Baby name Q

GarrettIvo

Hi all.

My missus and I are expecting our first child in May. Hopefully birth doesn't clash with our FA Cup Final appearance or CL qualification clincher :)

Anyways, one of the names she likes for a boy (we don't know what it is yet) is Morgan.

But while I'd be happy to give my son the name of our favourite Frenchman, I'm not sure it works with my surname, also a two syllable name beginning with M.

And I don't want to be stuck with a reminder of what used to be if and when Schneiderlin goes off to a big European club.

What do I do?

What do I do?

Seek advice from this well rounded lot and do as as they say.

Is your surname Morgan? if so it is a must.

Otherwise I'd go for Victor - much stronger

Or Graziano or Dusan - more exotic.

Then again Leslie and Ralph are always up there at the top of popular names lists

What if it is a girl? Nicola maybe although a little seventies

Difficult to know what will happen to our Morgan in the next decade.

But go for it anyway. You can always activate the "well I've always loved The Shawshank Redemption" get-out.

Or if its a girl that tasteless ladies clothing brand, potential to call future offspring, Armani, Gucci etc. I'm probably going to call my next one Stone Island.

Hi all.

My missus and I are expecting our first child in May. Hopefully birth doesn't clash with our FA Cup Final appearance or CL qualification clincher :)

Anyways, one of the names she likes for a boy (we don't know what it is yet) is Morgan.

But while I'd be happy to give my son the name of our favourite Frenchman, I'm not sure it works with my surname, also a two syllable name beginning with M.

And I don't want to be stuck with a reminder of what used to be if and when Schneiderlin goes off to a big European club.

What do I do?

I feel for you pal, choosing a baby name is a difficult but exciting decision.

There are a few definite dos and donts when considering this good buddy

if you're asking for advice on a mongboard, you ain't posh, so don't give the fruit of your loins a posh name as everyone will think you're a bellend when you call him in yourdeepest 'ampshire accent. This Means Charles, Hugo, et all are all out.

We went to Italy shortly after mrs T found out she was pregnant, she suggested and Italian name. What with is both being as Italian as Saab no words were need when that came up, the look was enough if you get my drift. If you ain't foreign don't give them a foreign name. A blonde haired, blue eyed boy call Luca or Alessandro, do me a favour, everyone would think 'bellend'

Next it's names that are after places. Some dippy mum we know called her kid Asia FFS. The nearest she's been to Asia is Spice island curry house. It's just embarrassing.

Finally and this is most important imagine the name being screamed at the top of his voice by an obese council estate mum wearing leggings, a vest top and lots of jewellery. If is sounds awful or the words "come 'ere you little c*nt" or "ain't he a sh it bag" flow too easily next then it's a definite no no. This instantly rules out names like Tyler, Connor, Kane and Lewis.

It's not easy pal but I'm sure with my advice and other helpful mongboarders we can guide you towards the correct decision.

Edited by Turkish

I feel for you pal, choosing a baby name is a difficult but exciting decision.

There are a few definite dos and donts when considering this good buddy

if you're asking for advice on a mongboard, you ain't posh, so don't give the fruit of your loins a posh name as everyone will think you're a bellend when you call him in tour 'ampshire accent. This Means Charles, Hugo, et all are also out.

We went to Italy shortly after mrs T found out she was pregnant, she suggested and Italian name. What with is both being at Italian as Saab no words were need when that came up, the look was enough if you get my drift. If you ain't foreign don't give them a foreign name. A blonde haired, blue eyed boy call Luca or Alessandro, do me a favour, everyone would think 'bellend'

Next it's names that are after places. Some dippy mum we know called her kid Asia FFS. The nearest she's been to Asia is Spice island curry house. It's just embarrassing.

Finally and this is most important imagine the name being screamed at the top of his voice by an obese council estate mum wearing leggings, a vest top and lots of jewellery. If is sounds awful or the words "come 'ere you little c*nt" or "ain't he a sh it bag" flow too easily next then it's a definite no no. This instantly rules out names like Tyler, Connor, Kane and Lewis.

It's not easy pal but I'm sure with my advice and other helpful mongboarders we can guide you towards the correct decision.

We're on holiday in New Zealand at the moment. Already ruled out place names. Although Puketutu does role off the tongue.

Edited by GarrettIvo
Lousy tablet keyboard

Seek advice from this well rounded lot and do as as they say.

