Fraser Forster Joins on 4 Year Deal - Official

Wrensup

I don't make out they do. I've got a friend who six months ago suffered same fate only her husband got a month off work.

I am not tarring every club with same brush either

what on earth does this have to do with boruc fighting for his place

all you have demonstrated was the obvious. that footballers, some incredibly paid have the same life issues as the average bloke in the street

what on earth does this have to do with boruc fighting for his place

all you have demonstrated was the obvious. that footballers, some incredibly paid have the same life issues as the average bloke in the street

Your one going on about how lucky footballers have it

Irene.

I can only sympathise with anyone who has experienced any personal loss, but to suggest that the life of a top level professional footballer is anything other then a rare and privileged opportunity is quite illogical.

It will come with it's own unique challenges without question, but to go onto a forum of people who will never experience the wealth, adulation, attention and financial security that can be provided by it and expect unwavering empathy is a more then a little disingenuous. People who earn a pittance in jobs they detest have to do them in conditions far worse then those you have described with far less allowance for personal issues, if you are a professional you have to work around it, not demand concession after concession. If you don't like it, tough, you'll be out of the door within the minimal notice period with no financial comeback.

I'm sorry, but you are just reinforcing the perception that the world of a modern footballer is that of a cocoon far beyond what 99.9% of the world would call reality.

Edited by Colinjb

speak for yourself colin, i still hope to get wealth, adulation, attention and financial security! I didn't quite understand the story bout the woman who died because her husband had to go pre-season tho, I might be missing something bout that. It's probably impertinent to ask, but I don't like to leave things half done RIP

speak for yourself colin, i still hope to get wealth, adulation, attention and financial security! I didn't quite understand the story bout the woman who died because her husband had to go pre-season tho, I might be missing something bout that. It's probably impertinent to ask, but I don't like to leave things half done RIP

When you get in excess of 10k a week Bearsy i'll look forward to a pint. ;)

When I'm rich i will replace colin with better class of internet friends and he will just be on subs bench. If he don't like it, tough. He shouldn't have signed contract.

Looks like I need to re-read the Saintsweb T's and C's..... :rolleyes:

Irene.

I can only sympathise with anyone who has experienced any personal loss, but to suggest that the life of a top level professional footballer is anything other then a rare and privileged opportunity is quite illogical.

It will come with it's own unique challenges without question, but to go onto a forum of people who will never experience the wealth, adulation, attention and financial security that can be provided by it and expect unwavering empathy is a more then a little disingenuous. People who earn a pittance in jobs they detest have to do them in conditions far worse then those you have described with far less allowance for personal issues, if you are a professional you have to work around it, not demand concession after concession. If you don't like it, tough, you'll be out of the door within the minimal notice period with no financial comeback.

I'm sorry, but you are just reinforcing the perception that the world of a modern footballer is that of a cocoon far beyond what 99.9% of the world would call reality.

And you have just reinforced that footballers are exempt from reality because they live In a cocoon.

99.9 % know how peivledged they are as they come from normal unprivledged backgrounds

I'm simply saying millions don't make life ok like most of you seem to think they should be treated however because they earn so much money.

I'm not for one second suggesting someone working a 12 hour day on basic wage can compare to what a footballer does or earns

Edited by irene

And you have just reinforced that footballers are exempt from reality because they live In a cocoon.

99.9 % know how peivledged they are as they come from normal unprivledged backgrounds

I'm simply saying millions don't make life ok like most of you seem to think they should be treated however because they earn so much money.

Of course not yet stress, possible mental illness, tragedy, overbearing employers and various other hardships are not exclusive to footballers either.

Looking for sympathy from those who would kill to be in their position and live the dream that they are living is always going to be a fools errand.

Edited by Colinjb

Care to point out all the posts that most people on here have made that say this?

Came up plenty in ref to contracts and how they get paid enough to shut up and do as told

It applies to all walks of life, not just footballers. You sign a contract, respect it. It's why they need to be considered before entering into them.

You said that footballers shouldn't be treated differently because of the money they get paid. Fine, they should respect their contracts in the same way the rest of the world do.

Only thing is certain footballers get out them quite easily

Which is the root of the resentment.

The rules do not apply to them if they throw their toys out of the pram. Not only that, but they are more likely to be rewarded in many cases by behaving like a spoilt child. As we have found repeatedly to our cost this summer.

Which is the root of the resentment.

The rules do not apply to them if they throw their toys out of the pram. Not only that, but they are more likely to be rewarded in many cases by behaving like a spoilt child. As we have found repeatedly this summer.

