Liverpool - Saints Match thread.

Wrensup

Is it just me but I think we've played really well in the first half. They've scored one on the break but apart from that we've matched them and been stronger in midfield. They seem to be relying on long balls from Gerrard. Don't forget we're playing away at last seasons runners up who have then gone on to spend £100m. When the team have 'gelled' I can see us being a force to be reckoned with.

A draw wouldn't be unfair the way things are going.

Is it just me but I think we've played really well in the first half. They've scored one on the break but apart from that we've matched them and been stronger in midfield. They seem to be relying on long balls from Gerrard. Don't forget we're playing away at last seasons runners up who have then gone on to spend £100m. When the team have 'gelled' I can see us being a force to be reckoned with.

A draw wouldn't be unfair the way things are going.

We are doing OK but don't look particularly threatening going forward - can't see where the goal will come from. I am fairly unimpressed with Pelle and Tadic so far. Overall we look too slow.

Yep, agree with this. We don't have our high intensity style of last season.

We are doing OK but don't look particularly threatening going forward - can't see where the goal will come from. I am fairly unimpressed with Pelle and Tadic so far. Overall we look too slow.

Yep, agree with this. We don't have our high intensity style of last season.

On US TV, Morgan being blamed for the goal. Soft tackle on Henderson. But he showed more bite later in the half. Victor, Bertrand, Tadic, Davis all superb. I thought JWP strong too apart from a couple of misunderstandings. Overall, there are a ton of positives against a strong Liverpool. Can't wait for the second half. We'll see Taider and Long before too long.

Tadic lost the ball actually. Not a great start from him really, I mean he looks lively but there's no end product. Pelle is way off the standard required in the PL as of yet, needs time to adapt perhaps.

On US TV, Morgan being blamed for the goal. Soft tackle on Henderson. But he showed more bite later in the half. Victor, Bertrand, Tadic, Davis all superb. I thought JWP strong too apart from a couple of misunderstandings. Overall, there are a ton of positives against a strong Liverpool. Can't wait for the second half. We'll see Taider and Long before too long.

Tadic lost the ball actually. Not a great start from him really, I mean he looks lively but there's no end product. Pelle is way off the standard required in the PL as of yet, needs time to adapt perhaps.

Given that we're playing away at Anfield with an unsettled side, I'm happy with the performance. JWP should stay on the pitch for me, since we're going to lack fluency regardless of who comes on (i.e. Long) and his set pieces are perhaps our most dangerous goal threat.

Given that we're playing away at Anfield with an unsettled side, I'm happy with the performance. JWP should stay on the pitch for me, since we're going to lack fluency regardless of who comes on (i.e. Long) and his set pieces are perhaps our most dangerous goal threat.

Tadic, Wanyama and Bertrand have really impressed me. That partnership down the left hand side looks like it'll be deadly come the end of the season! JWP excellent from set pieces as per. Think Morgan is not back at his best yet, but I suppose that's to be expected...

Tadic, Wanyama and Bertrand have really impressed me. That partnership down the left hand side looks like it'll be deadly come the end of the season! JWP excellent from set pieces as per. Think Morgan is not back at his best yet, but I suppose that's to be expected...

Koemans tactics are as good as they can be given what he has to work with. I hope the Board realise we still need a solid CB pairing, another striker and winger.

That will inform judgment day Krueger. Koeman needs a CB, Striker and a Right Winger. MINIMUM.

Well we know that's not going to happen don't we. 1 or 2 Koeman said.

Koemans tactics are as good as they can be given what he has to work with. I hope the Board realise we still need a solid CB pairing, another striker and winger.

That will inform judgment day Krueger. Koeman needs a CB, Striker and a Right Winger. MINIMUM.

Well we know that's not going to happen don't we. 1 or 2 Koeman said.

We don't need another striker.

We don't need another striker.

Stating the obvious but the difference between Lovren and Yoshida is huge. Can see why we were solid last season, a massive part in coming 8th rather than 14th IMO.

Still crazy (IMO) that it took so long to get a centre back in. Even more so that we will only get one to replace Lovren.

Stating the obvious but the difference between Lovren and Yoshida is huge. Can see why we were solid last season, a massive part in coming 8th rather than 14th IMO.

Still crazy (IMO) that it took so long to get a centre back in. Even more so that we will only get one to replace Lovren.