Fraser Forster Joins on 4 Year Deal - Official

Wrensup

I wonder if Kelvin still being club captain has anything to do with that?

I'm sure it does, and by all accounts he is a great club captain, so absolutely no slight on him.

What difference does that make? Who cares.

It doesn't really make a huge difference, but might sell more shirts with a number one, which is obviously the most recognisable GK number.

Hooiveld got the no 5 taken off him when Lovren joined, and Cork got 8 taken from him so S. Davis could have it.

I would say there is more of a rationale for the no 1 shirt than for either of those, especially when you have signed a 10m keeper and told him he is the undisputed number 1. Just kind of makes sense to give him that shirt.

Especially when the guy who has it won't play.

What difference does that make? Who cares.

A first choice keeper and the clubs big new shiney signing should wear the number 1 shirt. Not a keeper who will not be near the pitch unless there is no choice.

It is not a slur on kelvin davis. Ask any professional goalie and 99% would prefer to be no.1

A first choice keeper and the clubs big new shiney signing should wear the number 1 shirt. Not a keeper who will not be near the pitch unless there is no choice.

It is not a slur on kelvin davis. Ask any professional goalie and 99% would prefer to be no.1

As they would all like to be the undisputed first choice in their respective clubs too.

Always took the retention of the no1 jersey for Kelvin as a show of respect for his years of loyal service, a sign that those who are loyal are rewarded.

As they would all like to be the undisputed first choice in their respective clubs too.

Always took the retention of the no1 jersey for Kelvin as a show of respect for his years of loyal service, a sign that those who are loyal are rewarded.

I personally find it very odd. His loyalty is well rewarded by the millions he earns.

It's obviously not a big deal, Forster seems happy enough. I don't see what big deal it is from a marketing point of view.

I personally find it very odd. His loyalty is well rewarded by the millions he earns.

Hardly, Kelvin could have earnt far more as West Ham's back up when we entered administration back in 2009. Instead he stayed and fought for us from League 1 level back to the Premier League.

Wonder if Artur would do that for us? I'm guessing no.

I respect Artur's abilities as a goalkeeper immensly, but Kelvin's place in the number 1 shirt is a wonderful reflection that we respect those who dig in for us. Kelvin has earned our respect.

Edited by Colinjb

Hardly, Kelvin could have earnt far more as West Ham's back up when we entered administration back in 2009. Instead he stayed and fought for us from League 1 level back to the Premier League.

Wonder if Artur would do that for us?

This is not about boruc. This is about spending ten million on a goalkeeper who can not wear the number 1 shirt because some other player has it for being loyal.

I persoanlly think Forster should wear the number 1 as he has been declared it by the gaffer and as mentioned above it makes more sense on a marketing front as well

This is not about boruc. This is about spending ten million on a goalkeeper who can not wear the number 1 shirt because some other player has it for being loyal.

I persoanlly think Forster should wear the number 1 as he has been declared it by the gaffer and as mentioned above it makes more sense on a marketing front as well

god, you are boring

Forster has his first team place assured and the millions you mentioned earlier which i'm sure will help him overcome any such disappointment. Kelvin is a club legend (overused word, but I feel he is) and that number one shirt is his until he officially retires, he has earned it.

Wonder if Artur would do that for us? I'm guessing no.

I respect Artur's abilities as a goalkeeper immensly, but Kelvin's place in the number 1 shirt is a wonderful reflection that we respect those who dig in for us. Kelvin has earned our respect.

Kelvin doesn't have lackey's *****ing on the internet about him losing his place in the team either. The whole argument from Irene is ridiculous. Every club needs a backup keeper, they are never going to play very often. It's a shame, but that's life.

Forster has his first team place assured and the millions you mentioned earlier which i'm sure will help him overcome any such disappointment. Kelvin is a club legend (overused word, but I feel he is) and that number one shirt is his until he officially retires, he has earned it.

Too bad your club legend couldn't cut it in the epl. And from what is said about the guy i think he might be bit embarassed bout keeping that number. Cause he is a very nice and very down to earth guy

Too bad your club legend couldn't cut it in the epl. And from what is said about the guy i think he might be bit embarassed but keeping that number. Cause he is a very nice and very down to earth guy

Who is your club Irene? Genuinely curious.

Seriously, how many goalkeeper shirts do you think we sell? I'd be amazed if it was more than a couple of hundred. Marketing the number 1 doesn't come into it.

Exactly. Can't imagine anyone is actually seriously giving a f**k about a 'marketing' opportunity here.

Too bad your club legend couldn't cut it in the epl. And from what is said about the guy i think he might be bit embarassed bout keeping that number. Cause he is a very nice and very down to earth guy

If he was that embarrassed about it he wouldn't have too much of a problem getting rid of it. Nice effort at a wind up though.

If he was that embarrassed about it he wouldn't have too much of a problem getting rid of it. Nice effort at a wind up though.

It isn't a wind up. It is a genuine point. I do not get a player who got a new contract even though everyone knew he was done and is well paid needing to keep a jersey number.

It isn't a wind up. It is a genuine point. I do not get a player who got a new contract even though everyone knew he was done and is well paid needing to keep a jersey number.

Will you feel the same when Artur wants the no.1 at Legia?

But you do have a preference then?

I did have a soft spot for saints. Then i realised having an opinion on here is not a good thing.

I do not wish you any malice or to be relegated and do think some of players behaviour have been ridiculous but then i have been insulted on more than one occasion for having opinions. Anyone can read back. Ive not insulted one person even when they have been insulting me cause i do no agree with certain others

I did have a soft spot for saints. Then i realised having an opinion on here is not a good thing.

