Southampton set to swoop for Schmeichel

golfdelsur

You said schmeichel wouldn't be a big statement, Casillas or Forster would.

Which IMO is like saying fabregas or joe Ledley would be.

Signing Celtics keeper would be, and signing Casillas would also be. Similarly in the striker department, substitute Schmeichel for Ings, Forster for Hernandez and Casillas for Villa.

I wonder if our apparent interest in signing Kasper Schmeichel might explain Boruc's strange non appearance at the end of season players lap of honour?

Any PL team needs at least two quality keepers of course, so he'll have to like it or lump it. But you can understand why the big man might be upset because he's been top class for us.

I wonder if our apparent interest in signing Kasper Schmeichel might explain Boruc's strange non appearance at the end of season players lap of honour?

Any PL team needs at least two quality keepers of course, so he'll have to like it or lump it. But you can understand why the big man might be upset because he's been top class for us.

Wasn't that because he had to rush off to catch a plane for a Poland match?

He had a plane to catch. Poland played tuesday against Germany with him captaining his national team.

I simply can't believe this as it's a player in a position we need to reinforce in desperately. And it's positive.

Get him, 2 new forwards (if Ad goes, 1 if not), a cb and a lb (if Shaw goes) and we're sorted. Typing that out though that is a horrible amount of changes to our little squad.

Why does anyone think that Schmeichel would want to come to SFC

Leicester have already made their intentions clear

Spend circa £150 to aim for CL Football

SFC's intentions are nowhere near that, so Schmeichel wouldn't even give us the time of day (quite rightly so )

Why does anyone think that Schmeichel would want to come to SFC

Leicester have already made their intentions clear

Spend circa £150 to aim for CL Football

SFC's intentions are nowhere near that, so Schmeichel wouldn't even give us the time of day (quite rightly so )

One hundred and fifty quid isn't a lot of money.

Assuming you mean 150M, if they really do have that to spend, then they're not going to get the same 150M worth that a bigger side might get. Like us, most of the players that they sign in the first season will be something of a gamble.

And besides, we've seen it all before. Leicester were red-hot favourites to be up there during our champ season, due to all the money and Sven, etc. Didn't happen. CL football in their first season back in the Prem probably won't happen either.

Remember when we came up and everybody thought we were a still a poor club even though we had money and ambition? We found it quite annoying when clubs not much bigger than us thought they could pick up our best players? It's kind of nice when the hypocrisy is on the other foot...or something.

Well yes 30 minutes would make a difference if it means he misses the flight. I don't care if he walks around the pitch waving and clapping and waving. I am a adult I don't need a player waving in my direction to make me happy. Maybe it would affect me if I was 12 but not 41