Koeman speaking after bournemouth friendly

Dazza82

Put it this way: I'm starting to see why poch left now. He knew there was no future here. He's still living in soton. The players knew what was coming too. Can't blame them really. This wouldn't be happening if cortèse was here. He tried to sort this but kl didn't listen.

Put it this way: I'm starting to see why poch left now. He knew there was no future here. He's still living in soton. The players knew what was coming too. Can't blame them really. This wouldn't be happening if cortèse was here. He tried to sort this but kl didn't listen.

Adam and Luke at least pretty much admitted they decided they wanted to leave before last season even ended.

Koeman says

Lovren will go to Liverpool

All rumours regarding chambers.

We are Southampton, we are not man city. Understand players wanting to leave

Young players will come in

Rumours about Forster

Difficult to put targett as a starter

We will have a new left back that will come in

So, Shaw, AL, Lambert would have rejected their moves and £££ if NC remained ? Do you really believe that ?

Koeman says

Lovren will go to Liverpool

All rumours regarding chambers.

We are Southampton, we are not man city. Understand players wanting to leave

Young players will come in

Rumours about Forster

Difficult to put targett as a starter

We will have a new left back that will come in

Clarification please? Did he insinuate Chambers has not been subject to bids?

As I've just posted on one of the million other threads the longer this summer goes the more I think we need a complete fresh start without any of the hangover of corteses failed dream

If we sell everyone who is still a hung up on that dream and replace them with good quality who play for Koeman then I'm not to bothered

So, Shaw, AL, Lambert would have rejected their moves and £££ if NC remained ? Do you really believe that ?

I honestly do not believe we would lose 5-6 players this window

I believe it all would have been managed miles better

I believe we would have lost a couple but not all. If chambers, Morgan, lovren go

Clarification please? Did he insinuate Chambers has not been subject to bids?

He said it was all rumours as was Forster.

But he did qualify it by saying players will leave as we are not man city

He did say that we will have a new left back to come in

As I've just posted on one of the million other threads the longer this summer goes the more I think we need a complete fresh start without any of the hangover of corteses failed dream

If we sell everyone who is still a hung up on that dream and replace them with good quality who play for Koeman then I'm not to bothered

Thats quite possibly what wi happen. By next summer all of Fonte, Hooiveld, JWP, Jay Rod, Schneiderlin, Cork, Ramirez could be gone for one reason or another.

Pretty damning that no first team regular has signed a new contract since Cortese left.

Managing Saints this season will be the toughest PL job IMO.

He said it was all rumours as was Forster.

But he did qualify it by saying players will leave as we are not man city

He did say that we will have a new left back to come in

FFS, I like to consider myself an optimist but I give up, this is ridiculous and can only be laid at the feet of the board. No rubbish about, "we are getting good players in, we are not Man City" this is insane, I accept 1 or 2 player sales a year for big bucks, this is football after all but this? This is a fire sale, (another term I have flat out refused to use until now) there are no two ways about it, our team is being demolished, replacing the entire first 11 with cut price substitutes is possibly the worst strategy since Pompey's buy 40 year olds with no resale value and pay them 100k a week masterpiece.

Thats quite possibly what wi happen. By next summer all of Fonte, Hooiveld, JWP, Jay Rod, Schneiderlin, Cork, Ramirez could be gone for one reason or another.

Pretty damning that no first team regular has signed a new contract since Cortese left.

Managing Saints this season will be the toughest PL job IMO.

The toughness will depend on who comes in but I feel that those who are still here and playing by the start of the season will stay longer as long as there is no onfield disasters

Interesting times ahead for sure but not necessarily the doom and gloom predicted

Just on a side note a fellow australian saints supporter has just returned from holiday and said that the general opinion in the city was positive about Koeman and the season ahead, would be interested to know the feelings of those that don't post on here

Adam and Luke at least pretty much admitted they decided they wanted to leave before last season even ended.

Yes because they knew what was going on with club after cortèse left in jan. No way we would have sold all these players under him.

God you're stupid. Cortese left because he knew he couldn't fulfil the bullsh11t he'd been spinning to get players to sign. It's no coincidence that he bailed when our season was guaranteed to come to nothing, and not a few months earlier when we were top 3.

