Koeman speaking after bournemouth friendly

Dazza82

As I've just posted on one of the million other threads the longer this summer goes the more I think we need a complete fresh start without any of the hangover of corteses failed dream

If we sell everyone who is still a hung up on that dream and replace them with good quality who play for Koeman then I'm not to bothered

That's a big If.

If he's p1ssed off with what's happening then he'd make a pretty good poker player. Very upbeat and calm about the comings and goings. Sounded quietly confident and comfortable with the situation........

Well he knows he will get paid his contract in full and when Saints get relegated his reputation will

still be ok as everyone will know where the real fault lays. ( Looking at YOU KL )

RK was brought in to do a job and he seems unperturbed by the transfers out. He said there were players coming in so we just have to trust his judgement. If we do no worse than our first season back and are in a good position financially then I'll be happy. Surely Koeman must be aiming to repeat his Dutch League successes here. Keep the faith!

This 100%, i'm starting to think we have got the most stupid forum members on gods green earth. I would be embarrassed to know some of you personally the way you reacted this summer and totally blamed the current board for......There is only 1 person to blame for this and its Cortese, selling the players something he could not deliver because it wasnt his money to be making empty promises!!!

Without NC there would have been no ML ownership, no rise to the PL, no quality players left to give empty promises to, and we'd probably still be down in the lower leagues, swimming with the bottom dwelling fish. Assuming we were able to avoid liquidation.

Lots of moaning in the forum this morning, must of been a good night out on the ****.

Didn't watch the game but just watched his interview afterwards and I have to say I like Koeman, he seems to say it how it is, unlike most managers who blatantly lie through their teeth.

He also said we were close to landing a couple of players and whilst close is relative it brings me hope that in the next 3-4 days we have some new additions.

I suppose the problem is we are trying to land players using our normal methods of negotiation whilst other clubs know we have the cash and our urgency will get more and more pronounced as more people leave and the season gets closer so they can play hard ball.

The Lovren transfer has taken an age and thats with him being a tool and trying to force through a move, so players with a bit more loyalty to their club it may always take longer unless they are desperate for cash.

"It's part of the philosophy to keep the younger players at the club" says RK. Shaw gone and now possibly Chambers? Why does the Club spout this nonsense? Fans aren't daft. It is becoming clearer that we are now following some parent/feeder club model for the Top 6's benefit. RK seems cool about it, though, but perhaps he also sees Saints as merely a stepping stone. This is not how football should be and the fans are the ones to suffer as always. We are the equivalent of movie "extras" these days - fill the stadium to create the atmosphere for TV only.

"It's part of the philosophy to keep the younger players at the club" says RK. Shaw gone and now possibly Chambers? Why does the Club spout this nonsense? Fans aren't daft. It is becoming clearer that we are now following some parent/feeder club model for the Top 6's benefit. RK seems cool about it, though, but perhaps he also sees Saints as merely a stepping stone. This is not how football should be and the fans are the ones to suffer as always. We are the equivalent of movie "extras" these days - fill the stadium to create the atmosphere for TV only.

Honestly, we are employing a 'yoyo' strategy. Relegation, use the money to rebuild with young up and coming players. Have a couple of good seasons at the top. Sell and start the cycle again. Get used to it.

Yep so those rumours are obviously true. Not seen much of him other than the world cup so don't know if he will do it or not but looked good then.

Utter class player, was mentioned a few weeks back and said he'd be well out of our reach. Much bigger clubs tracking him.

So fair play Saints. Can cover LB and CB, but is a very good left back - attacking wise.

From 3:45

"We know the players, we will have new player in that position, because we need 2 good ones, with marcos, with target we have one & we're looking for the other one"

Pretty sure "we know the players" "We will have new players" "with Marcos" all but confirms Rojo :-)

From 3:45

"We know the players, we will have new player in that position, because we need 2 good ones, with marcos, with target we have one & we're looking for the other one"

Pretty sure "we know the players" "We will have new players" "with Marcos" all but confirms Rojo :-)

I'm pretty sure he said Margett not Marcos.

As I've just posted on one of the million other threads the longer this summer goes the more I think we need a complete fresh start without any of the hangover of corteses failed dream

If we sell everyone who is still a hung up on that dream and replace them with good quality who play for Koeman then I'm not to bothered

Sorry - 'failed' dream. Could you just enlighten us where. Cortese 'failed ' please ? We are selling his team, his manager has been replaced his youth team managers and his nurtured players.... I do not see quite how you can knock Cortese with the undeniable success he brought us....

I will be very happy and indeed shocked if Katherina can achieve even the same finish position next year let alone take us further which is where we would have gone under Cortese....

RK by the way is the coolest guy, to be so calm given our complete lack of backbone in preserving our great team from last year....

If we get spanked at Liverpool this is going to be one hell of a hill to climb this year.....

What also concerns me now is we seem to have a lack

Of ambition and a small club mentality again......

No, we are not Man City but it doesn't need to be confirmed......

Pecking order in sport is critical and conservative thinking and therefore ambition can develop into conservative achievement....

Sounds good to me. If we can get over inflated prices from rich people for the legendary Saints team of 2013-14 then well and good. We need to look to the future, not the past.

This 100% for me, as long as we make a shed load and replace with others of similar (or better quality) then alls well.

Let any player that wants to leave, leave, I want people that want to play for us, let em warm the bench for the big boys.

There are two interviews online. The one just after the whistle he seems upbeat and more or less his usual self. However in the official club interview he looks nervous, stressed, always looking away from the interviewer and with his eyes blinking non stop. Blinking is a sign of discomfort or more to the point "lying.

Could be he'd just heard the reports of Chambers going to Arsenal when he'd believed he was sick. Maybe he too is being lied to, or beginning to ask questions like all of the supporters. There is a big different in the touchline interview and the later official one.

I'm pretty sure he said Margett not Marcos.

Sadly I agree. Prone myself to sometimes start saying one word, and instantaneously changing it without real thought. Happened just this morning when I called the missus 'darling' but changed it to 'love' and ended up calling her 'dove'.

Let's hope he doesn't make the same mistake when speaking about Pelle, lest people start speculating we are about to sign a certain Israeli spoonbender.

God you're stupid. Cortese left because he knew he couldn't fulfil the bullsh11t he'd been spinning to get players to sign. It's no coincidence that he bailed when our season was guaranteed to come to nothing, and not a few months earlier when we were top 3.

as above...... with a large bonus payment from KL to NC for a job well done.