Is this the most united the club has been?

Turkish

After our stormy weather over the summer with some 'fans' willing to turn their backs on the club and believing the media storm whipped up that doomsday was upon is the turnaround has been incredible. Whatever side of the fence you're on regarding our ex CEO what cannot be denied is that he was a divisive. He did a lot of good for the club, but we all know that he had his faults and that has been done to death.

Now however after guiding us through choppy waters Kat, Les, Ralph and Gareth seem to have done what looked impossible in some fans eyes. We have a club that is successful on the pitch thus far, a manager who is fast becoming the most popular in recent history, a team who are committed and driven, giving up days off to train, players coming in say they've never known a group like it. The fans are fully behind the team and management, our history is being respected, local businesses are coming back to the club after being made to feel unwelcome by the previous dictatorship, ambtions are realistic, club legends are being welcomed back, indeed embraced, can anyone imagine Cortese running part of Benalis run with him like Ralph did? Shoulder to shoulder the clubs past and it's present, it was like a watershed moment signalling the new dawn that this great club is now in.

Hats off to the current board, they have turned the situation round on the pitch, replaced our want away players with at least their equals as promised they would whilst making a profit. They have United the club and proven that off it running a football club can be done successfully, in a fan friendly way without making enemies along the way. It truly never have been a better time to be a saints fan.

Edited by Turkish

After our stormy weather over the summer with some 'fans' willing to turn their backs on the club and believing the media storm whipped up that doomsday was upon is the turnaround has been incredible. Whatever side of the fence you're on regarding our ex CEO what cannot be denied is that he was a divisive. He did a lot of good for the club, but we all know that he had his faults and that has been done to death.

Now however after guiding us through choppy waters Kat, Les, Ralph and Gareth seem to have done what looked impossible in some fans eyes. We have a club that is successful on the pitch thus far, a manager who is fast becoming the most popular in recent history, a team who are committed and driven, giving up days off to train, players coming in say they've never known a group like it. The fans are fully behind the team and management, our history is being respected, local businesses are coming back to the club after being made to feel unwelcome by the previous dictatorship, ambtions are realistic, club legends are being welcomed back, indeed embraced, can anyone imagine Cortese running part of Benalis run with him like Ralph did? Shoulder to shoulder the clubs past and it's present, it was like a watershed moment signalling the new dawn that this great club is now in.

Hats off to the current board, they have turned the situation round on the pitch, replaced our want away players with at least their equals as promised they would whilst making a profit. They have United the club and proven that off it running a football club can be done successfully, in a fan friendly way with making enemies along the way. It truly never have been a better time to be a saints fan.

+1 .... even if you are on wind up Mr T, (which tbh I don't think you are!!)

A couple of months ago I was, in football matters, a very dark place. But now it is shinning brightly and I can't take this stupid mile off my face!!

I guess it calls for a little bit of this... (i'm sure evn Morgan had a beaming smile at the end of the match!!

Yes I think it's an amazing turnaround. I'm not a big advocate of "supporter on the board" representation but I would like to think the board are receptive to a ground-swell of opinion. As an old fart I'd like to see the next generation of local & support from further afield being encouraged by a reduction in match-day ticket prices.

It's now apparent modern football finance isn't based on maximising income through the turnstiles...it's revenue from TV coverage, sponsorship and commercial diversification. If "the brand" is to be expanded and the standing of the club enhanced to match, an expansion of the stadium in the future would be an announcement of intent.

At current prices our inability to fill the stadium is the only failure in what has been an exciting beginning to a new era in the club's history. Surely the club should be making some move to encourage filling the current capacity and maybe an aggressive reduction in pricing to fill a modestly enlarged St Marys in the not too distant future.

Two words spring to mind;

record, broken

You don't think the club is now united and more positive than is has been for a long time? Fair enough you continue with your personal crusade against me. You're at 8 out of 12 now so down to 66% ratio now. :lol:

Personally I think any fan who says they thought we weren't in the **** is talking ****** . I've never known a team disassembled and reassembled quite like what happened to us.

How about those people who thought they'd wait until the end of the transfer window and a few games into the season before giving the board both barrels?

Hats off to the current board, they have turned the situation round on the pitch, replaced our want away players with at least their equals as promised they would whilst making a profit. They have United the club and proven that off it running a football club can be done successfully, in a fan friendly way with making enemies along the way. It truly never have been a better time to be a saints fan.

Cortese would have been shoulder to hip.

Apart from gonk droids like you reminding everyone of their negative posts, yes.