Exactly which is wrong. Lovren was one of worst cases

Exactly which is wrong. Lovren was one of worst cases

Yet so many footballers are willing to do it, almost go against their previous behavior, sometimes humble roots and turn into these mercenary brats.

Do they actually understand what they are doing or is the extra five figure sum per week enough for it to leave their minds?

Adam Lallana is now a pariah in the city that launched his footballing career.... he so easily burned the bridges. I can understand ambition but there is no class or dignity in these people.

Yet so many footballers are willing to do it, almost go against their previous behavior, sometimes humble roots and turn into these mercenary brats.

Do they actually understand what they are doing or is the extra five figure sum per week enough for it to leave their minds?

Adam Lallana is now a pariah in the city that launched his footballing career.... he so easily burned the bridges. I can understand ambition but there is no class or dignity in these people.

Problem is agents talk them up and convince them they are better and deserve more and they believe their own hype

Problem is agents talk them up and convince them they are better and deserve more and they believe their own hype

So you understand that a lot of their behaviour is wrong...

Not every player should be tared with the same brush but can you now see why they may be such resentment?

So you understand that a lot of their behaviour is wrong...

Not every player should be tared with the same brush but can you now see why they may be such resentment?

Of course behaviour at times is wrong. But it won't change sadly as like everyone they have a me mentality

Of course there is resentment but as you say being careful not to tar all footballers with same brush is an idea

Interesting that Koeman has the balls to tell Boruc that Forster is his number one, yet nobody was brave enough to ask Kelvin Davis to take no 23 so that Forster could have the much more marketable no 1 shirt.

For a club that wants to improve commerically, surely it was a no brainer to give your new 10m goalkeeper the no 1 shirt, rather than your third choice who is unlikely to even feature in the league?

Kelvin doesnt strike me as someone who is overly precious, and he was given a 3 year deal even after it became clear he was not of much use as a player, so handing over the no 1 surely wouldn't have bothered him.

The Marketing Manager from Apple has some serious questions to answer, if she is still in the role.

Michael Jordan and David Beckham also should have taken number 1 then? I can't believe there's any value at all in giving a keeper number 1, their shirt sales are negligible anyway.

Ive apologised and said word i used might haven been ott but millions dont fix lives heartbreaks

I really don't get your point. Unless you're suggesting football clubs are murdering players loved ones. Family members passing away is a horrible time, but i really don't get how the club is treating them horrifically at all?

And yes, i swore at you earlier. Because i'd sat here and watched your posts descend further and further into farce, and witnessed your point blank refusal to see things from anothers point of view.

As for being insulted - i'm pretty insulted every time someone who earns more in one week than i earn all year complains about how bad they have things.

I really don't get your point. Unless you're suggesting football clubs are murdering players loved ones. Family members passing away is a horrible time, but i really don't get how the club is treating them horrifically at all?

And yes, i swore at you earlier. Because i'd sat here and watched your posts descend further and further into farce, and witnessed your point blank refusal to see things from anothers point of view.

As for being insulted - i'm pretty insulted every time someone who earns more in one week than i earn all year complains about how bad they have things.

But Boruc will probably be on the bench unless he can prove he's better than Forster. Don't you see how horrific this is?

Maybe Boruc is off to one of those many clubs that was queuing up for his services in the summer of 2012?

What has that to do with how you find modern footballers sickening?

Your chairman at the time wanted a good keeper and he wanted a epl club. Was a situation that suited both parties

What has that to do with how you find modern footballers sickening?

Your chairman at the time wanted a good keeper and he wanted a epl club. Was a situation that suited both parties

Where have I mentioned finding modern players sickening? I think you're getting a bit confused now.

I'm sure Boruc will be off to one of those many clubs that was fighting over his services in the summer of 2012 anyway.

Where have I mentioned finding modern players sickening? I think you're getting a bit confused now.

I'm sure Boruc will be off to one of those many clubs that was fighting over his services in the summer of 2012 anyway.

Sorry that was someone else. Your all blending into one.

And as stated above in 2012 the situation suited both player and club

If he is going to act professionally, how is he going to guarantee himself a move away by September if the club don't want to sell him? What is he going to do?

Believe that is his agents job to achieve what is best for his client

Sorry that was someone else. Your all blending into one.

And as stated above in 2012 the situation suited both player and club

Which clubs were queueng up for Boruc in summer 2012? There must have been loads of good ones, but I genuinely don't know, so please remind me.

End of day all you want is him sitting on saints bench as that is what suits southampton. Fair enough as it is your club

What happens happens. You have a new gaffer, he wanted a new first choice keeper as is his right