Fraser Forster Joins on 4 Year Deal - Official

Wrensup

His professionalism will not be an issue.

But he is entitled to want to leave for first team football

And what happens when the Cruyff turn goes wrong at his new club and he is dropped? Another move to guarantee first team football? What he is entitled to is the opportunity to compete for a first team place. I hope he gets that at Saints.

Fair enough, which is why I think a fair few have questioned FF's signing. We needed a back-up, not a replacement. Would be a sad day to lose Boruc.

Obviously the team manager and the director of football thought otherwise. Forster was signed to be number 1, there was an article on ESPN sports a while back, apparently

Koeman was not impressed with Boruc, how true that is I couldn't say, the fact that we've paid 10 million for a keeper tends to add weight to the argument though.

Why should he sit on the saints bench when he could have sat on bayerns for a lot more money? But turned them down as he wants to play every week and play for his country.

If club refuse to let him go then he will be a professional about it

Why didn't he go to Bayern then? The Forster story has been around for longer than the Boruc link to Bayern. And Koeman was quoted way, way back saying we were going to buy a keeper.

So don't pretend he turned down Bayern for our benefit only for us to suddenly sign another keeper. Simply not true.

He might want to leave, but he is not "Entitled" to leave.

But he is to sit on your bench? I recall Lovren and Lllanna and Shaw all being under contract as well. 2 of of those 3 simply refused to play for club again to get their move. Suited club as they got massive amounts of cash. Like it suits club to have boruc on bench

Why didn't he go to Bayern then? The Forster story has been around for longer than the Boruc link to Bayern. And Koeman was quoted way, way back saying we were going to buy a keeper.

So don't pretend he turned down Bayern for our benefit only for us to suddenly sign another keeper. Simply not true.

He didnt't turn down Bayern for southampton. He turned down bayern as they were looking for a number 2 and he didn't want to sit on best club in worlds bench. Why would he want to sit on southamptons bench if he doesnt bayerns

But he is to sit on your bench? I recall Lovren and Lllanna and Shaw all being under contract as well. 2 of of those 3 simply refused to play for club again to get their move. Suited club as they got massive amounts of cash. Like it suits club to have boruc on bench

Oh, f*ck off. The club pay him a significant amount of money, he has every right to WANT to leave, but if we say no then that's the end of the matter. If he wants to refuse to play and act like a c*nt then yes, we probably will let him go.

But he will have proven himself to be an unprofessional c*nt.

Players sit on the bench for every club in every league, why are you not kicking up a fuss about them? Where were you when we signed Boruc and Kelvin Davis was dropped to the bench?

Southampton Football Club does not exist to further the career of Artur Boruc, so stop being such a whingy, entitled b*stard.

if first team football was paramount and artur turned down bigger wages to join a club giving him first team football it should have been possible to negotiate a clause entitling him to leave based on a minimum number of first team appearances especially as he joined as a free agent.

he should probably sack his agent.

Oh, f*ck off. The club pay him a significant amount of money, he has every right to WANT to leave, but if we say no then that's the end of the matter. If he wants to refuse to play and act like a c*nt then yes, we probably will let him go.

Players sit on the bench for every club in every league, why are you not kicking up a fuss about them? Where were you when we signed Boruc and Kelvin Davis was dropped to the bench?

Southampton Football Club does not exist to further the career of Artur Boruc, so stop being such a whingy, entitled b*stard.

LOL. Kind of what I was saying. I think I prefer your version.

Yes he is entitled to sit on our bench. It's hardly crime of the century to expect him to do that is it?

Nice and polite there. Thank you.

Kelvin Davis was dropped to bench for being inadequate in the epl.

Just because he may want to leave and club wont allow it does not mean he is going to act unprofessional. Know that is hard for most of you to grasp going on the mercenaries you have just sold but lets not tar all people with the same brush

Have you no shame speaking to a lady like that ...honestly. Make your point but keep it civil.

