Andros Townsend

Yorkshire Saint

That could be the plan if the Gonzalez rumours are true. They'd be able to interchange too.

Looks a decent player but he's getting on a bit. The likes of Man City could afford to pay £8m for a 29-year old utility player, but not sure we can. Should be looking for players aged below 25 IMO, already spent a lot of money on two over 27.

That could be the plan if the Gonzalez rumours are true. They'd be able to interchange too.

Looks a decent player but he's getting on a bit. The likes of Man City could afford to pay £8m for a 29-year old utility player, but not sure we can. Should be looking for players aged below 25 IMO, already spent a lot of money on two over 27.

We play 433 with fullbacks used to provide width. Are you suggesting that Clyne should be part of a midfield 3 or on the right and off the striker?

We play 433 with fullbacks used to provide width. Are you suggesting that Clyne should be part of a midfield 3 or on the right and off the striker?

Exactly, I mean why wouldn't everyone rate an attacker with 3 premier league goals ever.

His 1 Spurs goal in the premier league was a cross that went in by accident.

10 clubs already, 23 years old. If anyone can get him playing well it's Pochetinno but wouldn't be surprised at all if he'd prefer to sell him.

Seems an odd one to me. If Pochetinno intends to play the same way at Spurs as he did here, I wouldn't have thought Townsend was his sort of player.

AT is an out-and-out winger. Head down, get to the by-line put in a cross/or cut-in and spank it vaguely in the direction of the goal. When it comes off it looks good and every one is impressed - and it came off in a high profile game for England, once - therefore he must be amazing. Oh an he is quick of course.

This just doesn't seem to fit in with Poch's style, I wouldn't have thought. He is too direct, and too prone to giving the ball away.

Exactly, I mean why wouldn't everyone rate an attacker with 3 premier league goals ever.

10 clubs already, 23 years old. If anyone can get him playing well it's Pochetinno but wouldn't be surprised at all if he'd prefer to sell him.

Seems an odd one to me. If Pochetinno intends to play the same way at Spurs as he did here, I wouldn't have thought Townsend was his sort of player.

AT is an out-and-out winger. Head down, get to the by-line put in a cross/or cut-in and spank it vaguely in the direction of the goal. When it comes off it looks good and every one is impressed - and it came off in a high profile game for England, once - therefore he must be amazing. Oh an he is quick of course.

This just doesn't seem to fit in with Poch's style, I wouldn't have thought. He is too direct, and too prone to giving the ball away.

seems that the money we had in is going to be eroded by paying mad money for bit part players. He is Ok but cant get into the Spurs side, and we are considering paying 10m!!! Thats it plant the seed of 10m and then come Jan he will be part of a swap deal. Remember Frank Saul who we took as part of the Chivers deal, lol

seems that the money we had in is going to be eroded by paying mad money for bit part players. He is Ok but cant get into the Spurs side, and we are considering paying 10m!!! Thats it plant the seed of 10m and then come Jan he will be part of a swap deal. Remember Frank Saul who we took as part of the Chivers deal, lol

I have not rated Townsend and his style of football since he came to prominence, and would be gutted if after slating him and mocking him for ages, we now signed him. Just not the way I want to see football played! And for £10m..... hugely overpriced (all imo of course)

I have not rated Townsend and his style of football since he came to prominence, and would be gutted if after slating him and mocking him for ages, we now signed him. Just not the way I want to see football played! And for £10m..... hugely overpriced (all imo of course)

Djamel Belmadi? Very talented player but is 38 now and the Manager of Qatar so will be hard to lure him back.

Ings price won't rocket because he is out of contract next summer. If anything, it will fall.

It would be great to see him again if only to recreate probably the best sale of a dummy ever seen at SMS (sadly I cant remember the Oppo's right now), but one minute the lad is defending his wing when Belmadi makes him an offer he can't refuse, and a split second later the poor lad is metaphorically standing under the Bargate in a state of confusion as to how he ended up there!

Djamel Belmadi? Very talented player but is 38 now and the Manager of Qatar so will be hard to lure him back.

Ings price won't rocket because he is out of contract next summer. If anything, it will fall.