I do not wish you any malice or to be relegated and do think some of players behaviour have been ridiculous but then iv have been insulted on more than one occasion for having opinions. Anyone can read back. Ive not insulted one person even when they have been insulting me cause i do no agree with certain others

you have not been insulted, you have been told you are making the same point over and over and over.

and to suggest Boruc is being treated 'horrifically' is plain crazy

It is a wind up. Explain why, if Kelvin Davis is embarrassed by it, he keeps the No.1 shirt?

I do not wish you any malice or to be relegated and do think some of players behaviour have been ridiculous but then i have been insulted on more than one occasion for having opinions. Anyone can read back. Ive not insulted one person even when they have been insulting me cause i do no agree with certain others

I'm a little confused here, some people have been blunt in responding to you and swore in dismissal. But I see no direct insults, is it the tone that's bothering you?

you have not been insulted, you have been told you are making the same point over and over and over.

and to suggest Boruc is being treated 'horrifically' is plain crazy

Been insulted plenty. And at no point did i say Boruc was. I said footballers can be and it is excused because they get paid a lot

Been insulted plenty. And at no point did i say Boruc was. I said footballers can be and it is excused because they get paid a lot

sorry, if you think footballers get treated 'horrifically' then you must be one

as you must live in the ridiculous bubble they do to even suggest such a thing

I'm a little confused here, some people have been blunt in responding to you and swore in dismissal. But I see no direct insults, is it the tone that's bothering you?

Ive been sworn at refered to as a troll? and stalker. Im a big girl so fine but at times it has been rather hostile

sorry, if you think footballers get treated 'horrifically' then you must be one

as you must live in the ridiculous bubble they do to even suggest such a thing

No i am not one but ive spent a long time around them and know at times these guys have to go out there and play no matter what is going on in their lives and get all sorts of abuse for it because of how much they are paid.

There are incidents all over world between clubs and footballers but fans seems to think these guys are not human beings because they earn millions. When you loose a loved one or a child the millions in your bank account do not bring them back

Horrifically may have been too strong a word to use given what goes on in todays world so i apologise for using it

Edited by irene

No i am not one but ive spent a long time around them and know at times these guys have to go out there and play no matter what is going on in their lives and get all sorts of abuse for it because of how much they are paid.

There are incidents all over world between clubs and footballers but fans seems to think these guys are not human beings because they earn millions. When you loose a loved one or a child the millions in your bank account do not bring them back

:lol:

im sorry, no matter what you say. a premier league footballer is never treated horrifically in the work place

getting paid millions of pounds to remain fit, dont go out on the lash every week (some do), stay off the drugs (some dont) and have a kick about every day......

you are havin a laugh as they say

I actually think you ARE artur boruc.

im sorry, no matter what you say. a premier league footballer is never treated horrifically in the work place

getting paid millions of pounds to remain fit, dont go out on the lash every week (some do), stay off the drugs (some dont) and have a kick about every day......

you are havin a laugh as they say

I actually think you ARE artur boruc.

Ive apologised and said word i used might haven been ott but millions dont fix lives heartbreaks

Horrifically may have been too strong a word to use given what goes on in todays world so i apologise for using it

Welcome to the real world. Do you think that this doesn't apply to ordinary people too?

If only they could quit. Alas they are forced to remain a footballer.

Irene - you did yourself a deeper and deeper hole. To be honest, any "abuse" you have received has been mild compared to what is often dished out. It is pretty clear that Boruc is well loved by the fans and most feel for him in this situation but hope he will be professional and fight for his place.

The club has a player on the books now who has lost a child and he was treated very well by the vast majority of all fans, not just ours. I have lost a loved one and no amount of money can bring her back, you are right, but to say footballers have it worse is crazy. I am sure there are some on here who have put their lives on the line for their country or have lost loved ones in that way. Don't look for sympathy for footballers on that front. They earn a lot of money and know that abuse is one thing they may experience during their careers. We all have to get on with our careers whatever is going on in our lives, most without any money in the bank to fall back on.

Irene - you did yourself a deeper and deeper hole. To be honest, any "abuse" you have received has been mild compared to what is often dished out. It is pretty clear that Boruc is well loved by the fans and most feel for him in this situation but hope he will be professional and fight for his place.

The club has a player on the books now who has lost a child and he was treated very well by the vast majority of all fans, not just ours. I have lost a loved one and no amount of money can bring her back, you are right, but to say footballers have it worse is crazy. I am sure there are some on here who have put their lives on the line for their country or have lost loved ones in that way. Don't look for sympathy for footballers on that front. They earn a lot of money and know that abuse is one thing they may experience during their careers. We all have to get on with our careers whatever is going on in our lives, most without any money in the bank to fall back on.

I only wish my best friends husband had played for your club then

poor millionaire footballers

I buried my best friend because her "poor millionaire football" husband was dragged half way across the world by his club for a pre season five years ago. They felt the 6 days they gave him to grieve was enough. Him having to leave was the final straw for her!

Anyway this is about the club signing Fraser Forster. Hope the guy does well as i dont wish him any ill

I buried my best friend because her "poor millionaire football" husband was dragged half way across the world by his club for a pre season five years ago. They felt the 6 days they gave him to grieve was enough. Him having to leave was the final straw for her!

Anyway this is about the club signing Fraser Forster. Hope the guy does well as i dont wish him any ill

Again, you make out these sacrifices solely belong to rich footballers

way off topic

Again, you make out these sacrifices solely belong to rich footballers

way off topic

I don't make out they do. I've got a friend who six months ago suffered same fate only her husband got a month off work.

I am not tarring every club with same brush either

Edited by irene