliage, the time after the BAP man date was one of relative calm.

Barry Sanchez definitely lived his life in the pursuit of winding people up. Personally, I think it's a case of the devil makes work for idle hands. I do not know if he was a skate, although I asked him if he actually supported Saints and he said yes. He claimed to be from "Botley way".

Thing is, I know people like Bazza in real life. After meeting him, he got put in the box with all the other people like that; you know they're on a constant wind-up so you tend not to get too worked up about anything that gets said.

I love the fact that he used his dissenting voice as justification enough in itself, especially because the dissent mainly manifested itself as something knocking the team. Sure, we've all got our ideas on how teams might be improved, but I never got the sense that improvement was what Barry wanted. He revelled in twisting any piece of news as further proof that this record-breaking team was somehow shíte, and always would be.

Spare a thought for him tonight. He'll be rocking back and forth in his chair, going cold turkey. His missus is probably going to have the longest conversation she's had with him in weeks, and I expect her to be fully convinced of Saints' imminent destruction by evening's end.

A fine contribution, Papster. It's hard not to feel that Mrs Barry Sanchez (if indeed there is one - you'll have a better idea than the rest of us :D) is the major loser in this particular deal.

Barry Sanchez (2012-14) was a man out of his time. A compact disk in an iPod world. A 10'000 spoons when all you need is a knife. He was an enigma, a curious mix of feigned ignorance and unwarranted arrogance. Here we remember the man, the cunt, the legend that was, Barry Sanchez.

Brilliant from start to end, and made complete somehow by that neat Alanis M reference.

Barry Sanchez - we looked upon his works, and my, how we despaired...

:lol: It's sad that he couldn't be with us to celebrate Man Utd bidding £27m for Luke Shaw. However even in his absense, I think it's safe to say that he Told Us So and it's one in the eye for the Mavis Rileys. I bet he's got some real "belters" to share :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I genuinely ****ing love you bearsy, if I could buy you a pint I would buy you a pint.

Lest we not forget what dunebazzstanmole brought to this forum, not just for a lesson in history but because within atleast 48 short hours he will be back as some other semi-drunken, straight jacket dodging, lawn mower stealing, gem of the mong board elite.

Excellent work Bearsy, makes me wonder if I have missed any entries on your world famous blog? Link it back again, as I've erased my browsing history.

SiP, the laborious and anal way of doing swear words is to embed some html around the letters which the swear filter picks up. Check out View Message Source. In this way, anyone can swear away to their heart's content. However, strangely, only bearsy bothers!

The early days

Let us bow our heads and remember the birth of Barry. It was a strange time in the history of Saintsweb. The autumn culls had cut the site short of quality antagonists, and begat a large and Dune shaped vacuum at the heart of our community. Interweb abhors a vacuum. Digitally enrypted ciphers were distributed to the darkest corners of the internet where lurk the hackers, the paedophiles, the professional trolls, and they were drawn to us like a beacon. First through the gate was Barry. He entered the forum amidst a blaze of disagreeable opinions and 70s cultural references. Was there one amongst us not accused of being a Mavis Riley? A Ford Cortina? A Cannon and Ball?

The Dune years

For the better part of his life Barry was widely considered the reincarnation of renowned forum loki, Dune. The inference was clear, when one throws out a spider, and then finds a similar spider haunting your premises, it is natural to assume the pests are the same, or at the very least related.

Barry's own account of his back-story was that of a well-regarded poster on not606 forum, unjustly banished from that particular Kingdom by the Mavis Rileys, Ford Cortinas and Cannon and Balls who administer that realm. Emmisaries from Saintsweb were immediately despatched and found this to contain a certain veracity. A doppleganger troll by name of "Go Marching In" had indeed been haunting the not606 establishment for some years, and had been cut from their population like a gangrened foot. We immediately proposed a transfer deal to return Barry to his hometown club, perhaps in exchange for a couple of their less desirable skates, however these swap deals are notoriously difficult to negotiate and the transfer window closed before a postive agreement could be reached.

Their loss was our gain.

