Fraser Forster Joins on 4 Year Deal - Official

Wrensup

Exactly. Brouc was signed for us in the middle of Sept of season 12/13, while he was doing nothing much at all (wasn't even experiencing the horrific ordeal of being a 2nd choice keeper somewhere), wasn't fully match fit and was given the chance to come on board. He can't throw his toy's out of the pram just because the current manager prefers another player.

He is entitled to play football somewhere he is wanted.

And I think you will find your new gaffer has no intention of playing him unless he has no choice or cup games when 2nd choice are normally played.

When he signed for club it suited both needs. He wanted epl. You needed a decent keeper

And I think you will find your new gaffer has no intention of playing him unless he has no choice or cup games when 2nd choice are normally played.

When he signed for club it suited both needs. He wanted epl. You needed a decent keeper

Hi artur

*wave*

There are lots of credible examples of people being treated horrifically in the work place.

A man being paid millions of £££ to have a kick about every day and remain fit is hardly one of them

This is what I hate re footballers. They get paid millions so fans think just because of that they can be treated however and how dare they want to better themselves

This is what I hate re footballers. They get paid millions so fans think just because of that they can be treated however and how dare they want to better themselves

Not really validates the point of a man being treated horrifically in the work place

Boruc is a top keeper, so if Koeman rates FF as better than thats great news for us.

If Boruc wants to win his place back, he needs to perform to the highest level.... Again good news for us.

If he wants to sulk and moan as he's lost his place, then he's not the man i thought he was. Where's his fighting spirit ffs

'Your new gaffer' who do you support Irene?

Boruc is a top keeper, so if Koeman rates FF as better than thats great news for us.

If Boruc wants to win his place back, he needs to perform to the highest level.... Again good news for us.

If he wants to sulk and moan as he's lost his place, then he's not the man i thought he was. Where's his fighting spirit ffs

Point is here unless Forster is chucking them in back of net it doesn't matter how hard boruc works he wont get his spot back in team.

He is wanted at Saints. As is Maya Yoshida for example, doesn't mean they can be guaranteed first team starts every week.

Point is here unless Forster is chucking them in back of net it doesn't matter how hard boruc works he wont get his spot back in team.

Sure he will. If FF's form is poor Boruc will get another chance. Its then upto him to hold onto it.

Boruc needs to use FF's arrival as motivation, not just give up.

Eye of the tiger ;)

Based on what exactly? There have often been cases where a player is "replaced" only to outshine his replacement. Boruc is immense, I don't see him giving up his spot so easily.

Don't agree with dropping Artur, if that's what happens.

He's nothing wrong and we finished the season strongly after he came back in - should be his job to lose till he f**ks up.

Poor decision.

First you agree with 'small fry' now I agree with you. Something odd going on here.

Don't agree with dropping Artur, if that's what happens.

He's nothing wrong and we finished the season strongly after he came back in - should be his job to lose till he f**ks up.

Poor decision.

That is my view.

But the management only rate him as back up that suits them

Boruc was only 'okay', nothing special.

But he had quite a few real clangers that have cost us points last season.

And with only a year left in his contract this is a perfect time to bring in a new and experienced goalie who can be our anchor in defence for 4-5 years. Koeman is absolutely right in stating that.

And with only a year left in his contract this is a perfect time to bring in a new and experienced goalie who can be our anchor in defence for 4-5 years. Koeman is absolutely right in stating that.

I agree with all your points except the first - I think Boruc is really, really good.

Edited by richard
Got the tense wrong.

3rd highest cleansheets per game, 4th lowest goals conceded per game, and 5th highest shot save percentage but yeah "okay" sure...

I think that Irene... sorry, I mean Artur Boruc has been magnificent for Saints since he got past the early troubles and cemented his place in the team.

For Koeman to bring a new keeper in and just drop Boruc like that is the first mistake he's made so far, in my opinion. It sends out the wrong message. Boruc has made the place his, he should be challenged to keep it, and Forster challenged to try to win it off him. Anything else is unfair and this type of attitude from the management team could cause the beginnings of unrest around the squad.

That said, the idea that footballers are treated horrendously with their million pound paychecks used as an excuse for that is ridiculous. Anybody who thinks that idea holds weight is either a footballer or someone close to one, and totally lacking in perspective.

