Liverpool - Saints Match thread.

Wrensup

JWP's set pieces are excellent. And he chases everything, and his passing is good. But he doesn't offer us much creatively.

Wanyama, Bertrand, Tadic and Davis all look good. Morgan grew into the game. Pelle needs help though.

JWP's set pieces are excellent. And he chases everything, and his passing is good. But he doesn't offer us much creatively.

Wanyama, Bertrand, Tadic and Davis all look good. Morgan grew into the game. Pelle needs help though.

In a month we will be very useful. Good promising sighs IMO

Not sure how you saw good promising signing from that first half? If you did then I would like to know what performance would have made you not feel that way.

I appreciate this is Liverpool, but we really had no fluidity and a system to our play. Worrying.

In a month we will be very useful. Good promising sighs IMO

Not sure how you saw good promising signing from that first half? If you did then I would like to know what performance would have made you not feel that way.

I appreciate this is Liverpool, but we really had no fluidity and a system to our play. Worrying.

Not bad at all, Tadic looks the nuts, Morgan is performing alright, Pelle seems a heck of a lot more mobile than Lambert, Wanyama is being Wanyama and Forster's distribution looks comfortable enough. Clyne looks a bit out of it though I rather wish we could sub him for an exciting young rb... :(

Not bad at all, Tadic looks the nuts, Morgan is performing alright, Pelle seems a heck of a lot more mobile than Lambert, Wanyama is being Wanyama and Forster's distribution looks comfortable enough. Clyne looks a bit out of it though I rather wish we could sub him for an exciting young rb... :(

Not surprised we're not on fire up top. New combinations take time to work, but I can't help thinking this game is crying out for Shane Long to come on at some point, Pelle needs support up there and if Koeman can see that you're not going to beat this Liverpool team in the air with crosses and crossfield passes, he should do plan B, use Long to run the channels and put Lovren and Skrtel under pressure, they don't like being pressed and just having Pelle closing them down is giving Lovren time to pick out passes to put us under pressure.

There is a goal in it for us, it's just can we make use of what we have, my suggestions would be Long and secondly Isgrove who would give Glen Johnson fits, so far we're playing JWP there, just to keep in the team for his delivery, but when we have Tadic we have someone who can do that anyway.

Not surprised we're not on fire up top. New combinations take time to work, but I can't help thinking this game is crying out for Shane Long to come on at some point, Pelle needs support up there and if Koeman can see that you're not going to beat this Liverpool team in the air with crosses and crossfield passes, he should do plan B, use Long to run the channels and put Lovren and Skrtel under pressure, they don't like being pressed and just having Pelle closing them down is giving Lovren time to pick out passes to put us under pressure.

There is a goal in it for us, it's just can we make use of what we have, my suggestions would be Long and secondly Isgrove who would give Glen Johnson fits, so far we're playing JWP there, just to keep in the team for his delivery, but when we have Tadic we have someone who can do that anyway.

We've looked ok, tactically out numbered Liverpool's midfield, they can't really get on the ball in there which is because of us. Wanyama is a danger sniffing machine, beast.

Morgan OK, but felt he could have done a bit more to prevent the goal. Out a bit quicker to the ball and a little more intent with the intention to win it, but Clyne's positioning was well off for the goal. Took fonte right out of the game and you're relying on Clyne to clean up there, but he was too far away.

Yoshida has been incredibly dodgy, does look like an accident waiting to happen.

There's not really much of an attacking threat about us though, we're keeping the ball well enough at the moment but there's not a lot going on up top. Pelle isn't getting any joy winning anything in the air and Tadic keeps getting caught offside, best chance came from Morgan.

Lots to take in terms of positives on the overall shape and discipline of the side, but we need to do a hell of more as an attacking unit.

We've looked ok, tactically out numbered Liverpool's midfield, they can't really get on the ball in there which is because of us. Wanyama is a danger sniffing machine, beast.

Morgan OK, but felt he could have done a bit more to prevent the goal. Out a bit quicker to the ball and a little more intent with the intention to win it, but Clyne's positioning was well off for the goal. Took fonte right out of the game and you're relying on Clyne to clean up there, but he was too far away.

Yoshida has been incredibly dodgy, does look like an accident waiting to happen.

There's not really much of an attacking threat about us though, we're keeping the ball well enough at the moment but there's not a lot going on up top. Pelle isn't getting any joy winning anything in the air and Tadic keeps getting caught offside, best chance came from Morgan.

Lots to take in terms of positives on the overall shape and discipline of the side, but we need to do a hell of more as an attacking unit.

We are growing in to this game, but our CBs are too shakey.

Striker? Pelle not up to it....yet. Need Long on urgently to play off him.

Overall? We lack a right winger, striker and we desperately need another PL quality CB. Sell Jos off and get another CB. We need another striker too.

We started too slow. But I guess that was deliberate. Doing ok, but Liverpool are much more superior.

Oh and we need to stop giving the ball away cheaply!! ARGGGGHHHH!

We are growing in to this game, but our CBs are too shakey.

Striker? Pelle not up to it....yet. Need Long on urgently to play off him.

Overall? We lack a right winger, striker and we desperately need another PL quality CB. Sell Jos off and get another CB. We need another striker too.

We started too slow. But I guess that was deliberate. Doing ok, but Liverpool are much more superior.

Oh and we need to stop giving the ball away cheaply!! ARGGGGHHHH!

On US TV, Morgan being blamed for the goal. Soft tackle on Henderson. But he showed more bite later in the half. Victor, Bertrand, Tadic, Davis all superb. I thought JWP strong too apart from a couple of misunderstandings. Overall, there are a ton of positives against a strong Liverpool. Can't wait for the second half. We'll see Taider and Long before too long.

On US TV, Morgan being blamed for the goal. Soft tackle on Henderson. But he showed more bite later in the half. Victor, Bertrand, Tadic, Davis all superb. I thought JWP strong too apart from a couple of misunderstandings. Overall, there are a ton of positives against a strong Liverpool. Can't wait for the second half. We'll see Taider and Long before too long.