The Liverpool conundrum

One of Barry's fondest boasts was that he had the good fortune to live in the City of Liverpool. The idea that this circumstance could ever be a matter of pride was lost on the denizens of Saintsweb, and a certain suspicion ensued. First man of this battle was established conspiracist and lank-haired lounge dweller, Pap. The Prime Geek of Saintsweb. His local knowledge of ex-pats residing in Liverpool led him to conclude that no true soul would take pride in the event and immediately, to use popular parlance, "called bullshit".

A series of tests were administered, but Pap found the results inconclusive. Barry was resistant to the simple, manly, facebooking which would easily resolve the matter and Pap's suspicions grew. The matter was concluded however, and in the most spectacular fashion, as outlined in the immortal BAP - Barry and Pap Man-Date thread:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?49317-BAP!-The-Barry-amp-Pap-Man-Date-Thread-With-Photos!

Who could not warm to Barry after this? For a moment, a brief moment, he became more than troll. Barry was human.

Had Barry restricted his activities to Muppet Show and Lounge, he would still be with us today. Nonsense and stupidity in these forums is not just tolerated, it is a positive requirement. However Barry needed wider scope for his contributions, and knew that the true glory of battle could only ever be won on the Main Board.

Reviewing his methods, it seems strange that they would be so succesful, but the best of men were quite taken in. The Frank's Cousins, the Wes Tenders, even the Bearsy's could be drawn into what roughly approximated a discussion with Barry, or tilting at the windmill of his mind. The formula was quite simple:

Barry's other favourite activities were to, with a staggering lack of self awareness, identify the stupidity of others, and to find out which forum posters were Mavis Rileys, Ford Cortinas or Cannon and Balls. If all else failed, they could at least be "Clappers".

Summary

The thing that might keep the discerning Saintsweb obsessive awake in the long off-season nights, is to wonder whether Barry was indeed the pure and natural troll of repute, or if it is possible, if there is the slightest chance that Barry really was a true representation of his posting history. I.e. Is it not possible that Barry Sanchez just really was that stupid?

Nevertheless Barry is gone, for the time being at least. We do not know at this time if his exclusion is permanent. For my part I hope he resurfaces as a valued contributor to our favourite Saintsweb fansite, Ugly Inside.

:lol::toppa:

Bit of a head this morning but this has cheered me right up.

The early days

The Dune years

Their loss was our gain.

The Liverpool conundrum

Summary

Utterly brilliant. :adore:

The early days

The Dune years

Their loss was our gain.

The Liverpool conundrum

Summary

Brilliant!

The No Bell-end prize for forum literature has found it's goal of the season!:D:D

I reckon Bearsy should be given a 'Get out of Ban Free Card' for his contributions to this forum. It would be a travesty if he were to be perma banned the next time he takes the p*ss out of a celebrity death.

Seconded. Though he may occasionally cause a bit of collateral damage, don't think there is any harm or ill-will in the Bear. However, I suspect that some kind of unofficial "oh, it's Bearsy - belay the ban hammer" arrangement in place.

Ultimately, this killed him. Shame eh,

I thought I'd pay my respects with this quote. Classic, it was.

I just went and read that thread.

Absolutely brilliant. Surprised it took so long, seeing as it was painfully obvious 95%+ of what he spouted was similarly stupid.

Also, I wonder (and clearly Pap is better placed to pass judgement having met the bloke) if he actually was just that stupid. I started to think he actually believed his own crap, and was just too blindingly dumb to realise it.

A few highlights include this 'pearler': http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?47905-Saints-master-plan&p=1822927#post1822927

Or recently, berating the clappers for their use of labels, whilst in the same post labelling half the board 'Happy' (apparently that is a pejorative term?), 'Deluded' and well, Clappers.

What's going on anyway? I leave the forum for 1 weekend and when I get back someone has done a hit on Barry. Any idea which mod hit-man took him out? Was it just a two week knee capping like I pay for bear to get now and again or a full on shot to the back of the head and relegation to the ugly inside (or forum hell as it is known) with Dune and all the mentalists?

i dunno really tokyos, i was bearsy on the spot cos i was ill this weekend & spent lot of time on toilet reading saintsweb, but the mods are v.slick & deadly & leave no trace. Chalet had give him a time out the night before & I think that Jimmy D was roundabouts. One or the other, I suppose.