I think this actually works out ideal in all cases.

Boruc is 34 and has one year left on his contract. All he has to do is play backup for Saints in his final year (still playing in cups etc.), before getting a pat on the back and a free transfer move. Something that will enable him to go and finish his career at his beloved Legia Warsaw. Would they be able to buy him now? I'm not sure, especially as they have just lost expected CL income.

If he is prepared to play ball, I think this could actually be a very amicable situation. Saints have a long term keeper, and Boruc can leave with his head held high, having completed a brilliant turnaround in the eyes of the fans given his dreadful start at St. Mary's.

"The name on the front is more important than the name on the back"

When Szczesny is picked ahead of him what's Boruc going to do? Sulk? Pick a new nationality?

Or train/play hard and put himself in contention?

Not quite the same, GB. Boruc won't be able to put himself in contention from the bench at SMS.

Not quite the same, GB. Boruc won't be able to put himself in contention from the bench at SMS.

That's not quite what I meant CB. What I mean is, he's not first choice for Poland and he wants to do everything he can to force himself to that no.1 spot. He should feel the same about his club spot.

That's not quite what I meant CB. What I mean is, he's not first choice for Poland and he wants to do everything he can to force himself to that no.1 spot. He should feel the same about his club spot.

Yeah, but why? His relationship to SFC is nothing like his relationship with his country.

As you say, he can't change nationality. But he can, relatively easily, find a club where he could be first choice.

Yeah, but why? His relationship to SFC is nothing like his relationship with his country.

As you say, he can't change nationality. But he can, relatively easily, find a club where he could be first choice.

So should every player that loses their place look for another club?

For what it's worth I think Forster should have to earn the right to the spot too. Artur's to lose IMHO.

So should every player that loses their place look for another club?

For what it's worth I think Forster should have to earn the right to the spot too. Artur's to lose IMHO.

Senior, established goalies are pretty unique. Don't go all Wes Tender on me, expanding out specific points to mile - wide generalisations.

It would be understandable to me if Boruc wanted to leave now. Was always a risk and I said exactly this when I made the point on here a few times this summer that we didn't need a keeper that badly.

Always amusing when players get linked away from us that the "but he wouldn't get game time there: eg Lallana is going to sit on the Liverpool bench" is the reason given for him being better off staying at Saints, inferring that playing regularly is the thing.

Goes out the window when we want to build a squad, though. Artur Boruc is probably a grade above sitting on our bench.

And your last line I 100% agree with. Actually think it is a pointless risk if FF starts against Liverpool. Let's try for some continuity.

This is ****, Boruc > Forster.

The club is run by a bunch of monkeys.

I'm sorry but Forster is better than Boruc. I do agree with the sentiment on here though that Koeman shouldn't have said FF was No.1 and should have made him earn it. However, if FF is going to be No.1 then we might as well start him from the off as the only way the defence will get used to each other is through game time...

My whole point is that i think koeman has handled entire situation wrongly. But he is the manager and he will sink or swim by his decisions.

But what kind of message is he sending out here to rest of squad? If i buy someone then doesn't matter how good you are my purchase will play ahead of you. That is not good for squad harmony

My whole point is that i think koeman has handled entire situation wrongly. But he is the manager and he will sink or swim by his decisions.

But what kind of message is he sending out here to rest of squad? If i buy someone then doesn't matter how good you are my purchase will play ahead of you. That is not good for squad harmony

oh well, good luck to boruc then on him going on strike for being treated so horrifically

Wow dog with bone ...

You not even willing to look at bigger picture. Clearly not from what you've written.

sorry, but a man getting paid millions of pounds to have a kick-a-bout and keep fit a few hours a day, suggesting that he is being treated 'horrifically' is not something I am interested in taking seriously

Wow dog with bone ...

Its a discussion. I'm not saying boruc has a right to play. There only though seems to be a few on here that see implications of damage this could cause in bigger picture.

Ive even stated it is Koemans choice and he will be one who sinks or swims by his decisions

It's not exactly saying that though is it? Forster is not going to be first choice purely because he was bought by Koeman, it's because Koeman views Forster as better (which is obvious seeing as he decided to spend big money).

Clubs strengthen all the time, it's up to the existing players to up their game. RK said Forster will be no.1 on arrival, it's now up to Boruc to convince him he is wrong.