Fraser Forster Joins on 4 Year Deal - Official

Wrensup

One of those 'crap' goalkeepers is the club captain and a loyal servant to Southampton FC. But you feel free to insult who you like.

And i am sure in his day he was amazing. i dont dispute how loyal he has been for you either but boruc was brought in to replace a guy who was 'crap' at epl level.

You happy with davis replacing forster if boruc goes?

And i am sure in his day he was amazing. i dont dispute how loyal he has been for you either but boruc was brought in to replace a guy who was 'crap' at epl level.

What about boruc trains hard and waits for Forster to be dropped or gets injured and makes the shirt his own. ?

What about boruc trains hard and waits for Forster to be dropped or gets injured and makes the shirt his own. ?

Not as long as koeman is your manager and i wouldnt wish an injury on any player

And Forster would need to be beyond horrendous to get dropped

So, if forster breaks his arm and is out for 3 months at the weekend

Boruc will never play?

Injuries and form are part of football.

So you think boruc will sit around going well why not loose my place in Poland team and warm a bench in hope that his replacement does himself a serious injury?!

Why do they always ask such boring questions? 'Do you think this is the right move for you?' what's he going to say FFS.

They're so inane I find them embarassing to watch, and Im not normally embarassed by two people Ive never met talking about football. Switched it off halfway through.

So you think boruc will sit around going well why not loose my place in Poland team and warm a bench in hope that his replacement does himself a serious injury?!

He is under contract. He might not have a choice.

Edited by richard
I a word

He came is as Cortese's first choice. Was a moron over bottle incident and got dropped until Adkins had no choice but to play him as other two were so bad

But he was happy to wait his chance then when he was fumbling everything thrown at him.

Guess he is not as professional as others then

Good luck to him. Good keeper

He came is as Cortese's first choice. Was a moron over bottle incident and got dropped until Adkins had no choice but to play him as other two were so bad

Yep both Davis and Gazzaniga are nowhere near the standard required. A lot of phoney outrage here. Davis is crap at this level and everyone knows it.

Quite insulting to the club captain. Please keep your insults to yourself.

Read posts and you will see i clarified the 'crap' comment and he was 'crap' in epl. Im not saying he isnt a club legend or an amazing guy for club to have around but as i already put.

You happy with him to play if Boruc goes and Forster gets injured?

If Boruc goes then, as it stands, Kelvin is next in line. Whether I'm happy or not is irrelevant. I would prefer Boruc to be competing to regain his spot but if he's not prepared to do that, I'm sure Kelvin will give his all in a professional manner.

Read posts and you will see i clarified the 'crap' comment and he was 'crap' in epl. Im not saying he isnt a club legend or an amazing guy for club to have around but as i already put.

You happy with him to play if Boruc goes and Forster gets injured?

I'm not sure what other situation we could have. If Boruc goes and we have our current backup goalkeepers, it's the same as if Forster hadn't signed. However, for the next year Boruc is contracted to play for Southampton and we'll have him as backup. That sounds like good cover.

I'm not sure what other situation we could have. If Boruc goes and we have our current backup goalkeepers, it's the same as if Forster hadn't signed. However, for the next year Boruc is contracted to play for Southampton and we'll have him as backup. That sounds like good cover.

This is the point. I am not saying boruc has the right to play. Koeman doesnt rate him. Managers choice. Boruc though is too good to want to sit on saints bench or he'd have gone and sat on bayerns. He doesnt want to sit on any bench.

So he goes. Club have spent 10million to be in no better position if Forster is injured

This is the point. I am not saying boruc has the right to play. Koeman doesnt rate him. Managers choice. Boruc though is too good to want to sit on saints bench or he'd have gone and sat on bayerns. He doesnt want to sit on any bench.

So he goes. Club have spent 10million to be in no better position if Forster is injured

I believe the club have made this purchase as a longer term investment in a player. Not the short term.

Worst case scenario on this is that we are no worse off

I believe the club have made this purchase as a longer term investment in a player. Not the short term.

Well at 10million to buy, if you want to sell him on for more he has a hell of a lot to improve on.

And worse case here is boruc goes, forster injured, davis playing, a new team, relagation zone gets very close

Well at 10million to buy, if you want to sell him on for more he has a hell of a lot to improve on.

And worse case here is boruc goes, forster injured, davis playing, a new team, relagation zone gets very close

Well, boruc stays then

Unless he goes on strike like everyone else

Let's think about this from a different angle. What would you have preferred the club to do?

Well apart from the little matter of 10m squids.

I suspect Boruc is looking for a move to Legia at the end of the season, suspect he will stay with us till then.

Think that is a really poor decision. I really hope Boruc is ok with it or we are back to square one, safe to assume this will be his last season with us as I doubt he will sign a new deal.

Whoever gets the no 1 shirt it is down to the manager and coaching staff. It is excellent that we now have two decent keepers as you cant mess around with that position. I am sure they will both be professional. The top teams all have at least two quality keepers. It shows that the Board are serious about the squad doesnt it?