I just went and read that thread.

Absolutely brilliant. Surprised it took so long, seeing as it was painfully obvious 95%+ of what he spouted was similarly stupid.

Also, I wonder (and clearly Pap is better placed to pass judgement having met the bloke) if he actually was just that stupid. I started to think he actually believed his own crap, and was just too blindingly dumb to realise it.

A few highlights include this 'pearler': http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?47905-Saints-master-plan&p=1822927#post1822927

Or recently, berating the clappers for their use of labels, whilst in the same post labelling half the board 'Happy' (apparently that is a pejorative term?), 'Deluded' and well, Clappers.

People have talked about the way I debate sometimes; I've heard the "need to be right" mentioned by a couple of posters, especially on the PS4 vs XBox thread. That particular thread was a case of knowing I was right more than anything else. In those rare "know I'm right" situations, I've only really got one objective - demonstrate it clearly to bring matters to a close. If people argue, and argue poorly, then of course I'll argue back and we end up with something a little more involved than a mere shutdown.

Barry was different. He didn't care so much about being correct - he just loved having people on the hook, plain and simple. Following my cheerleading the whole "Barry is dune" thing and getting that hopelessly wrong, I said "dude, you could have killed me at any time on this. Why didn't you?". He was simply having too much fun.

People have talked about the way I debate sometimes; I've heard the "need to be right" mentioned by a couple of posters, especially on the PS4 vs XBox thread. That particular thread was a case of knowing I was right more than anything else. In those rare "know I'm right" situations, I've only really got one objective - demonstrate it clearly to bring matters to a close. If people argue, and argue poorly, then of course I'll argue back and we end up with something a little more involved than a mere shutdown.

Barry was different. He didn't care so much about being correct - he just loved having people on the hook, plain and simple. Following my cheerleading the whole "Barry is dune" thing and getting that hopelessly wrong, I said "dude, you could have killed me at any time on this. Why didn't you?". He was simply having too much fun.

Yeah, fair points.

i dunno really tokyos, i was bearsy on the spot cos i was ill this weekend & spent lot of time on toilet reading saintsweb, but the mods are v.slick & deadly & leave no trace. Chalet had give him a time out the night before & I think that Jimmy D was roundabouts. One or the other, I suppose.

Hope you are feeling better now bear, I dunno why you keep eating your own poo? You know it upsets your tummy!!

I reckon it is a 2 weeker as you don't usually get permiban for simple trolling. Permiban is reserved for racial hatred against movies bout monkeys on another planet or when I use my special weasel powers etc.

It will be an interesting fortnight of speculation.....

It will be an interesting fortnight of speculation.....

Can you add a poll for us to vote on what we think will happen, so we can speculate with that extra bit of excitement!

Options could be;

-Perma ban

-Two week ban

-Don't give a sh!t as it's just Baz, would be more concerned if Bear was banned

-Hopefully a swap with Baz out & Deppo back in, just to upset Tokyo

Can you add a poll for us to vote on what we think will happen, so we can speculate with that extra bit of excitement!

Options could be;

-Perma ban

-Two week ban

-Don't give a sh!t as it's just Baz, would be more concerned if Bear was banned

-Hopefully a swap with Baz out & Deppo back in, just to upset Tokyo

This is good fun, will barry:

a) Be back in 2 weeks

b) Be back, but in disguise

c) Be never see again

d) Become more powerful than we can possibly imagine

I am so gutted. I felt we were just beginning to connect.

I'd even gone to the trouble of creating a new custom made Avatar for him.

And the most heartbreaking thing of all?

He said he LIKED it.........

5fj5gp.jpg

:lol: brilliant

My spies tell me Barry is ugly. I will make contact via his new forum bros to confirm. Any messages you want me to pass on let me know!

Edit: Already making friends!

F uck off back to the Mong board you utter helmet

4) Permanent ban, which in the history of sitting back and taking money on the internet has to be the harshest ban on saints web.

He got his money's worth. He must have one of the lowest cost-per-post ratios of all Full Members.