Who Wants Crouch back in Control?

Snowballs2

I honestly believe we would be better off with Crouch, I feel he would bring in support to help ...perhaps someone like Saltz. He IS a true supporter of Saints.

What do others think?

Only if Lowe and Wilde sell up and leave the club forever. Crouch is a true Saint. He continues to pump thousands into the club's coffers. Unlike the Ex-directory lot who have contributed nothing towards the club since their lord and master got back in power. You'll find many of them sitting in the director's box enjoying their freebies. Shame on them.

I really don't want Lowe,Wilde or Crouch anywhere near SFC.

They all in their own way have made errors of judgement,an understatement i think.

They all have serious failings,which have been proved throughout the various tenures.

If Crouch comes back it will be just shuffling deckchairs,and i'm sure Lowe and Wilde will be skulking and sniffing around oncemore waiting for the smallest pr oportunity to stick the boot into crouch,the dirt digging and muck raking will carry on and as usual in the public domain and to the detrement of SFC.

We will just be going around in circles for evermore.

Sod off the lot of them,they have failed in all aspects,and monumentally at that.

If Crouch was the vehicle to bring in investment or persons that could actually run this club,then so be it,but i don't want him at the helm.

The fact that he is a supporter does not add any kudos to his ability to run this club,infact it probably is a hinderance and clouds his judgement.

All IMHO.

Let me think:

Crouch

Honest

Real Fan

Made Playoffs

More momentum with takeover

Best interests at heart

Gave us Pearson

Lowe

Liar

Not a fan

Got us relegated

No takeover - EVER

Own interest at heart

Gave us an unknown Dutch man

For the above reason I choose Lowe to remain in charge and will advise so at the next AGM

Edited by Glasgow_Saint

Crouch instead of Lowe ? Definately. I did feel at the end of last season that Crouch & Pearson were at last pointing the club in the right direction untill Lowe came back and Royally Fooked everything up,( AGAIN ). We only ever have had Lowe's version of the position of the club with respect to dealings with the banks etc, Crouch has pretty much kept his council except to say he had a working agreement with the bank in place prior to Lowe and Quisling coming back to savage the club for a second time.

All season I have wondered where we would be had Crouch & Pearson still been at the helm and I am fairly confident that we would be in a much better place in terms of results , league position , crowd attendance etc.

In this day and age lots of football clubs are in very serious financial situations , lots of clubs bigger than the Saints , It is just a very convenient big stick for Lowe to beat everyone with, everything that Lowe has done this year has been backed by" It has to be done for financial reasons" , sorry that is Bullshat , Everything Lowe does is to satisfy his own plans and ideas be they credible or not.

Has Crouch put himself forward ? has any one else ? whatever happened to Falsehope and mouthy Merrington ? all these pr1cks who publicly state they will not let this club die are allowing us to sail very close to it, Crouch had his opportunity and clearly missed it, let Davies, Saltz or any other multi individual step up to the plate and offer up an alternative

Crouchey over Lowey and Wildey any day.

Crouchey would put us back on track and I believe would put someone of the character and ability of Salz in the chair. We would then have a boardroom of business people and a new coach/manager and would not only survive but make rapid progress.

At least we would go in the right direction.

Whoever thought Lowey and Wildey were businessmen or even half a clue about running a football club/business.

ey, if it gets on your tits jasey/jonesy/nickey take your bra off and burn it.

COYR

Edited by ottery st mary
spelling pontey sorry could not help myself

If he brings back Pearson I'd be quite happy.

why in the name of all things sane would pearson walk out on leicester? there top of the league, have a good chance of going up and have reasonable finance,

If he came back he'd be under huge pressure to turn things around quickly, plus hes prob more than happy at leicester there is zero chance hed come back to saints it would be career suicide

I dont know who would be better. I still stand by the fact that RL's main objective is to stave off administration. He saw a way of doing so and implimenting them. I have always been doubtful about Jan but tried to give him a chance. I have given him until christmas and now believe he is not up to it.Rupert Lowe it is time to act.

In an ideal world, I would like Lowe, Wilde and all those associated with them, completely and utterly gone from Southampton Football Club. Equally, I would want Guy Askham gone too. No shares, no connection. I'd even hesitate allowing them season tickets.

But this could only occur if there was a complete takeover of the delisted club. In that case, I would be quite happy to have Crouch back, but only as a board member and adviser; not the decision maker. He has always meant well, even if things didn't go to plan, at times. He still has that essential Saints fan essence about him, putting the good of the club before his own good fortune. Something I believe Rupert never has had, and Michael Wilde has completely forgotten in the protection of his assets, which frankly, must be worth a fraction of their original cost.