Is your surname Morgan? if so it is a must.

Otherwise I'd go for Victor - much stronger

Or Graziano or Dusan - more exotic.

Then again Leslie and Ralph are always up there at the top of popular names lists

What if it is a girl? Nicola maybe although a little seventies

Surely though Nicola for a boy!

Hi all.

What do I do?

So I've taken matters into my own hands here, GarrettIvo, and I've called the Perth Child Protection Agency.

Anyone that comes to TMS looking for advice on naming their child, is not fit to raise one. No offence, well a little perhaps.

Why don't you do that really vain thing of naming the child after yourself, and suffix its name with "Jnr" or "the 2nd".

Or, if it's a girl, take a leaf out Nigel Lawson's book and add an "a" to the end of your own name to make a female equivalent.

That's what we did for my daughter "Youcompletetwata".

My Mrs is due in April next year, I wouldn't want to steal the best name but can I have the 2nd placed one? Actually, **** that, mine will be here first I am having the best one!

You mean, I'm going to be a Grandad?

I just hope it doesn't bark.

Seriously Toke, congratulations mate! That's great news.

Oh, and by the way I've got one or one suggestion for the name - if it's a boy.

PM me for details.

LIke Turkish said (feck me) go for a name which isnt associated with any particular class or group. Something a little unusual without trying too hard or making one up, something not common or posh and something the kids wont take the **** out of at school - ie not Morgan the Organ. Also try not to get sucked into whats popular at the time - often you dont even realise you did till years afterwards. You could do worse than Garrett.

I remember hearing from a well-respected and leading authority on these matters – the Bird’s of a Feature sitcom, IIRC – that you can test the strength, or, conversely, the naffness, of a boy's name by adding the word ‘king’ in front of it, e.g. king Richard = strong, king Brooklyn = naff (sorry Becks)

Thought you'd have called them Tanadari??

Them? I can't be held responsible for impregnating all of them. Although I did have a let to drink. On that subject, the name Ched keeps springing to mind. Chedwin Park is such a beautiful part of Jamaica, with plenty of leg room.

6547783.jpg

Oh, and by the way I've got one or one suggestion for the name - if it's a boy.

PM me for details.

Tell the whole of the class please Bletch.

Tim, your mail order bride with be with you Sunday. Apologies for the last one.

Them? I can't be held responsible for impregnating all of them. Although I did have a let to drink. On that subject, the name Ched keeps springing to mind. Chedwin Park is such a beautiful part of Jamaica, with plenty of leg room.

6547783.jpg

Tell the whole of the class please Bletch.

Tim, your mail order bride with be with you Sunday. Apologies for the last one.

Hirohito of course - I know you're a fan. Or Bletch. Or Carson.

BTW, has the Mrs had any odd cravings yet? You know, eating soil, scratching her ear with her toes, freaking out when the postman "comes", that sort of thing?

P.S. I need a new Llama. If you come across a good one, let me know. Must look good in lycra. Rule #1.

You're right you can never call the nipper Morgan until the real Morgan has finished his career and dedicated a significant/meaningful chunk to Saints, which is why your ex-player names are limited to: Matthew/Matty, Kelvin, Alan, Terry, Mickie, Rickie, Claus, Anders, Marian etc.

Having said that, Morgan would be a class first name - are you Mormon?

You can find some excellent advice right here. Other than that, if your surname isn't too phonetically similar to Morgan, then I see no problems with you preferred choice. Morgan Matthews would sound fine. Morgan Morton wouldn't.

Bletch bach, I can supply you with a very fine llama, isn't it. It may look a little short of leg and neck, but you won't notice the difference when you're standing behind it, if you catch my drift. And, if you do catch my drift, can you please sedate it and send it back to me. I miss it.

What do I do?

Pick another name?

You're right you can never call the nipper Morgan until the real Morgan has finished his career and dedicated a significant/meaningful chunk to Saints, which is why your ex-player names are limited to: Matthew/Matty, Kelvin, Alan, Terry, Mickie, Rickie, Claus, Anders, Marian etc.

Having said that, Morgan would be a class first name - are you Mormon?

Don't forget Markus and Ted.

Have you looked into corporate sponsorship of the whelp ?, could be good money in having a Muvi or a Veho?

Probably avoid Wonga at the moment

One of the most famous voice actors of all time was christened Wonga. Granted it's lost its charm in the last few years!