Fraser Forster Joins on 4 Year Deal - Official

Wrensup

This will be a great signing. Only 26 and lots of CL experience. As much as I love Boruc he is getting on and made some awful mistakes last season. I'm sure Boruc will stay as well for the competition.

The only costly mistake Artur made was getting injured. Don't expect Forster to be perfect.

Good signing, clearly we needed backup in this position and it's been addressed by the board and Les Reed. Not only that we've signed a lad with bags of potential and already an England squad member.

Jolly good.. Keep it going Saints. I'm not greedy by any means but right about now I ca see the plan unfolding.. Sell off stars at peak of their games for whopping fees and reinvest wisely. Start over.. Much more healthy system and one that should enable us to avoid doing a Pompey or a Leeds United etc.

In fact, one could argue that this self sustainability is The Southampton Way!

A good business model

But i am a bit uneasy that we are establishing a conveyor belt for our talent to rival clubs.

And the big five seem to be able to tap our young players up too easily.

Only negative is that the Celtic fans think his kicking is **** and thats the main area Boruc is poor.

Looking at the Celtic forum, most feel he is a very good keeper, some feel he is the best keeper they have ever had.

One or two feel he is overrated, however the consensus is that he is excellent.

Have you forgotten the stoke goalie beat him from the other end of the pitch?

That was bloody unlucky and could have happened to any keeper in those conditions. He ****ed up against arsenal, but it's his confidence and eccentricity that contribute to him being a bloody good keeper .

Looking at the Celtic forum, most feel he is a very good keeper, some feel he is the best keeper they have ever had.

One or two feel he is overrated, however the consensus is that he is excellent.

Excellent yes, but the kicking was mentioned by many who praised him. Surely better than Boruc though - his kicking is the worst Ive seen from a pro keeper.

SSN reporting he setthe Scottish league record for longest period of time withou conceding a goal.

OK I know it's Scottish footy and he had a good defence, but... can't ask for more than that!

Brian Potter could have achieved that in the Celtic goal to be fair.

Did anyone else watch Celtic's champions league match (1st leg) recently? His kicking was terrible and he didn't look good at all. He should have saved at least one, or got a hand to it.

I was fairly excited by this signing before I watched that game. Just don't get your hopes up I'm sorry to say :(

Did anyone else watch Celtic's champions league match (1st leg) recently? His kicking was terrible and he didn't look good at all. He should have saved at least one, or got a hand to it.

I was fairly excited by this signing before I watched that game. Just don't get your hopes up I'm sorry to say :(

Maybe his head was in Southampton ;)

This will be a great signing. Only 26 and lots of CL experience. As much as I love Boruc he is getting on and made some awful mistakes last season. I'm sure Boruc will stay as well for the competition.

A very good signing yes.

For that sort of money, he hasn't come to warm the bench, and for that reason, I can't see Artur wanting to be No 2. IMHO, I think he'll want first team Football elsewhere

Maybe going forward we should base our entire transfer policy on watching a player in one game. Or in Forster's case we could trust the judgement of the England goalkeeper coach

who has worked with him at close quarters and can make a professional judgement in respect of his relative strengths and weaknesses.

I'm aware it's one game. I'm just saying don't make him out to be amazing (which he might end up being - I hope!) as I don't want you to get disappointed.

I'm sure he's had some great games too. I was just adding some balance as it seemed nobody had watched Celtic's recent games.

I agree though - his head was probably in Southampton! :)

I'm aware it's one game. I'm just saying don't make him out to be amazing (which he might end up being - I hope!) as I don't want you to get disappointed.

I'm sure he's had some great games too. I was just adding some balance as it seemed nobody had watched Celtic's recent games.

I agree though - his head was probably in Southampton! :)

Perhaps observers should trust in Saints & England goalkeeping coach, Dave Watson's judgement?

Great signing, England squad member with potential to improve. I like this asset stripping exercise.

It's nice to think there is at least one position we're gonna start this season stronger than last :thumbup:

GK Forster & Boruc vs Boruc & KD/G-Nigga STRENGTHEN

LB Shaw & Fox vs Bertrand & Targett WEAKEN

CB Lovren & Fonte & Jos & Maya vs Fonte & Jos & Maya & Stephens WEAKEN

RB Clyne & Chambers vs Clyne WEAKEN

DM Morgan & Wanyama & Cork vs Morgan Heads Gone & Wanyama & Cork & Erm Reed SAME

AM Lallana & Davis & Ward-Prowse & Ramirez & Guly vs Tadic & Taidir & Davis & Ward-Prowse & Ramirez & Isgrove maybe STRENGTHEN?

