Fraser Forster Joins on 4 Year Deal - Official

Wrensup

Should hear from Forster today.

Be interesting to see what does happen with Boruc. If we let him go then we need another keeper IMO because the odds of winning a PL game with either KD or Gazza in goal are slim to none unless its against a really ****e team.

Summary: Would be a shame/poor to end up spending £10m on the GK position and still have awful back up.

The twitter stuff is about the Legia/Celtic situation. However, his Instagram post this morning suggests he might be thinking about leaving if you are one for following the logic of his hash-tags. Never know with Boruc though, could well be taking the p1ss. Would be a real shame to see him leave.

arturboruc

4 hours ago

Morning everyone!!! #boruc #poland #pogon #dolcan #legia #celtic #fiorentina #saintsfc #?

http://instagram.com/p/rjH8IdgHZg/?modal=true

Edited by Toon Saint

The twitter stuff is about the Legia/Celtic situation. However, his Instagram post this morning suggests he might be thinking about leaving if you are one for following the logic of his hash-tags. Never know with Boruc though, could well be taking the p1ss. Would be a real shame to see him leave.

http://instagram.com/p/rjH8IdgHZg/?modal=true

Bit sad if he's another player that takes to social media to have a whinge rather than being respectful to management and fans.

Fantastic signing, at long last we've got some real strength in the crucial GK department. Now we can stop feeling nervous every time Artur gets a knock.

I really hope Artur sticks around as he's still good enough to keep the jersey.

Artur vs Fraser, may the best man win and the club reap the benefits. That's the way it should always be.

It appears we've signed someone to replace and overtake Luke Shaw with the amount of times they can say 'you know' when being interviewed.

A few intellectual levels above Shaw I think!

Not that it automatically means you are brighter, but he comes from quite a privileged background and went to a £3,500-a-term school...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Grammar_School,_Newcastle

Helps explain why us Southerners can understand him without the need for subtitles compared to this...

Edited by Matthew Le God

Not that it automatically means you are brighter, but he comes from quite a privileged background and went to a £3,500-a-term school...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Grammar_School,_Newcastle

Helps explain why us Southerners can understand him without the need for subtitles compared to this...

What with this and James Ward-Prowse the barristers son we must have the most middle class squad in England,

A few intellectual levels above Shaw I think!

'Yeah definitely'

The way he responded to some questions was like he'll definitely be our number 1 and be playing against Liverpool.

Also, notice that whenever a player joins us...it's always about the premier league..and never about us =)

It appears we've signed someone to replace and overtake Luke Shaw with the amount of times they can say 'you know' when being interviewed.

Why do they always ask such boring questions? 'Do you think this is the right move for you?' what's he going to say FFS.

'Yeah definitely'

The way he responded to some questions was like he'll definitely be our number 1 and be playing against Liverpool.

Also, notice that whenever a player joins us...it's always about the premier league..and never about us =)

He did say it was special to be here. But it was also going to be special to play under Ronald Koeman, special to play in the premier league, special to work with Dave Watson everyday. Quite a few things are special it seems.

Think that is a really poor decision. I really hope Boruc is ok with it or we are back to square one, safe to assume this will be his last season with us as I doubt he will sign a new deal.

England goalkeeping coach, England 3rd choice keeper, plain as day that he'd be number 1 the instant he eventually arrived. Wait and see KD will be our Number 2 again before the month is out. There was an article about it not long back, transfer thread post 3501 IIRC.

I can understand Koeman's thinking. Krueger has said Ronald is here to build something.

You don't tend to build something with 35 year old goalkeepers with 12 months on their deal. Who knows, maybe Artur doesn't want to sign a new deal?

Forster is a solid replacement, anyway. I felt that Boruc should've continued, but it's Koeman's decision and I support that.

Didn't quite agree with what he said there, to be honest. A bit naive to say that. Would have been better motivating both players by suggesting we have 2 number 1's, both competing etc. Similar to what Jose did, Pelligrini did. It's likely he was brought in as number 1, but I don't think you come out and be so straight about it...

He's probably just put the for sale sign up otuside Boruc's house for him with that. One of the poorest things I think Koeman has said in interview, he's usually pretty flawless.

Comment from 'Laurab12' - a poster on not606 who joined shortly after Boruc signed and has always been clued up on his injuries/thoughts etc. etc.

"It's a shame as goal keeper position is going to be no different from last season when boruc leaves.

Have heard a rumour that club will slap a unreasonable price on him that no one will pay as he can sign a pre contract agreement with another club come January to keep hold of him. If that is right that be highly unfair. They've chosen to replace him. So let him get on with his career"

Dear oh dear. Did anyone expect us to sign a 10 million keeper and then sit him on the bench. Am loving RKs' directness: says things direct (just like van Gaal) and at least players/supporters will know where they are at with little room for any confusion.

Didn't quite agree with what he said there, to be honest. A bit naive to say that. Would have been better motivating both players by suggesting we have 2 number 1's, both competing etc. Similar to what Jose did, Pelligrini did. It's likely he was brought in as number 1, but I don't think you come out and be so straight about it...

He's probably just put the for sale sign up otuside Boruc's house for him with that. One of the poorest things I think Koeman has said in interview, he's usually pretty flawless.

Koeman says it how it is, that's his style. He done right by boruc telling him FF will be #1 rather than give him false hope about fighting for place. Boruc has a dodgy back and prone to a ricket so he can hardly be surprised we have got a new GK.

I can understand Koeman's thinking. Krueger has said Ronald is here to build something.

You don't tend to build something with 35 year old goalkeepers with 12 months on their deal. Who knows, maybe Artur doesn't want to sign a new deal?

Forster is a solid replacement, anyway. I felt that Boruc should've continued, but it's Koeman's decision and I support that.

Exactly that.

I feel a bit for Boruc, but no-one is stopping him from sticking around and being competitive and professional. I'm not sure how many Prem clubs or decent level European sides would be prepared to give him a good contract and make him their first choice.

Pretty obvious he was going to be no1. Boruc did well but isnt a long term option. Hope he stays, and if not we need another keeper as KD and Gazza arent good enough.

But I don't feel sorry for Boruc. He was a free agent when we signed him and we have got him back into the Poland team.

Football is a ruthless game and it is 100% the right decision for Saints, and that is all that matters.

Pretty obvious he was going to be no1. Boruc did well but isnt a long term option. Hope he stays, and if not we need another keeper as KD and Gazza arent good enough.

But I don't feel sorry for Boruc. He was a free agent when we signed him and we have got him back into the Poland team.

Football is a ruthless game and it is 100% the right decision for Saints, and that is all that matters.

Think you might find his hard work got him back in Poland team

I like boruc. But he came and took someone's spot.

He should wait his turn again, play a blinder and make sure he is not dropped next time

He replaced two crap goalkeepers. One who is past it and one who might not even make it. Unless forster is injured he wont step near the field if koeman is manager

He replaced two crap goalkeepers. One who is past it and one who might not even make it. Unless forster is injured he wont step near the field if koeman is manager

Then if Forster does get injured (like boruc did last season) then make sure you take the spot in the team back.

One of those 'crap' goalkeepers is the club captain and a loyal servant to Southampton FC. But you feel free to insult who you like.