Mayuka targeting Southampton return after Sochaux loan.....

doddisalegend

Although he scored four goals in 21 appearances , he could not help secure their top-flight survival in France. four goals in 21 appearances , he could not help secure their top-flight survival in France.

Surely they mean "because he only scored"?

This bloke didn't even look like a footballer in the game he played for us. Maybe he'll adapt but I saw nothing to suggest that he would.

Not sure you can go that far, he showed flashes of a half decent player, spurs at home as well as villa he looked alright. Not sure he'll make it here though, bit of an odd signing really.

Can't say I've seen much of him (then again who has) but the couple of times I saw him on the pitch he seemed to have some pace certainly would have been useful after j-rod was injured even if it was just to give opposition defenders something to worry about and maybe stretched the opposition a bit. He has played so little it's hard to know if he is any good though the fact MP seemed to have so little interest in him doesn't bode well.

Edited by doddisalegend

Best of luck to him, I guess.

A bit unfair that as it's not like we have thrown away and wasted money on a load of foreign stars who have failed to live up to expectations. Forren, Gaston and Osvaldo to name but 3.

Funnily enough Sochaux only lost 2 of the last 14 matches Mayuka played for them, having been utter gash until that point. They were in excellent form until their last game.

He did only score one goal though.

the real question has to be ........who would he be challenging for a regular first team place?

to say he's a striker sounds encouraging ....but if he's played out of his best position we'll never see whatever it is he can offer to the squad. It's all down to the formation we play and if he'll fit in.

Interesting note:

In a Swedish TV interview (last year) ex-Saint Anders Svensson he said ....." Gordon Strachan told me (and Fabrice Fernandes) that he liked us both, but couldn't play us in the same team "

Anders (38 in July)... left Saints to return to Elfsborg in 2005, said that successive Saints' managers never played him in his best midfield role that he did so well in winning a record 148 caps for Sweden).

Mayuka continues to play for his own country in internationals, but might never get a look-in the Saints squad if he's not played in his best role .....whatever that is.

Best game i saw from him was a 10 min spell at Swansea away, he had two great chances when he came on, great pace which is something we lack, i really hope MoPo can get his touch and finishing up to scratch and we will have a great player on our hands, J Rod will miss at least the 1st 4-6 games, so this gives him a shot to do something in them games.

the real question has to be ........who would he be challenging for a regular first team place?

to say he's a striker sounds encouraging ....but if he's played out of his best position we'll never see whatever it is he can offer to the squad. It's all down to the formation we play and if he'll fit in.

Interesting note:

In a Swedish TV interview (last year) ex-Saint Anders Svensson he said ....." Gordon Strachan told me (and Fabrice Fernandes) that he liked us both, but couldn't play us in the same team "

Anders (38 in July)... left Saints to return to Elfsborg in 2005, said that successive Saints' managers never played him in his best midfield role that he did so well in winning a record 148 caps for Sweden).

Mayuka continues to play for his own country in internationals, but might never get a look-in the Saints squad if he's not played in his best role .....whatever that is.

Play players in there best positions to get the best out of them but we all know tgat

Nope we can't afford to have him hanging around because he is garbage and MP obviously wants nothing to do with him. We can't loan him out in the Uk because of work permit considerations so we need to be hunting down another band of suckers in europe to take him off our hands.

Give the lad a break FGS please…..as sammy said, he looked very quick at Swansea last season and that is something we really lack. With Osvaldo going, Jay Rod still injured, Ramirez who knows, it would only take an injury to Rickie or Sam and we are stumped. As ever, we need to start in 3 months time at full pelt and he should be given a chance to stake his claim, crikey, at least he wants to play for the team!!