He didnt't turn down Bayern for southampton. He turned down bayern as they were looking for a number 2 and he didn't want to sit on best club in worlds bench. Why would he want to sit on southamptons bench if he doesnt bayerns

Oh well, tough. Earlier in the thread I had plenty of sympathy for AB's position but your continual bleating has put paidop to that. I hope we keep him to every last day of his contract.

He's not here to sit on the bench. He's now here to provide competition and back up for the first team place.

Oh well, tough. Earlier in the thread I had plenty of sympathy for AB's position but your continual bleating has put paidop to that. I hope we keep him to every last day of his contract.

And you wonder why your players are all so desperate to get out the door

Not if he's still good enough.

Yes cause koeman will drop his 10 million pound signing. If you lot really think boruc will play anymore than forsters cover for injury then i guess i can see why as saints fans you'd rather see it that way than be looking at a 10 million player and same goalkeeping situatuion when the good backup leaves

Have you no shame speaking to a lady like that ...honestly. Make your point but keep it civil.

Plenty of people have made the point, and it's meant nothing.

Besides, what's the fact it's a lady got to do with anything - i thought our society was supposed to be equal.

Thus sit on the southampton bench

When he arrived he looked like he'd been drinking on the park bench.

After a dodgy start and a few hiccups along the way he has become a fans favourite.

We have now spent £10m on a GK the new manager thinks will improve upon AB.

Whether that is the case remains to be seen.

Meanwhile you appear to be doing a good job of turning a fair few fans against the man you profess to be a friend of.

Ha, exactly this.

Yes cause koeman will drop his 10 million pound signing. If you lot really think boruc will play anymore than forsters cover for injury then i guess i can see why as saints fans you'd rather see it that way than be looking at a 10 million player and same goalkeeping situatuion when the good backup leaves

Tell me something Irene, there was a report on ESPN football or something like that last week stating that according to "sources close to the club" Koeman was not impressed by Artur. Would there be any substance in that and if so why exactly?

Nice and polite there. Thank you.

Kelvin Davis was dropped to bench for being inadequate in the epl.

Just because he may want to leave and club wont allow it does not mean he is going to act unprofessional. Know that is hard for most of you to grasp going on the mercenaries you have just sold but lets not tar all people with the same brush

He was dropped because we had someone better. As Boruc will be now we have Forster.

And he's not going to act unprofessional? Great. Then he can provide back up for the next season, leave when his contract is up and move on - as everyone on here is happy to have happen.

When he arrived he looked like he'd been drinking on the park bench.

After a dodgy start and a few hiccups along the way he has become a fans favourite.

We have now spent £10m on a GK the new manager thinks will improve upon AB.

Whether that is the case remains to be seen.

Meanwhile you appear to be doing a good job of turning a fair few fans against the man you profess to be a friend of.

I have never insulted anyone on here. Been plenty insulted myself for daring to express an opinion.

And if true fans are turned against a player because of something i say then they aren't true "fans" in first place in my opinion

And now we're going in circles. Like I said before, Ramirez was dropped, Osvaldo was dropped.

Right now we have two very good goalkeepers, probably pretty evenly matched. Boruc is unfortunately starting to have age against him, but he's got a while left yet.

Are you saying YOU don't think Boruc is good enough to challenge any more?

And now we're going in circles. Like I said before, Ramirez was dropped, Osvaldo was dropped.

Right now we have two very good goalkeepers, probably pretty evenly matched. Boruc is unfortunately starting to have age against him, but he's got a while left yet.

Are you saying YOU don't think Boruc is good enough to challenge any more?

He is good enough but there is not a challenge here. Your manager likes twitter. See if he will give you an honest answer over his goalkeepers. he got half way there in public yesterday

I’ve already spoken to Artur, and Fraser Forster comes in as the first goalkeeper. Artur has to give real competition, and I expect that, because that’s the professional way.

“It’s a difficult situation for him, I understand that, but it’s football. We need competition in all of the positions

What is your agenda Irene? Are you just annoyed that a player you are close to has been superseded in our squad?

i get it. Making a point on here is pointless as naturally you all want what is best for your own club. Which is fair enough. Was an attempt for you all to see it from another point of view but sadly ive been mostly insulted for sharing views most do not agree on

I’ve already spoken to Artur, and Fraser Forster comes in as the first goalkeeper. Artur has to give real competition, and I expect that, because that’s the professional way.

