Sam Gallagher

Saint Charlie

Is Sam injured? Didnt feature in the last set of friendlies and isnt in any of the training videos.

Koeman said something about him being ill a few weeks back but surely that isn't the case still?

I think he would be best served playing some U21 games or getting some matches on loan, but hopefully all is ok.

I don't wish to see endless threads speculating on Sam's health but there are a number of illnesses that effect young people. Most common is glandular fever which takes a couple of months to clear up.

Hopefully it's something that will respond well to rest and good medication. Wishing Sam a speedy recovery.

A thread speculating on if he is injured should be closed? Why? It's just speculation on a message board and doesn't affect anything or anyone. It's hardly people insulting him is it.
Perhaps its delving into his private life. you know some nonce will come on and give personal stuff (made up even)

So we aren't allowed to discuss it despite the fact it can affect the team?

We can but we don't actually know sod all so pure speculation seems counter-productive at best.

I like that the forum is quite open and that we can discuss whatever posters feel like however I would urge a little caution and restraint when it may be about one of our players having off the field issues.

I don't wish to see endless threads speculating on Sam's health but there are a number of illnesses that effect young people. Most common is glandular fever which takes a couple of months to clear up.

Hopefully it's something that will respond well to rest and good medication. Wishing Sam a speedy recovery.

But you speculated nonetheless?!

We can but we don't actually know sod all so pure speculation seems counter-productive at best.

I like that the forum is quite open and that we can discuss whatever posters feel like however I would urge a little caution and restraint when it may be about one of our players having off the field issues.

I equate this place to a pub. If you had this conversation there you wouldn't suddenly say oh no let's not discuss this topic. As long as no one is abusive or derogatory (and all we have really had is sympathy.) then I see nothing wrong.

Seems a bit silly that people are allowed to have a 10 page thread about Morgan's 'H=head gone' due to off field issues and call him every name under the Sun but have to show restraint when asking why Gallagher hasn't been playing.

I equate this place to a pub. If you had this conversation there you wouldn't suddenly say oh no let's not discuss this topic. As long as no one is abusive or derogatory (and all we have really had is sympathy.) then I see nothing wrong.

Hypo I can respect that as your opinion but would disagree. I understand the analogy but the internet plays by different rules then pals down the pub. A bit of billy bullsh*tting down the pub and it is likely to get as far as your mates mate big Colin whereas on here rumours gain traction, often get treated as gospel and can have wider consequences.

Appreciate nobody has said anything to get bunched about on here but just wanted to sound a note of caution on the topic.

Seems a bit silly that people are allowed to have a 10 page thread about Morgan's 'H=head gone' due to off field issues and call him every name under the Sun but have to show restraint when asking why Gallagher hasn't been playing.

Oldskoolsi I am not trying to say x or z should not be discussed if it is done in the right way. The difference is, for me, between dealing with established facts (ie Morgan wants to leave) which the player himself made a rather public show of is different to discussing speculation about Gallagher's personal life when he appears to be a private person and we do not actually know what he is dealing with.

Anyway that is my two cents worth. Thanks.

Hypo I can respect that as your opinion but would disagree. I understand the analogy but the internet plays by different rules then pals down the pub. A bit of billy bullsh*tting down the pub and it is likely to get as far as your mates mate big Colin whereas on here rumours gain traction, often get treated as gospel and can have wider consequences.

Appreciate nobody has said anything to get bunched about on here but just wanted to sound a note of caution on the topic.

Oldskoolsi I am not trying to say x or z should not be discussed if it is done in the right way. The difference is, for me, between dealing with established facts (ie Morgan wants to leave) which the player himself made a rather public show of is different to discussing speculation about Gallagher's personal life when he appears to be a private person and we do not actually know what he is dealing with.

Anyway that is my two cents worth. Thanks.

Nah there isn't really any wider consequences to a couple of people on here wondering where Sam has gone. I think you are taking it too seriously. Besides, it doesn't break the forum rules so I think we are good.

It's been asked in a good natured way, not wild tabloid speculation.

Edited by hypochondriac

Think it's pretty obvious that he is out after having the op. Welcome Samantha, you'll have my support dude/babe.

I dont think we should be talking about his personal issues tbh, very harsh, Isgrove selfishly didnt give him the premier league shiney for his merlin sticker book today despite having 3 swapsies. Very very sad times

If you honestly believe that the innernetz has these sorts of far reaching consequences, can I politely suggest you go and spend a little more time in the pub - or anywhere outside in the fresh air???

If you honestly believe that the innernetz has these sorts of far reaching consequences, can I politely suggest you go and spend a little more time in the pub - or anywhere outside in the fresh air???

It can very easily have wider reaching consequences! Hope everything's alright with the guy.

Just to clarify for anyone reading this thread Gallagher may or may not have depression..all we do know is he's happily retweeting on twitter and most likely isn't starting against Liverpool as he's not good enough yet.

What a bunch of precious saps, it's just speculation as to why a player hasn't been seen for a while. Could be a million reasons jeez

xm99qd.jpg

Isaac Asimov died in 1992 of AIDS. Should we be misattributing quotes to him in a public forum like this? It might hurt his feelings which, as an atheist, he no longer has.

Isaac Asimov died in 1992 of AIDS. Should we be misattributing quotes to him in a public forum like this? It might hurt his feelings which, as an atheist, he no longer has.

Even atheists can go to heaven.

Also, it's not depression if you have a reason to be sad. It's just sadness. Which is normal.

Morgans off the field issues? He wants to move to a bigger club and get a payrise. I wouldn't call that an off field issue?

Gallagher is dealing with the death of his farther, at 19!!! Hardly comparable is it?

We can talk about Morgan because his off the field "issue" is football related. Gallaghers, seems nothing to do with football.

Morgans off the field issues? He wants to move to a bigger club and get a payrise. I wouldn't call that an off field issue?

Gallagher is dealing with the death of his farther, at 19!!! Hardly comparable is it?

We can talk about Morgan because his off the field "issue" is football related. Gallaghers, seems nothing to do with football.

I don't think either has depression so I have no issues in discussing it so, from that comment, it means that if a player has depression due to football issues we can talk about it but not if it is non football related. I disagree.

I don't think there are hard and fast rules for what causes depression and what doesn't but I'd imagine not being allowed to have a better job for more money isn't going to help. Depression is a buzz thing at the moment but it's something people still have little knowledge about. I think people should be making the judgement that so and so is just being greedy so we don't really care how he feels and can call him all the names under the sun, however someone else should be treated with kid gloves by people who have no contact with him because their parent died.

I don't think either has depression so I have no issues in discussing it so, from that comment, it means that if a player has depression due to football issues we can talk about it but not if it is non football related. I disagree.

I don't think there are hard and fast rules for what causes depression and what doesn't but I'd imagine not being allowed to have a better job for more money isn't going to help. Depression is a buzz thing at the moment but it's something people still have little knowledge about. I think people should be making the judgement that so and so is just being greedy so we don't really care how he feels and can call him all the names under the sun, however someone else should be treated with kid gloves by people who have no contact with him because their parent died.