Yes because they knew what was going on with club after cortèse left in jan. No way we would have sold all these players under him.

The only way he was staying was without the current owner staying in charge. Under him we wouldn't have had Katharina's backing to pay the day to day wages, so we'd have been selling anyway.

Rumours seem to be his stock response to most questions about players - either incoming or outgoing.

All rumours about Lovren...' We have had not bid from Liverpool'

Now all rumours about Chambers.

Spin spin spin.

Club's integrity is shot to pieces. Can't believe or trust even Koeman now... And he's trying his best!

Sounds good to me. If we can get over inflated prices from rich people for the legendary Saints team of 2013-14 then well and good. We need to look to the future, not the past.

That's the trouble, we are and it looks ominous!!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to impugn your views, news of Calum has soured me.

Soured me too, I rate him more than Clyne and think he will be a top top player. I didnt expect him to go. That said the reality of modern football is that all the club can influence is the price. If the PL all collapses in on itself in five years time I'll be happy. That doesnt mean the club have done the wrong thing in the meantime though. Koeman has the name and the money to attract good replacements.

Soured me too, I rate him more than Clyne and think he will be a top top player. I didnt expect him to go. That said the reality of modern football is that all the club can influence is the price. If the PL all collapses in on itself in five years time I'll be happy. That doesnt mean the club have done the wrong thing in the meantime though. Koeman has the name and the money to attract good replacements.

:lol:

He seems almost too calm about it all. Admits we a definitely getting a left back in though and that the team for Liverpool will be different to tonights. Thank god.

I don't think it's "too calm", as much as he very much eludes to it's not his decision / call on who is sold - "it's up to the board". Get the feeling he is not happy but it would appear his contract does not allow him to dedicate transfers, just recommend who is bought and sold. All IMHO of course,but much more of this and it would not surprise me if he walks - pretty sure he will not be short of other offers.

Retweeted by Simon Peach

FM Saints Researcher ‏@MatthewLeGod 1h

Some of the biggest/richest clubs in World football making large bids for our players and shock horror, our players are interested #saintsfc

I don't think it's "too calm", as much as he very much eludes to it's not his decision / call on who is sold - "it's up to the board". Get the feeling he is not happy but it would appear his contract does not allow him to dedicate transfers, just recommend who is bought and sold. All IMHO of course,but much more of this and it would not surprise me if he walks - pretty sure he will not be short of other offers.

"Eludes" ? Now that is very much a Freudian Slip :)

Bob Dylan: the times they are a changing. We need to manage our expectations. Worrying times as Koemen is new to the prem and has inherited a disjointed, young, new .... team. Just hope he is up to the task. I feel a relegation battle coming on.

"Eludes" ? Now that is very much a Freudian Slip :)

Ha ha - very good :lol: Yes, you are right, I meant "alludes" (too much wine!), but maybe eludes is more appropriate!:blush:

Anyway ever the optimist - UTS!! (or is it UTD&YS - Up the Dutch and youth Saints??)

This 100%, i'm starting to think we have got the most stupid forum members on gods green earth. I would be embarrassed to know some of you personally the way you reacted this summer and totally blamed the current board for......There is only 1 person to blame for this and its Cortese, selling the players something he could not deliver because it wasnt his money to be making empty promises!!!

This 100%, i'm starting to think we have got the most stupid forum members on gods green earth. I would be embarrassed to know some of you personally the way you reacted this summer and totally blamed the current board for......There is only 1 person to blame for this and its Cortese, selling the players something he could not deliver because it wasnt his money to be making empty promises!!!

Really??? I mean seriously - hating NC is one thing (although blaming him months after he resigned for current events is an interesting concept - might want to think about why he quit in the first place), but blanket labeling your fellow forum members as you do, says more about you than NC. It is after all a forum, where you discuss and debate things in a civilized way, allowing for different views without the need to resort to insults etc. You are entitled your your views, and so are other posters on this forum - it is a forum for opinions - why have it otherwise?

Is there really a need t insult people who do not share your view? There are a lot of people's view's I do not share, but I consider their point and in doing so challenge my own and often it helps my own conviction, but I would never consider an alternative view as you have above. Democracy is built on a freedom of self expression.