It would be great to see him again if only to recreate probably the best sale of a dummy ever seen at SMS (sadly I cant remember the Oppo's right now), but one minute the lad is defending his wing when Belmadi makes him an offer he can't refuse, and a split second later the poor lad is metaphorically standing under the Bargate in a state of confusion as to how he ended up there!

A team needs allsorts. We didnt have anyone yesterday who gained yards with the ball and actually committed defenders. We would certainly be a more dangerous team if we did have someone of that ilk.

I'm slightly confused as to why Townsend is treated with such distain yet many mention Redmond as a great option.

A team needs allsorts. We didnt have anyone yesterday who gained yards with the ball and actually committed defenders. We would certainly be a more dangerous team if we did have someone of that ilk.

I'm slightly confused as to why Townsend is treated with such distain yet many mention Redmond as a great option.

£10M bid turned down, according to SSN.

Well, it would be. Poch won't sell us a Spurs player unless and until we sell him Schneiderlin.

Maybe we can do a deal on final day of the window! Until then, snarling and a stand off.

Are Spurs even looking to sell him? He played on Saturday. all be it coming on as a sub.

I'm dreading that final day of the window. I wonder how much Spurs are willing to bid for Morgan?

Well, it would be. Poch won't sell us a Spurs player unless and until we sell him Schneiderlin.

Maybe we can do a deal on final day of the window! Until then, snarling and a stand off.

Are Spurs even looking to sell him? He played on Saturday. all be it coming on as a sub.

I'm dreading that final day of the window. I wonder how much Spurs are willing to bid for Morgan?

We must be able to source better for £10m upwards.

We must be able to source better for £10m upwards.

Yarmolenko would cost £12m, so it's just as much about there being better players for similar money out there. Also, he's shît...

Yarmolenko the flip flap king...he is fun to watch on youtube. Weren't Liverpool looking to sign Yevhen Konoplyanka for a similar fee too?

Edited by Chez

Yarmolenko would cost £12m, so it's just as much about there being better players for similar money out there. Also, he's shît...

Yarmolenko the flip flap king...he is fun to watch on youtube. Weren't Liverpool looking to sign Yevhen Konoplyanka for a similar fee too?

Edited by Chez

Why? Clyne is a great right back. Leave him where he is.

Yes, and Bale was a great left back. I think Clyne would be a great attacking wideman, he can certainly beat his man, not scared to go past defenders or get to the line, has a good cross, has a good shot, great vision.

The above reasons are probably why I'm not a Footy Manager but if we are looking for a wide right attacking player I don't think we need to look much further, we just need someone to fill the RB slot.

Why? Clyne is a great right back. Leave him where he is.

Yes, and Bale was a great left back. I think Clyne would be a great attacking wideman, he can certainly beat his man, not scared to go past defenders or get to the line, has a good cross, has a good shot, great vision.

The above reasons are probably why I'm not a Footy Manager but if we are looking for a wide right attacking player I don't think we need to look much further, we just need someone to fill the RB slot.

Allegedly the same amount Spuds bid for Morgan :facepalm: Perspective springs to mind !

Don't fancy Redmond either tbh.

Of all the wingers we are interested in Redmond would be the best and 8 million would get him ,he will be a England regular for years to come. Go and get him Les???

i dare say he might be quite good, but them you look at tadic & what you can buy with £10m in foreign markets & I'm thinking no tks!

I think we should put in a bid for Christian Eriksen as well

No way in hell they're gonna sell their best player of last year. Eriksen has been brilliant, especially the latter part of the season, they depend on his abilities and knowledge of the game far more than they need Adebayour for example, top scorer last year.

I'd be bloody furious if we sold Schneiderlin and got Townsend in exchange - not to mention that the original Schneiderlin bid was meant to have been £10m plus Holtby (who is miles better than Townsend) and Chiriches (who is at least in a position we need).

No way in hell they're gonna sell their best player of last year. Eriksen has been brilliant, especially the latter part of the season, they depend on his abilities and knowledge of the game far more than they need Adebayour for example, top scorer last year.

Did you see how his performance was pulled to pieces by Gullit the other day ? He is not that good I mO