Andros Townsend

Yorkshire Saint

The goat, one of Spurs ITK's

The Goat has heard that Southampton's stance on Schneiderlin has privately changed over the course of this weekend. Also that allowing us to sign him would be further entertained should Levy provide assurance regarding Townsend and agree not to make a move for Rodriguez.

(No idea why he refers to himself in third party)

The Goat has heard that Southampton's stance on Schneiderlin has privately changed over the course of this weekend. Also that allowing us to sign him would be further entertained should Levy provide assurance regarding Townsend and agree not to make a move for Rodriguez.

Total garbage. Morgan is going nowhere.

Still don't know why we are bothering, he personally said he didn't want to join us and wanted to stay at spurs, whats the point trying to sign someone that doesn't want to leave? It will also give Spurs more money and to clear some wage bill to make room for a much bigger bid for Morgan and that scares me.

Still don't know why we are bothering, he personally said he didn't want to join us and wanted to stay at spurs, whats the point trying to sign someone that doesn't want to leave? It will also give Spurs more money and to clear some wage bill to make room for a much bigger bid for Morgan and that scares me.

Well, Morgan said he wanted out and appears to be staying. You never know

Watching spurs swarm all over QPR makes me sad. They play like we used to :(

Lamela is his new Lallana it seems

Edited by Batman

SSN reporting breaking news saints have made 12 million bid

Also reporting that Spurs have told all clubs he isnt for sale.

Could well be a ploy to increase fee but if its genuine then hope we don't waste too much time and then end up loaning Gabriel Obertan in a mad panic on the last day of the window

Where is our itk's anyone heard from them?

Lamela is way more technically gifted than Townsend though. Plus he's not a "winger". Think he'll have a good season under Poch.

Agree on both.

Just wasn't sure if Lamela would work hard enough in the pressing system, or if he'd be viewed as too much of a Gaston type (technically proficient but not hard-working enough). He clearly does like the look of him, so on that I was obviously wrong.

Well, Morgan said he wanted out and appears to be staying. You never know

Watching spurs swarm all over QPR makes me sad. They play like we used to :(

Lamela is his new Lallana it seems

This is QPR we are talking about. Remember, they scraped promotion by the skin of there teeth and are managed by Harry Redknapp. Lets see if the swarm all over Chelsea or Liverpool or Man City.

Talked to someone on Saturday very close to one of the players and he believes Morgan will be sold by the weekend.

He didn't go into detail and as i hadn't seen him for about 10 years i wasn't pushing but what he said made a lot of sense. The players think Taider is very good and will probably step into his position once sold and the impression i got was that the players also have the attitude that if you don't want to be here then get rid.

He didn't know about Townsend so the pint i bought him was a waste of money.

The way Morgan played on Saturday i am sure his head had gone missing as well.

I think Scneiderlin is off. Always have.

I suspect Schneiderlin has been told he can go at the end of the window, we needed to buy time for others to bed in and to get what we could out of spurs for him. Levy has been a tougher negotiator than Liverpool.

I do not think Townsend is worth £12m. He has had a wonder debut for England then injury. Unproven for me, but potential lies within him to be fair.

Question is whether Townsend is therefore no more than a way of filling our gap with a 'known name' to appease the fans when Schneiderlin goes? Or whether he is a way of gaining some sort of compensation for a poor Schneidelin deal?

My view? Both moves will probably happen. Spurs will get their man. Morgan will get his head. Saints will get a winger with potential but prone to injury. The Boardroom will not make anything like the money they have to date on sales of our proven players. Schneiderlin will go for a song like Lambert and Chambers.

Judgment day is 1 Sep. so, we will sadly add this to our Boardroom assessment.

Edited by SaintRobbie

Judgement day is the end of the season, how the team perform not whether you personally with your outsiders knowledge of football transfers think we received good value.

The weeks of "asset strip" threads has finished as posters find it hard to make up more stories to fit.

As it sounds like spurs and Morgan have a desire for the transfer , if he had been told it was happening I think it would have, and he wouldn't be in our first 11.

Morgan's not leaving. If he were they would be starting to wind back those 'not for sale' comments instead of repeating them in every interview.

Ofcourse he is leaving, no team wants a moody, half hearted, sulker only giving 50% effort. Get rid and lets have a side 100% behind saints. I just don't see the point anymore of making a stance over want away players if it affects our performance and results.

Where would he fit in to the Spurs team? They seem to be doing all right without him.

They're not bad at all in central midfield but lack a bit of crunch when it's Capoue/Bentaleb and lose a bit of tempo when it's Sandro plus one. Schneiderlin can do both jobs very well. Arsenal and United need him more but he'd still improve Spurs.

You may come to regret saying that in the not too distant future IMHO

(cue abuse )

There's no reason for the club to repeat that he's staying at every possible opportunity unless he is. If they were trying to placate or string us along they would speak less frequently and on less certain terms. And if there was any chance of them changing their mind they'd be winding the language back in to soften the considerable blow his departure would bring.

Ofcourse he is leaving, no team wants a moody, half hearted, sulker only giving 50% effort. Get rid and lets have a side 100% behind saints. I just don't see the point anymore of making a stance over want away players if it affects our performance and results.

He covered more distance against Liverpool than any other player in the league that weekend.

Edited by DuncanRG

Do shut up. Koeman has said many times he won't leave this window. Why our fans want to sell him so much is beyond me. Can't blame him for wanting to leave with the others all being sold.

Koeman stopped saying this after the Liverpool game.

No he didn't. He said on Friday it's not a situation that needs talking about and Morgans accepted situation. Why do people try and create more negative rubbish when there's already loads to be negative about.

to be honest i dont want morgan gone but if they got clasie in id be a lot happier. I think clasie and victor in the middle would be a great paring. Clasie can create and victor can just carry on as solid as he has started.

I do worry that victor will be gone this time next year though if he stays fit.

Koeman said on Friday its not about getting an acceptable offer for him he's just not for sale end of. Seems like we've moved on to Redmond for 8 million and also a guy from athletico Madrid who can play at centre back or right back.

to be honest i dont want morgan gone but if they got clasie in id be a lot happier. I think clasie and victor in the middle would be a great paring. Clasie can create and victor can just carry on as solid as he has started.

Stop worrying. Even if we got classie by the time it takes for them all to gel we would be better keeping Morgan at mo IMO

Koeman said on Friday its not about getting an acceptable offer for him he's just not for sale end of. Seems like we've moved on to Redmond for 8 million and also a guy from athletico Madrid who can play at centre back or right back.

Norwich are saying the same with Redmond that we are with Schneiderlin.

Edited by Appy
Cvnting predictive text.

No he didn't. He said on Friday it's not a situation that needs talking about and Morgans accepted situation. Why do people try and create more negative rubbish when there's already loads to be negative about.

You're right. He hasn't said he's staying. He's said Morgan has accepted the situation that he doesn't need to talk about. What is this situation? Is the situation that MS has accepted he will play until the end of the transfer window? Is it that he will stay at Saints?

Point is Koeman has not stated clearly that Morgan is staying since Liverpool. So far this summer ambiguity at our club has meant players have left. Not sure that will change sadly.

The club would lose all trust of the supporters if they sold Morgan. If that means no deal for Townsend then we'll have to move on and go for someone else.

Good job they've asked us to judge them on 1Sep then when we will know whether Morgan (& perhaps even Jay Rod) are Saints.

Then we will know if we can trust the Board.

Roger - can you send a link for this statement, if so apologies... I had missed this unequivocal statement from Koeman. I can't find it.

I agree with this. If MS leaves, this is one solution.