Bayer Tickets

Junior Mullet

Looking forward to this. Interested to see the starting line up and Ronald's preferred tactics.

A word of wafning though gor snyone rlse buying tickets today - At 8.00 last night the saints website was updated to say tickets priced at 12 each. Good value, only I've booked mine now over the phone to save walk up and they are actually 14, before booking fee. Apparently they cost more on match day, even though this is a friendly.

You paid the booking fee due to buying over the phone, there is no booking fee when buying in person at the ticket office so anyone buying today might as well do it at the ground.

Yep. Got mine from the ticket office and no fees.

You paid the booking fee due to buying over the phone, there is no booking fee when buying in person at the ticket office so anyone buying today might as well do it at the ground.

Gonna be big queues then I'd imagine, the ticket office are very slow on match day.

I'd advise getting there early!

Considering many folks are on their Holibobs and it's a 5pm kick off 14,000 sold so far doesn't seem too shabby. I would imagine their will be a good walk up which will include a few rubberneckers curious to come and see the remains of the rape pillage and plunder we have endured this summer.

Considering many folks are on their Holibobs and it's a 5pm kick off.

Blimey - now that was a close call. Thought it was a 3pm kick off and was going to go down for 1pm to see the players arrive with the kids. Knocked that one on the head now! Will go down for 4pm instead! Really looking forward to seeing the new players

Blimey - now that was a close call. Thought it was a 3pm kick off and was going to go down for 1pm to see the players arrive with the kids. Knocked that one on the head now! Will go down for 4pm instead! Really looking forward to seeing the new players

It wouldn't have been too bad arriving early: wander down The Junction and let the kids play in the garden..

Nope, they charged me an extra 2 because its the day if the match and a booking fee per ticket on top. Can't be right can it? Anyway, I'm looking forward to Getting an insight into Ronald's plans for the season.

Nope, they charged me an extra 2 because its the day if the match and a booking fee per ticket on top. Can't be right can it? Anyway, I'm looking forward to Getting an insight into Ronald's plans for the season.

Just got back today (day of the match) and only paid 12.00 quid, however, I paid in cash, your charge could be down to using a credit/debit card, only thing I can think of as to why you paid extra.

I bought mine this morning as I was potentially going to work if the storms hit earlier then anticipated. They cost 12 quid each and paid with a debit card

The club did a good job sorting out some geezers season ticket

Edited by Smirking_Saint

Made a last minute decision to go to the match yesterday. Ended up in the queue pictured above, when a nice old fella came up and gave me a spare ticket, as one of his group couldn't make it.

He wouldn't even take any money for it, said he was just happy for it to go to a saints fan.

We really do have some great fans!

Many thanks if it was you and you post on here.

Looked still to be a huge queue at kick off, assume some must have just given up and headed home? I can't believe so many left it late though.

Always happens. Seemed like an awful lot of families there yesterday, many of whom probably don't normally go and were lured in by the cheap tickets.

We should have the capacity to open a cash gate when queues get that bad. I went to the Rose Bowl for the last day of the India test and they printed off loads of tickets beforehand and had people taking cash sales outside of the ticket office. Was a great idea because anyone paying that way didn't have to queue.

Always happens. Seemed like an awful lot of families there yesterday, many of whom probably don't normally go and were lured in by the cheap tickets.

We should have the capacity to open a cash gate when queues get that bad. I went to the Rose Bowl for the last day of the India test and they printed off loads of tickets beforehand and had people taking cash sales outside of the ticket office. Was a great idea because anyone paying that way didn't have to queue.

Yep, somewhere along the line the club hadn't any contingency plan in place for such a big walk up, didn't seem particularly well managed.

Not really. Those at the front of the queue would have got there more than an hour before the kick-off.

There's nothing new about going to a game and paying cash to go in. 40 years ago we used to do it all the time with crowds of over 50,000 and pay on the turnstiles.

Right, but I'm not talking about those at the front of the queue that got there an hour before kick off or what happened 40 years ago, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Right, but I'm not talking about those at the front of the queue that got there an hour before kick off or what happened 40 years ago, so I'm not sure what your point is.

The point is that there should have been no need to queue. We have been holding this sort of event in this country since before even I was born.