• 1 month later...

lol, bump your own thread, I do give it to you, you definitely keep it up.

whats the excuse today, oh yeah, we've had a knees up at the training ground development that Cortese designed and initialised, or because Kat has spoken more English in one video that MP spoke all last season or a great speech from Wreck It Ralph that he could have tried on the likes of lallana and co

or you just fancied a bit of plain old "look at me" :rolleyes:

whats the excuse today, oh yeah, we've had a knees up at the training ground development that Cortese designed and initialised, or because Kat has spoken more English in one video that MP spoke all last season or a great speech from Wreck It Ralph that he could have tried on the likes of lallana and co

He was right though.

no mate, I'm pretty sure some of the people welling up and gushing with pride today were the same ones slagging the club and it's owners off all summer.

Great to see a united club with the fans happy and behind the team and board, like it or not even under Cortese the fan base wasn't united, it is now, apart from the wierdos with personal agendas of course.

What exactly did Ralph wreck?

Personally I think any fan who says they thought we weren't in the **** is talking ****** . I've never known a team disassembled and reassembled quite like what happened to us.

Not all of us were worried...I know a few Saints fans, myself included, who weren't worried when everything was happening.

We appointed a manager who had a better CV than any other manager we've had before coming to the club.

We were making huge profit on the players we were selling, all to clubs bigger than us.

We were expanding our club off the pitch, various appointments behind the scenes that don't have too much of an impact on the pitch but help the clubs profile grow.

We were in the middle of building the new state of the art training facilities, unveiled today.

We signed the third highest goalscorer in Europe, the best midfielder in the Eredivise, a Champions League winner and various other great players (Alderwireld is a big name, and I don't just mean it has a lot of letters!)

Krueger and Reed were both very positive through the whole thing, and let us know not to worry - there was no firesale, there were no plans to sell the club and there were players coming in. For all the put downs of them, all the people that said they were just easy PR wins, keeping the fans quiet? Well they weren't lying in the end, were they?

All the evidence that we were going to be fine was in front of us. Some just decided to ignore it and believe anything the Daily Mail spouted.

I repeated the above sentiments quite a bit through the summer, I believed whole heartedly we were going to be fine. Ralph Krueger and Les Reed were both very confident that we were going to be fine, and we were. The reaction on here was mental.

Where were you since the season started?

sitting in Itchen North, not sure i understand.

What did Ralph wreck? well, you cant blame him for the manager, thats for sure. Quite clear that MP was off after NC went, though you could argue that he made himself look a bit limp wristed with all the 'begging to stay' when we all knew that wasn't going to happen.

But he did wreck the team, a bloody good one. We sold off players for good money and they wanted to go and now we are doing even better. Brilliant, i am happy, unconvinced initially but have to say that the team is better than last season in many ways.

But please dont tell me that Ralph and the board were not a complete bunch of amateurs over the summer and made us look like some kind of tin pot clueless regime. At least they shut the door at MS and yes, got in RK, they have done some good things, but "we're not selling any of our players" to selling five of the best, come on! And Chambers FFS, that one still ranks as a shambles.

But we're all happy now and as long as we continue as we are, everyone will be happy, me included. If it does go a bit a Pete Tong, this place will be interesting.

What did Ralph wreck? well, you cant blame him for the manager, thats for sure. Quite clear that MP was off after NC went, though you could argue that he made himself look a bit limp wristed with all the 'begging to stay' when we all knew that wasn't going to happen.

But he did wreck the team, a bloody good one. We sold off players for good money and they wanted to go and now we are doing even better. Brilliant, i am happy, unconvinced initially but have to say that the team is better than last season in many ways.

But please dont tell me that Ralph and the board were not a complete bunch of amateurs over the summer and made us look like some kind of tin pot clueless regime. At least they shut the door at MS and yes, got in RK, they have done some good things, but "we're not selling any of our players" to selling five of the best, come on! And Chambers FFS, that one still ranks as a shambles.

But we're all happy now and as long as we continue as we are, everyone will be happy, me included. If it does go a bit a Pete Tong, this place will be interesting.

So you're blaming the man that admits quite freely admits he doesn't have anything to do with transfers for players leaving. Seems legit.

Are they making us look like amateurs now?

The question is "is this the most united the club has been?" I don't think we can answer right now. Success papers over cracks very very nicely... so to me right now because it's going so well, we don't know if there are significant cracks or where they are. A bad run, shock resignation or wacky transfer window and we might start to see where any fault-lines are.

And there may not be any. We may be really united, and not in a plastic Manchester sense. I just don't think we can tell right now because of the momentum and current circumstance.