“It’s a difficult situation for him, I understand that, but it’s football. We need competition in all of the positions

Seems pretty clear to me.

i get it. Making a point on here is pointless as naturally you all want what is best for your own club. Which is fair enough. Was an attempt for you all to see it from another point of view but sadly ive been mostly insulted for sharing views most do not agree on

this seems to be going round in many circles

Deconstructing each of your arguments and showing them to be baseless isn't insulting you.

And the perspective was that Artur Boruc isn't happy?

I would be worried if he was happy with the situation. Hopefully he can take his dissatisfaction as a spur to push on and try to change his manager's mind. If he wins his place in the team back he will be vindicated, if he doesn't then an amicable parting of the ways is probably the next step. It's not personal, it's just football were a contract in principle at least works both ways.

Sharing a point of view is fine, but you must respect that there will be many. Just because they are not those of the individual mainly concerned they are not necessarily wrong, if anything an outside perspective will often provide the most accurate reflection of a situation.

Edited by Colinjb

And you wonder why your players are all so desperate to get out the door

No, I don't wonder about anything of the sort, I have made my views known on all our departures. And none of our departures are anything to do with what anyone here types into a forum.

In fact I said on this very thread this morning how I understand why Boruc should want to leave and was sympathetic to his position. You have, successfully, changed my mind.

Well done.

PS - Saint Clark has nailed it in his post. Spot on.

If your point of view is that Artur should be disappointed/feel hard done by by the manager's choice then yes, many on here would agree. But you seem to be saying that he is entitled to first team football or a move. If he is not the manager's first choice then AB should try to convince him that he is wrong.

Koeman says that Boruc is in the last year of his contract so we have signed competition now rather than wait until we have no cover. Makes sense in that he might want to move on as a free agent next summer so as it stands we have good competition for the next 12 months at least. If he resigns then the tactic has obviously worked. If not then we either see if we have a younger keeper coming through or we purchase a second keeper for back up and competition to Forster (just like every other club).

Koeman says that Boruc is in the last year of his contract so we have signed competition now rather than wait until we have no cover. Makes sense in that he might want to move on as a free agent next summer so as it stands we have good competition for the next 12 months at least. If he resigns then the tactic has obviously worked. If not then we either see if we have a younger keeper coming through or we purchase a second keeper for back up and competition to Forster (just like every other club).

It's also possible that we have tried to get Boruc to sign an extension and he has turned that opportunity down. In this case the club have done really well to sort it out before we were in a desperate situation.

Interesting that Koeman has the balls to tell Boruc that Forster is his number one, yet nobody was brave enough to ask Kelvin Davis to take no 23 so that Forster could have the much more marketable no 1 shirt.

For a club that wants to improve commerically, surely it was a no brainer to give your new 10m goalkeeper the no 1 shirt, rather than your third choice who is unlikely to even feature in the league?

Kelvin doesnt strike me as someone who is overly precious, and he was given a 3 year deal even after it became clear he was not of much use as a player, so handing over the no 1 surely wouldn't have bothered him.

The Marketing Manager from Apple has some serious questions to answer, if she is still in the role.

Interesting that Koeman has the balls to tell Boruc that Forster is his number one, yet nobody was brave enough to ask Kelvin Davis to take no 23 so that Forster could have the much more marketable no 1 shirt.

For a club that wants to improve commerically, surely it was a no brainer to give your new 10m goalkeeper the no 1 shirt, rather than your third choice who is unlikely to even feature in the league?

Kelvin doesnt strike me as someone who is overly precious, and he was given a 3 year deal even after it became clear he was not of much use as a player, so handing over the no 1 surely wouldn't have bothered him.

The Marketing Manager from Apple has some serious questions to answer, if she is still in the role.

This i am glad to see brought up cause it is one of most bizzare things i have ever heard for every reason you have listed

I wonder if Kelvin still being club captain has anything to do with that?

What difference does that make? Who cares.