Have we ever had a squad with more players with accents in their names?

jawillwill

This thread got me interested in over the last couple of year's how many muslim players have we had.

I thought let me check about Dusan and found this from an old BBC article !!!!

"Dusan Tadic is a small-town cafe owner and karate instructor who has been described both as a loving family man, and as a freelance executioner at a concentration camp for Muslims during the Bosnian war."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/515851.stm

Anyway back to my original thought, obviously Jaidi, Belhmadi anyone else ? I am sure there are plenty.

Also wanted to check Ramadan wasn't in season given this year's is finished and next years is mid June- mid July.

This thread got me interested in over the last couple of year's how many muslim players have we had.

I thought let me check about Dusan and found this from an old BBC article !!!!

"Dusan Tadic is a small-town cafe owner and karate instructor who has been described both as a loving family man, and as a freelance executioner at a concentration camp for Muslims during the Bosnian war."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/515851.stm

Anyway back to my original thought, obviously Jaidi, Belhmadi anyone else ? I am sure there are plenty.

Also wanted to check Ramadan wasn't in season given this year's is finished and next years is mid June- mid July.

Yeah Yousef.

Where you going with this?

José Fonte

Gastón Ramírez

Dušan Tadić

Graziano Pellè

As a professional editor, I am unable to overcome my urge to tell you that they are not all accents, but they are all diacritics.

'š' uses what is known as a caron, or possibly a breve. (They are similar. It just depends on the language and/or typeface. I think Slavic languages favour the caron.)

'ó' uses an accute accent, while 'è' uses a grave accent. The 'ï' in 'Taïder' uses an umlaut.

Okay, nerd lecture over ...

José Fonte

Gastón Ramírez

Dušan Tadić

Graziano Pellè

As a professional editor, I am unable to overcome my urge to tell you that they are not all accents, but they are all diacritics.

'š' uses what is known as a caron, or possibly a breve. (They are similar. It just depends on the language and/or typeface. I think Slavic languages favour the caron.)

'ó' uses an accute accent, while 'è' uses a grave accent. The 'ï' in 'Taïder' uses an umlaut.

Many thanks. A much needed touch of intellectual rigour, sadly lacking most of the time on this forum.

José Fonte

Gastón Ramírez

Dušan Tadić

Graziano Pellè

A fascinating and insightful post. You should post more often.:lol:

José Fonte

Gastón Ramírez

Dušan Tadić

Graziano Pellè

See comment #8 ;)

José Fonte

Gastón Ramírez

Dušan Tadić

Graziano Pellè

Do your urges extend to accurate spelling? ;)