Fraser Forster Joins on 4 Year Deal - Official

Wrensup

Been told we bid £4m. That is laughable. No wonder we're struggling to bring in players if we're making utterly ridiculous offers like that.

I'd like to sell you a new car, there is a certain haggling procedure that is expected of everybody. Haven't you seen Life of Brian?

Been told we bid £4m. That is laughable. No wonder we're struggling to bring in players if we're making utterly ridiculous offers like that.

£4m is quite a lot of money in Scotland. You could probably buy the whole league for 10.

He's improving. did okay for Notts County and has now signed for Ipswich.

Didnt the Gazziniga deal include a swap for Tommy Forecast? - not that Gazziniga turned out much better.

ahh yes is tommy still at the club or released? seems we have signed some pretty horrendous keepers over the years. bialkowski, gazziniga, forecast, thats three........... is cody cropper one to add to that list or a better prospect?

Gazza must have shown something to get noticed.

He just seems to be forever hamstrung by fear when he is in the first team. Needs some consistent game time somewhere, probably not in front of millions of people (PL). Think he has a severe case of the wobbles, much like Bartosz prior to him.

That said, it doesn't look like he will be a Prem keeper.

He's improving. did okay for Notts County and has now signed for Ipswich.

Didnt the Gazziniga deal include a swap for Tommy Forecast? - not that Gazziniga turned out much better.

Worse than that. We got Forecast as part of the Bale deal. Anyone know what he's up to lately?

ahh yes is tommy still at the club or released? seems we have signed some pretty horrendous keepers over the years. bialkowski, gazziniga, forecast, thats three........... is cody cropper one to add to that list or a better prospect?

Last time I looked Tommy was only making the bench for a non-league club in North Kent ( Ebbsfleet or Northfleet I think).

He got a contract at Chelmsford last summer (wiki) but wouldnt be surprised if it was just one year and he's now been released

• 2 weeks later...
Obviously been ongoing for ages and glad to see another keeper in, just seems a bit pricey. Am I alone in thinking that? Clearly Dave Watson rates him.

What now for Artur? Hope he stays and fights.....

He's a good lad is Artur. He'll just get his head down. Football is all about competition at the end of the day, and it can bring the best out of individuals. We've now got ourselves 2 international GK's vying for the number 1 slot, an envious position to be in. Have always, always rated Forster. Even back in our L1 days when he was at Norwich, stood out a mile at that level.

Obviously been ongoing for ages and glad to see another keeper in, just seems a bit pricey. Am I alone in thinking that? Clearly Dave Watson rates him.

What now for Artur? Hope he stays and fights.....

Boruc is still a good keeper, but how much longer has he got at the top, week n, week out? He could go one of two ways - enjoy the challenge and becoming a senior pro in the background here, or get in a bit of a strop and try and work a move, not sure how long left he's got as first choice at a decent level club earning the kind of money he'll be on with us.

I wonder what Kelvin Davis will do as well?

He's a good lad is Artur. He'll just get his head down. Football is all about competition at the end of the day, and it can bring the best out of individuals. We've now got ourselves 2 international GK's vying for the number 1 slot, an envious position to be in. Have always, always rated Forster. Even back in our L1 days when he was at Norwich, stood out a mile at that level.

He won't want to lose his Poland spot so woulddn't be hugely suprised if he wanted to move on.

Good news, I see no reason why Artur won't stay, I think he will be keen to compete for the no.1 shirt. Not seen a lot of Forster, but remember a game against Barca where he made several top drawer saves. Boruc is a good keeper, but has his flaws

There won't be much competition for places. We haven't paid £10m for a No.2. If it turns out we have then someone will be for the high jump!

Ten million quid for a keeper we don't desperately need.

Suddenly very difficult to pretend this club is holding an asset stripping fire sale, isn't it?

Oh I don't know, we've got 5 goalkeepers with squad numbers already, it's only a small percentage increase in overall goalkeepers. :D

An improvement on last year as now we have good back up. We lost a lot of points when boruc got injured last year.

Forster isn't backup, if that's what you're suggesting.

Much as I'm loath to back up (ha!) Roger here, he's not suggested who will be backup, just that we'll have two decent keepers.

I see it as competition, I think the people saying Boruc is too old are nuts, and also think that Boruc is the kind of player who needs competition to be at his best, because he's hugely confident and he needs to be at maximum concentration to stop himself tipping over the edge into over-confidence (see Arsenal away).

There won't be much competition for places. We haven't paid £10m for a No.2. If it turns out we have then someone will be for the high jump!

We're buying a keeper to compete for the number 1 position, the one we've already got is also very good.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Boruc keep his place until he drops a clanger, similar to the Friedel/Lloris situation at Spurs when Lloris first came in.

We're buying a keeper to compete for the number 1 position, the one we've already got is also very good.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Boruc keep his place until he drops a clanger, similar to the Friedel/Lloris situation at Spurs when Lloris first came in.

Agreed. It would also represent a fairly sizeable risk to chuck Forster in at Anfield having only had a week's training with the back 4 he's got to play behind.