Are Liverpool buying lambert just to unsettle the ship?

djharvey

Was thinking that maybe Liverpool are prepared to spend a relatively small amount on lambert to help unsettle the ship and then get the other main targets they want. Am sure they will play lambert at some stage and they realised that he would go there in a heartbeat. Pretty good tactic of theirs if it's the case!

No they have been tapping him up for ages. Brendan Rodgers sent him a fax and congratulations from the Kopites and Liverpool when he made his England debut, playing on the fact he was a Kirby lad.

Got to take your hat off to Liverpool every lever they have is pulling in the same direction, which is why they will be champions again soon. I hate them at the moment for walking over our lack of experience and weak leadership.

I think lambert could be the bait to ensure Lallana chooses Liverpool. Played together for 5 years and have a very strong bond. Plus they get a proven premier league goal scorer to come off the bench.

I think lambert could be the bait to ensure Lallana chooses Liverpool. Played together for 5 years and have a very strong bond. Plus they get a proven premier league goal scorer to come off the bench.

Very astute. Hadn't thought of this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They clearly need a striker but clearly can't upset the great partnership they have. An experienced talented goal scoring scouser delighted to be there and play from the bench, cups and start about 15 a season for 4m is perfect for them. They can spend their big money on defence and midfield. Ie Lovren and Lallana. If they got Shaw too I think they'd win the league.

And if we'd kept all of them would we have won this league ? Haha!

No they have been tapping him up for ages. Brendan Rodgers sent him a fax and congratulations from the Kopites and Liverpool when he made his England debut, playing on the fact he was a Kirby lad.

Got to take your hat off to Liverpool every lever they have is pulling in the same direction, which is why they will be champions again soon. I hate them at the moment for walking over our lack of experience and weak leadership.

And I'm pretty sure that when they are together on England duty, Gerrard has never been under any sort of instructions at all from that nice Brendan Rodgers to whisper quietly in the ears of Lambert and Lallana about what they could possibly get at Liverpool.

Oh buggar! I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but this could be possible!

sad face.

Its down to Lallana it depends on which offer (if any) SFC accepts and from whom that comes - then AL will get to decide

And I'm pretty sure that when they are together on England duty, Gerrard has never been under any sort of instructions at all from that nice Brendan Rodgers to whisper quietly in the ears of Lambert and Lallana about what they could possibly get at Liverpool.

Adam already knew what he can get at Liverpool before he joined up.

Lambert just interviewed on SSN - ambushed at the airport - and pretty much confirmed this. Said he and Stevie had been talking for 5 months or words to that effect (hint being exactly your point)

Hope non of our players ever get selected for England again as it seems to signify they have outgrown us these days! I now know why other smaller clubs prefer to buy foreign players only rather than developing home grown ones!

We had much more clout contract wise in the older days with the likes of Channon, Shilton, Wright, Williams, Watson, Chivers, Paine etc players only left we wanted them to!

If we are going to lose three players I would rather they went to one club, at least we are only strengthening one club not three,and then if they win the league we can claim it's our lads what done it!

Yes that will feel ****ing excellent… anyone got a razor blade spare?

If Lambert has been talking to Liverpool for 5 months, **** him, pull the plug on the transfer. I felt he deserved the move but the more I think about it the more I'm sure this has been hatched in the England camp. Furthermore tell Liverpool they can forget signing any Saints players.

Edited by derry

So how do you guys think this worked? It never at any point occurred to Liverpool supporting, Scouse Lambert that he might want to play for Liverpool. Then one day evil Steven Gerrard whispers in his ear at an England training camp and he goes, 'ooh that's a good idea I'd never thought of that'.

I doubt this transfer required any tapping up what so ever. Sure he would have talked to Gerrard but I doubt that had any impact on his decision. This is a dream come true for Lambert's whole life. Once Liverpool declared their interest the only issue was agreeing a fee. £4m is a very reasonable fee for a 32 year old, despite those on here who think he is comparable to Cannavaro or Laudrup.

As for the OP. No, just... no. It's not the case and it's not a good tactic. Why waste £8m (Supposing Lambert gets a 2 year £40kpw contract) to get Lallana. Why not just come to an agreement on the price with the club and a contract with the player, like every other player transfer ever?