In an ideal world, I would like Lowe, Wilde and all those associated with them, completely and utterly gone from Southampton Football Club. Equally, I would want Guy Askham gone too. No shares, no connection. I'd even hesitate allowing them season tickets.

But this could only occur if there was a complete takeover of the delisted club. In that case, I would be quite happy to have Crouch back, but only as a board member and adviser; not the decision maker. He has always meant well, even if things didn't go to plan, at times. He still has that essential Saints fan essence about him, putting the good of the club before his own good fortune. Something I believe Rupert never has had, and Michael Wilde has completely forgotten in the protection of his assets, which frankly, must be worth a fraction of their original cost.

Agree totally.

No chance. Crouch is completely inept. As if being a saints fan is enough to justify running the club. Given how utterly retarded some of the saints fans on here are, I don't see what benefit it really brings.

Not even close to being as inept as Lowe...remember this is the second spell of disaster under Lowe. Crouch is a teddy bear in comparison to Lowe, he is also a supporter of Saints whereas Lowe is just an ass

Surely if the choice is:

1) loathed man who is a self-confessed non-fan whose plan appears doomed and who has never put a bean of his own cash into the club

2) Saints fan who has put money into the club but may be a bit misguided

why are we even asking??

Crouch must accept that the club needs a plan. He may even work with the existing one.

But if he was in charge, asked the fans for their support - came up with ways to encourage it.

He would have a much better chance of bringing us together than Lowe, surely??

Does a single soul still support Lowe?

Even though I see merit in his ideas, and can find success among his failings, I understand he is a problem. Like Maggie - his time has come.

Crouch may be Heseltine but maybe he can draw out a John Major...

No chance. Crouch is completely inept. As if being a saints fan is enough to justify running the club. Given how utterly retarded some of the saints fans on here are, I don't see what benefit it really brings.

As opposed to the morons we have now? LOL!

Only four times ?

Adrian was 21, when I was 14, so you might be right,possibly backclassed 7 times. Mind you, we never called him names like retarded or anything like that, as he was a fellow Saints supporter and we all belonged to one big family. How times have changed. I wonder who has caused this family split.

I am sure, Crouchey, could begin to bring the family back together even some of the less fortunate that happen to be slightly retarded. I'II keep taking the medicine though for my problem that Adrian describes.

Adrian, calm down and don't forget to send my xmas present.

I dont know who would be better. I still stand by the fact that RL's main objective is to stave off administration. He saw a way of doing so and implimenting them. I have always been doubtful about Jan but tried to give him a chance. I have given him until christmas and now believe he is not up to it.Rupert Lowe it is time to act.

Now I know yer 'avin a larf...26.000 supporters at SMS many possibly are those who said that they would not return while Lowe was there.

What happened? instead of a display which would have meant a return of many as regulars...total capitulation by a team of "excellent prospects" (according to Lowe).

This is the man who expects everyone to dig deep and buy tickets many cannot afford at this time of the year. His selection of yet another poor manager confirms his lack of ability to recognise a good manager from a bad one...and you expect Lowe to have the ability and knowledge to stave off administration...you really are havin a larf

Adrian was 21, when I was 14, so you might be right,possibly backclassed 7 times. Mind you, we never called him names like retarded or anything like that, as he was a fellow Saints supporter and we all belonged to one big family. How times have changed. I wonder who has caused this family split.

I am sure, Crouchey, could begin to bring the family back together even some of the less fortunate that happen to be slightly retarded. I'II keep taking the medicine though for my problem that Adrian describes.

Adrian, calm down and don't forget to send my xmas present.

As he is an obvious supporter of Lowe I have to question his mental state...his postings are becoming more irrational by the week, I am sure he is barking mad

If Lowe really cared for SFC he would make himself available for Abuse Sessions, whereby 10 minutes airtime is auctioned off each week for him to sit in front of the cameras dressed as a duck whilst the highest bidder gets to lay into him (verbally of course). This could then be played on the big screens before matches as a "pep-talk" for the crowd.

I would be inclined to go more often if this happened.

Crouch over Lowe by a long, long , LONG way.

I still reckon that Lowe forcing Crouch out and then doing away with Perason may have been the death blow after a long beating for SFC.

There are so many comments on this thread that I agree with that it seems pointless to single any out.

Except the moronic contribution from adriansfc, of course..........

If Lowe really cared for SFC he would make himself available for Abuse Sessions, whereby 10 minutes airtime is auctioned off each week for him to sit in front of the cameras dressed as a duck whilst the highest bidder gets to lay into him (verbally of course). This could then be played on the big screens before matches as a "pep-talk" for the crowd.

I would be inclined to go more often if this happened.

As a hunting man, I think he might appreciate the opportunity to bob about in the corporate section while we take pot shots at him with a Lee Enfield...