ST Lambert & Osvaldo & Rodriguez vs Pelle & Rodriguez(INJ) & Gallagher WEAKEN

Maybe his head was in Southampton ;)

Zing!

That was bloody unlucky and could have happened to any keeper in those conditions. He ****ed up against arsenal, but it's his confidence and eccentricity that contribute to him being a bloody good keeper .

Disagree, he knew it was windy but he just wasn't concentrating as hard as he should have. I love him but he can be a liability

The only costly mistake Artur made was getting injured. Don't expect Forster to be perfect.

Arsenal and Stoke away?

Obviously any keeper can make mistakes and Forster could have some howlers in him but the two Boruc made were inexcuseable. Not to mention his kicking is woeful. He's still a good PL keeper but I think the time is write to introduce some competition.

Right at the start of the summer there was talk of Boruc going back to Legia Warsaw to finish his career. Be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

Boruc as a backup is not a great option. Not that he isn't capable, but that he tends to go off the rails when he isn't playing....

He's a better option than gazza and Davis.

Right at the start of the summer there was talk of Boruc going back to Legia Warsaw to finish his career. Be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

Boruc as a backup is not a great option. Not that he isn't capable, but that he tends to go off the rails when he isn't playing....

I can see Boruc going and us getting in a competent cheap option who would probably be ok playing the reserve goalkeeper role - like Matt Jones at Belenenses who we were linked with in June.

Absolutely, but got to keep him right 'mentally'.

And yes him sitting on a bench he will get bored especially if with a 10 million signing unless Forster is horrendous he knows he won't step foot on pitch to play

Then why have we bothered to spunk ten million?

No idea honestly. I know these days prices are inflated but it us a lot for a guy who really isn't any better than boruc, only younger. He looked good in Glasgow as the league is beyond poor. Celtic could still walk it playing with no keeper. How well he did in Glasgow last few years is reflection on how poor scottish football has become

It's nice to think there is at least one position we're gonna start this season stronger than last :thumbup:

GK Forster & Boruc vs Boruc & KD/G-Nigga STRENGTHEN

LB Shaw & Fox vs Bertrand & Targett WEAKEN

CB Lovren & Fonte & Jos & Maya vs Fonte & Jos & Maya & Stephens WEAKEN

RB Clyne & Chambers vs Clyne WEAKEN

DM Morgan & Wanyama & Cork vs Morgan Heads Gone & Wanyama & Cork & Erm Reed SAME

AM Lallana & Davis & Ward-Prowse & Ramirez & Guly vs Tadic & Taidir & Davis & Ward-Prowse & Ramirez & Isgrove maybe STRENGTHEN?

ST Lambert & Osvaldo & Rodriguez vs Pelle & Rodriguez(INJ) & Gallagher WEAKEN

Can see that changing more over the coming weeks.

I know it is not quite equitable but Pellegrini has came out and said, with the signing of Cabellero, that City have "two number ones" and that both have a chance at forcing their way into his first eleven.

I appreciate Cabellero in the cheap to City aged 32 with Hart to compete with is not an exact parallel of our situation but I see no reason why the arrival of Forster can't force Boruc to work even harder. Up to Roko to keep both happy I suppose but, anywhere else on the pitch, it would be bizarre to have guaranteed starters.

Because you've stated 100% that he'll go. Mates will have insider knowledge, I'm not so sure about stalkers.

Take what you want out my posts. I don't need to be insulted for having an opinion that's very accurate

how can your opinion be very accurate without inside knowledge

It is inside knowledge. Sadly insulting me is better option but then your not exactly known for your friendly welcomes are you so I'll keep my opinions to myself

You really see that as a mistake? I don't. Freaky conditions maybe.

I was an obvious mistake but Borat has still been class for us.

I welcome this signing because we need strength in depth but it's needed far more in other positions at the moment. As long as we get a centre back, right back, attacking wide player and forward before next week we will be fine.