Access to my drive - options.

Unbelievable Jeff

Update

So today my other half came home with my little girl and again we couldn't access our drive. She was nipping home and then out again, so she parked across their drive (when they're in they never usually leave. One of the old boys came out and had a go at my other half, in front of my 2 year old, threatening that they got police down the other day after I parked opposite their drive and then started "we've got a number of coppers in here" blah blah. He made my other half cry.

I am now on my way home and I am going to go and have a word with them.

Do I call the police and put in a nuisance complaint and hope I don't speak to any mason's?

Weston, I will use your contact details but I get the feeling nothing is going to happen. I am disgusted with them, and if they want a war, they can have a ****ing war.

My other thought was go to the local papers.

'want a war' is always a good place to start a boundary parking dispute!!!Especially when the other side dont live in the road and so can be a nuisance when they like.

I maybe well off the mark and dont know Westons advice but i would think he has the right contacts who can get things done.

Not having a go at you Jeff but seeing how you conduct yourself on here with the point scoring, i suggest diplomacy is not your strong point.

I do understand your frustration but it seems to me they have the whiphand.

On another note i think you need to clear this up amicably as when you try to sell your house in the future you will have to mention if you have had any boundary disputes. Yours will cost you buyers as well as money

'want a war' is always a good place to start a boundary parking dispute!!!Especially when the other side dont live in the road and so can be a nuisance when they like.

I maybe well off the mark and dont know Westons advice but i would think he has the right contacts who can get things done.

Not having a go at you Jeff but seeing how you conduct yourself on here with the point scoring, i suggest diplomacy is not your strong point.

I do understand your frustration but it seems to me they have the whiphand.

On another note i think you need to clear this up amicably as when you try to sell your house in the future you will have to mention if you have had any boundary disputes. Yours will cost you buyers as well as money

The last 18 months we have spent being nice, respectful, tried to deal with this in the correct way.

The lack of empathy, understanding, common courtesy and in general downright rudeness of the people who run the hall and its members have meant that diplomacy doesn't seem to be the way forward.

However you feel I am on this forum, I think we all have facets of our personality that are more exaggerated when on a forum. I am a normal 30 year old man that has come to the end of his tether after a year of 'nuisance' from an organisation that purports to be there to help society, unless of course it inconveniences their members.

The last 18 months we have spent being nice, respectful, tried to deal with this in the correct way.

Jeff, the problem can often be that the more reasonable you are to some people, the more they walk all over you. I certainly found this to be the case several years ago when I had a long running battle with a neighbour over his leylandii hedge; back then there was virtually nothing I could legally do to prevent him growing it as high as he ‘damn well chose’. This dispute seriously blighted the time we spent living in that house, and played a part in our decision to move to another place. ‘But that’s just letting the other bastard win!’ I hear people shout – well, to a large extent I agree; but if you’re not careful, disputes like these can escalate and cause a lot of unhappiness, not to mention frustration, irrational behaviour, wasted time and, if lawyers become involved, money. OldNick also makes a good point, above, about having to declare these types of dispute to future buyers (although I think that may only be the case if legal letters have been exchanged). Anyway, good luck, I hope you get it resolved soon.

The lack of empathy, understanding, common courtesy and in general downright rudeness of the people who run the hall and its members have meant that diplomacy doesn't seem to be the way forward.

However you feel I am on this forum, I think we all have facets of our personality that are more exaggerated when on a forum. I am a normal 30 year old man that has come to the end of his tether after a year of 'nuisance' from an organisation that purports to be there to help society, unless of course it inconveniences their members.

If people dont respond to reasonable approaches Im a great believer it treating people exactly the way they treat you. Id buy an old van registered to some made up company and park it repeatedly across their drive. Maybe even follow a couple of the worst offenders home and park across their drive too. After a week of that they'll be ready to negotiate.

Been having major issues at work with an arsehole parking in my parking space outside my office. Warned him a couple of times and he still does it so blocked him in today and them ignored him hopefully long enough so he was late for work. If he does it again his car can stay there for the day next time.

Fair point, if they are not playing the game i understand your frustration. It would be interesting what Weston comes up for you

How many drives are affected by cars parked opposite them? I get the impression from what you say, that the road is narrow and full on Lodge meeting days, so many others seem to be inconvenienced. Why not get a petition signed by all the other households similarly affected and present it to the council with a request that double yellow lines be placed across driveways and also across the road from those driveways? That will sort the buggers out.

How many drives are affected by cars parked opposite them? I get the impression from what you say, that the road is narrow and full on Lodge meeting days, so many others seem to be inconvenienced. Why not get a petition signed by all the other households similarly affected and present it to the council with a request that double yellow lines be placed across driveways and also across the road from those driveways? That will sort the buggers out.

There aren't many drives, and those that there are tend to be double drives. I am applying to make our drive a double drive as that will solve the issue. Will cost a bit of money but what can you do. They are just a nuisance, like pikeys, but seem to be a law unto their own.

If they p**s you off push sh*t thruw the key hole, get your car out of the way get the fire brigade to come racing thruw the road on a hoax

pay some local yoooffs to play football down the road,angle nails against there tires,

Key hole? On a car? I haven't seen a car with a key hole for ages, let alone used one :|

• 2 weeks later...

So after another couple of weeks of this issue, I am now widening our dropped kerb and putting in a double drive this will mean I can actually get into my drive, and i will also put gates up which means they can no longer use my drive to turn around in. 1 positive at least, shame it's going to cost me a few grand to be free of this 'nuisance'.

This occurred to me too. Assuming Jeff is on good terms with his neighbours, surely the thing to do would be get them to confirm the problem and put in a written complaint to the lodge and the council?

If the lodge keep saying that 'members are policemen' then by all means find out their shoulder numbers, and report them to Hampshire Police Professional Standards department for a violation of their code of ethics (http://www.college.police.uk/en/20972.htm)

Even with the masons, they can't get past that, and any police officer found to be using his power for the benefit of the lodge, rather than the public, will be SACKED (Hampshire are quite harsh with their rules) even if they are the Chief Constable.

If the lodge keep saying that 'members are policemen' then by all means find out their shoulder numbers, and report them to Hampshire Police Professional Standards department for a violation of their code of ethics (http://www.college.police.uk/en/20972.htm)

Even with the masons, they can't get past that, and any police officer found to be using his power for the benefit of the lodge, rather than the public, will be SACKED (Hampshire are quite harsh with their rules) even if they are the Chief Constable.

That's very interesting...thanks for that.