Man city match thread

Mr X

Reed or Gardos ? Reed is a natural midfielder is he not? and Gardos can play there as we were told when he signed. Not rocket science. Replace like for like.

So you'd throw in a young kid against Toure?

Alderweild is more of a CM than Gardos.

Good move. Glad you're not the manager.

He was ill

apparently so, missed that!

Injuries were always likely to undo us a club our size can't absorb a couple of major losses as this shows Schniederlin goes of injured his natural replacement is out ill so we re-shuffle the back four and loose.

Still a great season to be a saint, all those who are going o log on and rip the team to bits need to get some perspective a weaker City side than this beat Bayern Munich in the week! We are still a small club playing well above ourselves. This makes the league cup game in Sheffield even more important for me we need to get something out of the last two seasons of success and a trip to Wemberly would be great.

Three nil loss at home to a ten man team and NO booing at the ground. I think that tells you a lot. We really weren't that bad at all.

We were pretty ****, but no way should there have been booing as we've been brilliant so far this season. Not so much this game though, but I think as fans we'll allow them that!

City bought their A+ game south today, as evidenced by the likes of Lampard coming off the bench. Don't think we've played well the last 2 games but need to re-group for mid-week and hope Cork is better. Hopefully Morgan only precautionary. Can stomach losing to an outstanding side like that but that second goal was absolutely pathetic to concede at a time when we had over 10 minutes at City + injury time to get at 10 men and that's the sort of thing that can be improved. Didn't get out quickly enough for the first but Toure kept it down really well. Him and Aguero were the difference between the sides.

Overall, a bit of reality check but we're miles ahead so far this season of where we could have hoped and a couple of hints that we need a couple more new faces in the window to keep fresh.

I agree with that Man City were the better side but dont make that an excuse for our loss. We were poor- couldnt pass water today, there were signs of this against Villa. Tadic has been poor last couple of games as has Pelle ( Doesn't look confident all of a sudden).

Our set-pieces have once again been absolutely shocking.

Yep. I mentioned to someone after the mangala red, what would you give for lambert on this free kick, and sure enough it got paddled gently into the wall. And our corners were hopeless as well, got to wonder what would have happened with a fit jwp on for morgan.

He has been poor, although he is up against one of the best in Kompany.

Tadic is the one I've been most disappointed and frustrated with, he's had a total nightmare and has killed our attack. I hope this is a one off.

Tend to agree with this, Tadic has been outstanding this season and was our stand out in a poor display first half on Monday but vanished second half and today. Maybe it's the pace of the PL catching up with him slightly but didn't go past anyone today and was easy to defend against as he slowed everything down. Pelle was a bit static again which isn't helping him in fairness.

Still, that was City at their best, don't think many sides in the world could have dealt with them today, showed Saints respect and ultra professional, Aguero decision didn't rattle them for long. Might have more tough medicine midweek to take but then focus on Burnley and Sheff Utd which are winnable games.

Should never have unsettled defense by moving Toby forward. Pochettino and Atkins trusted Shaw and Prowsey and got a point or two. Why didn't Koeman use Target or Reed?

Too much of a gamble to throw in a kid in such a big game, when it's 0-0.

You have a player in Toby who has played there before, so you go with experience. Of course it wasn't ideal, but injuries aren't ideal. It's the situation we face as a club of our size, Koeman did the sensible and safe option to retain the experience.

Too much of a gamble to throw in a kid in such a big game, when it's 0-0.

You have a player in Toby who has played there before, so you go with experience. Of course it wasn't ideal, but injuries aren't ideal. It's the situation we face as a club of our size, Koeman did the sensible and safe option to retain the experience.

Why is it too much of a gamble? I don't understand why we have a midfielder on the bench, and then when a midfielder gets injured, we don't use the midfielder. I like Reed and think he would have done alright out there. At least he shows a bit of passion and willingness, unlike many of the other pretenders in red and white today.