Edited by sadoldgit

Let's think about this from a different angle. What would you have preferred the club to do?

I know what your saying. If Boruc stays then the club have two excellent players. Bravo to them.

Problem is if Boruc goes then 10 million has been spent for nothing to change in goalie department

I know what your saying. If Boruc stays then the club have two excellent players. Bravo to them.

Problem is if Boruc goes then 10 million has been spent for nothing to change in goalie department

£10m hasn't been spent for nothing. It is a long term investment in an England keeper who is nearing his prime age

But he has a year left on his contract. That gives Saints a year to find/develop a (younger) replacement.

Boruc has been a bit injury prone over his time with us, especially by goalkeeper standards.

Why was he available as a free agent when he signed for us?

But he has a year left on his contract. That gives Saints a year to find/develop a (younger) replacement.

this the line that they will force him to see out that year and not allow him to go and play first team football elsewhere?

Boruc has been a bit injury prone over his time with us, especially by goalkeeper standards.

He left viola as he wanted to play in epl.

Cortese wanted him and he wanted epl so it was a match

Yep, medium/long term it makes sense.

I suspect Boruc is looking for a move to Legia at the end of the season, suspect he will stay with us till then.

Which would be fair enough.

That was exactly my point about last season. He's a class goalie, we all love the guy, but his niggling injuries where he either couldn't play, or played while semi-fit (due to inadequate back-up) meant we dropped points.

Forster is also an excellent goalie, I'd love to keep both. Not sure I buy the "if he doesn't play week in week out he won't play for Poland either" - many goalies play for their countries despite not playing every week and in the case of Poland, isn't Szczesny going to be their number 1 anyway?

I think Arsenal are going to have a very very good season this year and he'll get more plaudits.

I hope we can keep both to fight it out with each other and breed some decent competitive spirit that's been lacking in that area!

All things considered, its a very good signing. Not quite as urgent as a quality centreback, but good nonetheless. (If Artur had been drifting toward the last few months of his contract, with only Gazzaniga (obviously not good enough yet) and Kelvin (fine for emergency cover for a game or three, but no more) for cover, we'd have been feeling very shaky.

I think Koeman's comment: 'this is a signing that looks to the future' is the key thing here- the squad is being overhauled in double quicktime and not in the order RK would like. He's done well so far.

Who knows, maybe he's seen something in Forster's penalty-area management that means the centreback question is in a different light. (we still need one, obviously)

Didn't quite agree with what he said there, to be honest. A bit naive to say that. Would have been better motivating both players by suggesting we have 2 number 1's, both competing etc. Similar to what Jose did, Pelligrini did. It's likely he was brought in as number 1, but I don't think you come out and be so straight about it...

He's probably just put the for sale sign up otuside Boruc's house for him with that. One of the poorest things I think Koeman has said in interview, he's usually pretty flawless.

Agree with this, thought he could have been a lot more tactful about it. Strange thing to say about Boruc's contract being up at the end of the season and him having a decision to make as well- really made it seem as if he isn't wanted.

Oh, and its not a line, it was his choice to sign it. Paid thousands to be a pro football. tough.

Footballers can be treated horrifically all under the guise of tough they get paid a lot of money.

If the club refuse to let him go it is because it suits their ends. Cause they know till next summer they have two quality keepers.

Boruc is expected to act professionally having been told by his manager I don't rate you, you won't play and it's also been made public. But we won't let u go get on with your career cause you can't make us. Hardly very fair on a guy just wanting to play football

Footballers can be treated horrifically all under the guise of tough they get paid a lot of money.

If the club refuse to let him go it is because it suits their ends. Cause they know till next summer they have two quality keepers.

Boruc is expected to act professionally having been told by his manager I don't rate you, you won't play and it's also been made public. But we won't let u go get on with your career cause you can't make us. Hardly very fair on a guy just wanting to play football

That wasn't in the public quote, obviously I guess. But has he actually been told that he's not rated? If so, do we know why?

Koeman has never said that he doesn't rate Boruc and he hasn't said he won't play. He has just said that his No. 1 choice will be Forster. Hundreds of players in the EPL are in the same situation.

This thread is supposed to be about Forster, not Boruc.

Footballers can be treated horrifically? Can you give us a few examples?

Koeman has never said that he doesn't rate Boruc and he hasn't said he won't play. He has just said that his No. 1 choice will be Forster. Hundreds of players in the EPL are in the same situation.

This thread is supposed to be about Forster, not Boruc.

Exactly. Brouc was signed for us in the middle of Sept of season 12/13, while he was doing nothing much at all (wasn't even experiencing the horrific ordeal of being a 2nd choice keeper somewhere), wasn't fully match fit and was given the chance to come on board. He can't throw his toy's out of the pram just because the current manager prefers another player.

Why? Because everyone thinks they should put up with whatever because they get paid a lot of money.

There are lots of credible examples of people being treated horrifically in the work place.

A man being paid millions of £££ to have a kick about every day and remain fit is hardly one of them