Andros Townsend

Yorkshire Saint

Watched the Spurs game yesterday and thought Townsend looked a real danger when he came on,if he was at another club I would be keen on having him.....however as he is at Spurs I will say no thanks,no doubt him coming here means that Morgan will be going the other direction so for that reason....i'm out

Watched the Spurs game yesterday and thought Townsend looked a real danger when he came on,if he was at another club I would be keen on having him.....however as he is at Spurs I will say no thanks,no doubt him coming here means that Morgan will be going the other direction so for that reason....i'm out

I'd be happy with the arrival of Townsend for £10m. Any more and we're overpaying (opinion alert!) since he's so one-footed that he can be nullified by a decent full/wing-back (of similar pace).

I too would be happy with for that sum. He would certainly be useful. I remember Ronaldo used to be show and no end product in his younger years at united. £10million isn't a massive price to pay for a young English attacker ... Capped too!

I'd be happy with the arrival of Townsend for £10m. Any more and we're overpaying (opinion alert!) since he's so one-footed that he can be nullified by a decent full/wing-back (of similar pace).

I too would be happy with for that sum. He would certainly be useful. I remember Ronaldo used to be show and no end product in his younger years at united. £10million isn't a massive price to pay for a young English attacker ... Capped too!

Think you might be thinking someone else bro, Townsend has wicked shot off both feet. He is less qualities in other areas tho!

Think you might be thinking someone else bro, Townsend has wicked shot off both feet. He is less qualities in other areas tho!

Personally, I've seen no evidence of this. What I have witnessed is his apparent allergy to the right byline I.e. almost exclusively cuts-in on his left foot when playing on the right. His left foot certainly packs a punch though *ka-pow*

Happy to be proved wrong, of course.

Personally, I've seen no evidence of this. What I have witnessed is his apparent allergy to the right byline I.e. almost exclusively cuts-in on his left foot when playing on the right. His left foot certainly packs a punch though *ka-pow*

I agree - would rather bed in Isgrove and McQueen than spend on Redmond or Townsend.

I dont think Isgrove is that bad, probably not ready to start yet but realistically is a reasonable talent. Id be happy with Townsend though, he is likely to get around 5 goals a season and a few assists. Gives us something we havn't got right now which is real direct threat.

There are better options out there however. Especially with the english player premium.

I agree - would rather bed in Isgrove and McQueen than spend on Redmond or Townsend.

I dont think Isgrove is that bad, probably not ready to start yet but realistically is a reasonable talent. Id be happy with Townsend though, he is likely to get around 5 goals a season and a few assists. Gives us something we havn't got right now which is real direct threat.

There are better options out there however. Especially with the english player premium.

Gotcha, play him on left tho & he cuts inside and smacks it with his right. It's not so much he's one-footed it's that he likes to cut inside & smack for glory!

Gotcha, play him on left tho & he cuts inside and smacks it with his right. It's not so much he's one-footed it's that he likes to cut inside & smack for glory!

Yeah, I've not seen him play all that much on the left, admittedly - which is where I'd hope he'd play for us (if it all transpires).

Yeah, I've not seen him play all that much on the left, admittedly - which is where I'd hope he'd play for us (if it all transpires).